Micheal Pietrus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Micheal Pietrus

At the beggining of the season when Pietrus first signed with the celtics, he said "I think this could be a finals team, at the time i thought he was crazy. He clearly knew something noone else did. What do u guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Micheal Pietrus

Hi,
    Yes, if they play in playoffs as they played the last 3 games.
    Unfortunately MP might not be able to take part in it.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah, we need Pietrus back and at his VERY best to have a chance

In the end we are still likely to be a big man short

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Honestly I like sasha as well as peitrus.  However, MP seems bigger, stronger, and can play more power forwards. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Pietrus is hitting 3's as the same rate as Sasha he is far better b/c of his D

Sasha hit two daggers yesterday, w/o those we probably lose b/c Miami would have pulled ahead around the half

Pietrus was hot early but in the weeks before the concussion he was playing good D, but shooting terribly from outside.

We need him to be the new Posey, James was always like 1-2 or 2-3 with clutch 3's, and filled it up in short mins with like 8-9 points 3-4 rebounds, 1-2 assists, and a steal/block a game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Micheal Pietrus:
    [QUOTE]If Pietrus is hitting 3's as the same rate as Sasha he is far better b/c of his D Sasha hit two daggers yesterday, w/o those we probably lose b/c Miami would have pulled ahead around the half Pietrus was hot early but in the weeks before the concussion he was playing good D, but shooting terribly from outside. We need him to be the new Posey, James was always like 1-2 or 2-3 with clutch 3's, and filled it up in short mins with like 8-9 points 3-4 rebounds, 1-2 assists, and a steal/block a game
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    I love Pietrus as a player and what he brings as a person with his enthusiasm. But lets not forget Sasha is showing he can be of help. He is 6-7 and tough.  I have seen him intermittently make blocks and shots only a superstar can make.

Whatever prevents him from doing it consistently has held him back but this 28 year old is worth keeping around and may win some games down the line. I see why Doc has stuck with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think doc really stuck with him.  In fact, he was burried in the rotation until MP got hurt.  Then doc tried to go with quis, with predictable results.

Frankly, I think doc just had to play sasha, even though I've always said I think sasha has played well in limited minutes after the first few games.  Maybe doc was just loyal to quis since he had seniority on the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

anyone know when/if Pietrus is coming back?

Celts could use him the next week for sure.

a 3 man inside rotation will be tough to go deep in the playoffs with, wish Johnson or Hollins would show something.

otherwise our depth looks pretty good everywhere else right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=937&line=178551&spln=1

Mickael Pietrus (concussion) went through a workout at the Celtics practice facility and emerged without complications.
    Good news for Pietrus as he looks to return from a Grade III concussion. He passed his first baseline test a few days ago, and he'll have another medical exam on Tuesday. It's conceivable Pietrus could be back before the regular season ends, but he obviously won't return until he's 100 percent cleared to do so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I like Pietrus but offensively Sasha makes smarter choices. Thats my take. Sasha has been GREAT. He does little things and he does not commit to the 3 everytime he gets the ball unlike Pietrus. HOWEVER, Pietrus is the C's energy guy.. There is the 9 men rotation right there with Pietrus back. No need for more...use Sasha or Pietrus depending on the situation.

Sections
Shortcuts