MID TERM GRADES FOR C'S

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: MID TERM GRADES FOR C'S

I agree with everything EXCEPT him giving JON a D!!

He's getting a failing grade IMO....F!

Injuries are part of it and he signed a FULL MLE deal and hasn't played in half the games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Should that be an incomplete?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I would have to agree with his grades. He did not give an overall team grade. I would give a team grade as an A-. Despite having many key injuries thus far, the C's have the second best record in the NBA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i don't know how a point guard shooting 45% from the free throw line can get graded A-

anyone? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: MID TERM GRADES FOR C'S:
    i don't know how a point guard shooting 45% from the free throw line can get graded A- anyone? 
    Posted by aciemvp

Or who gets to the charity stripe a grand total of 1.6 times per game.

Let me check my arithmetic. Hmmmmm

45% multiplied by.......    55% times......

Hmmmmmm.... 

.72 FTs/PerGame made!   .88 FTs/PerGame missed!

Ouch!

{Someone check my higher math please.}

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Repeat after me:

"A point guard does not have to be a scorer.  A point guard does not have to be a scorer. . ."

On his worst night Rondo has never completely disappeared the way Deron Williams did the other night.  He let his fouls intimidate him, took away his shot, his inside game, and had zero effect trying to run the offense.  I was embarrassed for him.

At least with Rondo, when one part of game isn't working, he ramps up another part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Repeat after me:

In Response to Repeat after me::
    "A point guard does not have to be a scorer.  A point guard does not have to be a scorer. . ." On his worst night Rondo has never completely disappeared the way Deron Williams did the other night.  He let his fouls intimidate him, took away his shot, his inside game, and had zero effect trying to run the offense.  I was embarrassed for him. At least with Rondo, when one part of game isn't working, he ramps up another part.
    Posted by Number6Fan

"yet a point guard has to be able to score in order to keep the defense honest, yet a point guard has to be able to score in order to keep the defense honest, (in particular the outside shot)..... "

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I'd give Rondo a solid A. The only PG who has played better this year is Rose. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Repeat after me::
    In Response to Repeat after me: : "yet a point guard has to be able to score in order to keep the defense honest, yet a point guard has to be able to score in order to keep the defense honest, (in particular the outside shot)..... "
    Posted by aciemvp

I don't know.  It will be interesting to see if Rondo makes the all star team as a reserve since coaches do the voting.

If he does it will be Chris Forsberg and all the NBA coaches against you and Pud and Dudder.

I mean obviously you three have more credibility.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Barney Fife is in the house!

In Response to Re: Repeat after me: :  so what i think to my self-important self is: who will be doing the ball handling late in close games?  ray?  paul?  it won't be rondo other than to pass the ball in or get rid of it as soon as he can.  Posted by aciemvp

Lets hope that Delonte will be handling the ball at crunch time in close games... and let Rondo QB the team while sitting on the pine.

Fragile ego or not, shakey self-confidence or not, stat conscious or not, someone explain to our idiot savant #9 that its all about winning.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Repeat after me: : dear smarmy-cakes, i don't care about what anyone else "says" or thinks.  i am merely thinking ahead to the playoffs and how well a jumpshot-bashful, FT bricking point guard will do for us in an increasingly half court pressure cooker game. rondo's never had a worse shooting season than this one by the numbers.  46% is reggie evans with a blindfold on territory. so what i think to my self-important self is: who will be doing the ball handling late in close games?  ray?  paul?  it won't be rondo other than to pass the ball in or get rid of it as soon as he can.  and, normally, a function of most point guards is to be the safekeeper of the ball during close finishes, and that involves the "clock" game, which involves fouls and such, and that won't involve rondo @ 46%. i know he normally "turns it on" toward the end of the year and that lasts into the playoffs, but starting at 46%, how far "on" can it go, and how long will it last? does the pondering of such questions usually happen for all star guards? dont' answer, just whisper into the pillow tonight to yourself, i don't give a crap what your answer is.  i'm merely framing my past questions about said supah stah as it pertains to the <gasp /> playoff success of the team
    Posted by aciemvp

Just saying a man is judged by the company he keeps and your company is pud and dud.  Others on this board share the opinions of the men who are paid millions to coach in the NBA.  

By way calling me smarmy cakes and talking about me whispering into pillows makes me kind of uncomfortable.  Acie man.  I don't like you like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Repeat after me: : yeah, not really,  a large number of people, various different usernames have consented that they are concerned, angered and/or frustrated by rondo's hesitancy to shoot jumpers, inability to shoot free throws. so if i'm one of the few who dare say it with any frequency then what does that make me?  bringer of truth or BS artist?  rondo's shooting numbers are still garbage for the year, you know all i'm waiting for is for him to put his demons behind him and become the all nba, perennial all star, yearly mvp candidate that he COULD be. but alas he remains a nugget of fool's gold and that's what 5 year old potential turns into in this league.  if you can't figure out how to stroke it from 15 feet, get a contract extension, affirmation everywhere, can never be benched for passing up open shots or even gamble-heavy defense- there ain't much hope for redemption.  i'd still love to see it, but the historical chances are VERY low. your pillow is for you lefty.  now go whisper yourself sweet nothings about how solid rondo is.  and then bite the pillow to convince yourself of it.
    Posted by aciemvp

Yeah the whole bit the pillow thing is kind of just odd man. If you dig using homophobic slurs to make your points I have to admit I lost a little respect for you. If you want to play childish insult games I suppose I could but that would be umm childish.

You get so stuck in your dogma you never even pay attention that I always say there are 10 pgs in the NBA better. Or that I say he needs to drive to the basket more.  You tend to be one of those extremist guys.  You hate that your PG can't shoot or hit free throws but you don't mind that your PF can't rebound or block shots. Myself I tend to be rational and come in on the middle on both.

My point is the three of you guys have a circular thought pattern.  You can't even see a post where someone gives Rondo an A- without getting all worked up and when someone points out that lots of people think that Rondo is quite good you get all odd and try (and fail) to get all insult comic on me.  I cant help you with this man.  You're going to have to figure it all out on your own.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rodman couldn't shoot a lick either but he was a rather good player

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Rodman couldn't shoot a lick either but he was a rather good player
    Posted by OneOnOne

People on this board can be really black and white while evaluating talent.  Yeah I don't remember a lot of talk back in the day about Rodman being not acceptable because he couldn't shoot.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

icon i don't know where you dredge up homophobic out of any of this crap, you're starting to sound like an ollber"man" special comment.  it's weak.  more referring to a horse chomping on a bit except your don't have a bit of truth.

10 guards better, so what? 

EVERYTHING I EVER SAY on this board pertains to my vision of this team's performance in the playoffs.  people grow to accept rondo's play in the regular season even when there are glaring problems statistically and in practice on a regular basis.

i simply don't accept these issues as they have been proven time and again to be able to be solved with just a little bit of hard work and discipline.  but somehow, this team has accepted the weak excuse that "he doesn't NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to score on this roster", while gleefully ignoring the fact that if he isn't a scoring threat then we are looking at pure misery in the half court set.

but you're right, it's black and white, do the hard work or don't.

and PS to one on one- rodman WAS a functional scorer when he came into the league and he scored some in college.  he wasn't a great scorer but he could do the basics.  and then he started ignoring scoring, to a fault, as rondo does, and would just grab a rebound, even an offensive one with a point blank put back opportunity, and becuase he valued the rebound so MUCH, he'd pass the ball back out so he could get another rebound.

that is the definition of sheer idiocy and it was rodman, and it IS rondo when he passes up point blank shots in favor of passing the ball, just as rodman over-rebounded the ball.

WHY did rodman allow his offensive game to atrophy so much?  mental illness is the answer.  a poorly formed conception of the game as a statistical  buffet for him to be "the best rebounder" becuase that's what he wanted to do.  most especially true the longer his career droned on.  it was pathetic to see. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Wishful thinking???

In Response to Re: Repeat after me: : Yeah the whole bit the pillow thing is kind of just odd man. If you dig using homophobic slurs to make your points I have to admit I lost a little respect for you. If you want to play childish insult games I suppose I could but that would be umm childish.   You get so stuck in your dogma you never even pay attention that I always say there are 10 pgs in the NBA better. Or that I say he needs to drive to the basket more.  You tend to be one of those extremist guys.  You hate that your PG can't shoot or hit free throws but you don't mind that your PF can't rebound or block shots. Myself I tend to be rational and come in on the middle on both. My point is the three of you guys have a circular thought pattern.  You can't even see a post where someone gives Rondo an A- without getting all worked up and when someone points out that lots of people think that Rondo is quite good you get all odd and try (and fail) to get all insult comic on me.  I cant help you with this man.  You're going to have to figure it all out on your own.
    Posted by Icon11

No one's hitting on you, Icon.

Give it a rest... and try the IGNORE option if others opinions make you uncomfortable.

And for Gawd sake, stop the whining about how you're a wide-eyed middle of the roader re:Rondo.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

i don't know how a point guard shooting 45% from the free throw line can get graded A- anyone? 
    Posted by aciemvp

That is why it is an A- instead of an A+. Duh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: MID TERM GRADES FOR C'S : Or who gets to the charity stripe a grand total of 1.6 times per game. Let me check my arithmetic. Hmmmmm 45% multiplied by.......    55% times...... Hmmmmmm....  .72 FTs/PerGame made!   .88 FTs/PerGame missed! Ouch! {Someone check my higher math please.} Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

The pts per game missed from the foul line is better than the guy who shoots 80% from the line and goes to the line 5 times. Rondo has never been to the line alot. When he takes it in for a layup he usually doesn't get fouled. Is that a flaw?

This is a silly discussion. What is better... to get to the line after being fouled or shooting 49% from the field and not getting fouled?

The "and one" excepted... a player wants to make field goals more than he gets fouled.

You and Acie want to take one stat...the FT% and blow it up into more than it is to self serve your anti Rondo  "former point guard" analysis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

icon i don't know where you dredge up homophobic out of any of this crap, you're starting to sound like an ollber"man" special comment.  it's weak.  more referring to a horse chomping on a bit except your don't have a bit of truth. 10 guards better, so what?  EVERYTHING I EVER SAY on this board pertains to my vision of this team's performance in the playoffs.  people grow to accept rondo's play in the regular season even when there are glaring problems statistically and in practice on a regular basis. i simply don't accept these issues as they have been proven time and again to be able to be solved with just a little bit of hard work and discipline.  but somehow, this team has accepted the weak excuse that "he doesn't NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to score on this roster", while gleefully ignoring the fact that if he isn't a scoring threat then we are looking at pure misery in the half court set. but you're right, it's black and white, do the hard work or don't. and PS to one on one- rodman WAS a functional scorer when he came into the league and he scored some in college.  he wasn't a great scorer but he could do the basics.  and then he started ignoring scoring, to a fault, as rondo does, and would just grab a rebound, even an offensive one with a point blank put back opportunity, and becuase he valued the rebound so MUCH, he'd pass the ball back out so he could get another rebound. that is the definition of sheer idiocy and it was rodman, and it IS rondo when he passes up point blank shots in favor of passing the ball, just as rodman over-rebounded the ball. WHY did rodman allow his offensive game to atrophy so much?  mental illness is the answer.  a poorly formed conception of the game as a statistical  buffet for him to be "the best rebounder" becuase that's what he wanted to do.  most especially true the longer his career droned on.  it was pathetic to see. 
    Posted by aciemvp

Dude...bite the pillow?  I was just pulling your chain but you might as well say trying on the pink sock.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Wishful thinking???

In Response to Wishful thinking???:
    In Response to Re: Repeat after me: : No one's hitting on you, Icon. Give it a rest... and try the IGNORE option if others opinions make you uncomfortable. And for Gawd sake, stop the whining about how you're a wide-eyed middle of the roader re:Rondo. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Why would I use the ignore option?  I thought this was a forum to talk about basketball.  You would suggest I ignore people that I disagree with?  That would be kind of odd.  

And I am a middle of the roader on Rondo you silly little man.  What's the matter?  You get upset because someone doesn't say Rondo is neither the best pg in the NBA or a significant problem?  Maybe you should use the ignore option on me if my lack of hyperbole freaks you out so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id upgrade the grades for these 3: Shaq, Baby & Quis

Shaq has given us much more than I dreamed, save for a short stretch of games. Hes actually been a go2 guy.  Id give Shaq an "A"

Baby has improved his perimeter game & has aided the Celtic cause greatly by sacrificing his body to take the charge. Hes the best at it in the NBA.  Two enormous improvements to his already decent game. Id give Baby an "A"

Quis is often overlooked on this team when dishing out accolades. The guy is solid as a rock. He looks so fragile out there, I expect him to get pushed around like he was Richard Simmons... but hes tough. A good post player and also improved his perimeter game some. Mostly, hes reliable.  Id give Quis a "B+++"

JON is an incomplete but if I had to give him a grade based upon his limited play during games, it would be a "C".  Hes been invisible at times, slow and lethargic... other times hes clogged the lane, hit his short jumper and makes FTs.  Everyone is angry with the guy but if hes injured, what can you do? Cant get mad at him for being so fragile unless you want to point out how out of shape he came to camp.  Then an "F" is in order

Sections
Shortcuts