Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach:
    Mike Brown? Wow, this is good news. Of course Kobe is the real Lakers coach, so it doesn't matter who the titular coach is.
    Posted by Kirk6

I agree with you. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Hasn't happened yet. But it's dissapointing that Brian Shaw isn't being offered the job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Isn't shaw the guy who went to play in italy rather than play for the c's again?  Why would I like that guy?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Mike Brown will not be the next head coach of the Golden State Warriors. Instead,  Brown, the former coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, will be named the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to two league sources.  Brown was considered a frontrunner for the Warriors' job, but is expected to sign a four-year, $18 million contract with L.A. -- succeeding Phil Jackson as coach. The Warriors have had informal discussions with approximately a dozen candidates, and owner Joe Lacob said on Tuesday that the team's head coaching search would start to pick up.  CSNBayArea.com
    Posted by Fiercest34

Are the Lakers about to have an ML Carr moment?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Isn't shaw the guy who went to play in italy rather than play for the c's again?  Why would I like that guy?
    Posted by cole-ely

No idea, I know he was an ex-Celtic from a long time ago. Played for Miami and Orlando as well I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Are the Lakers about to have an ML Carr moment?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

LOL, it's not that bad. He can coach, but I don't think he's the right coach for the team. Obviously the powers that be believe he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Mike Brown will not be the next head coach of the Golden State Warriors. Instead,  Brown, the former coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, will be named the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to two league sources.  Brown was considered a frontrunner for the Warriors' job, but is expected to sign a four-year, $18 million contract with L.A. -- succeeding Phil Jackson as coach. The Warriors have had informal discussions with approximately a dozen candidates, and owner Joe Lacob said on Tuesday that the team's head coaching search would start to pick up.  CSNBayArea.com
    Posted by Fiercest34

Dang. Warriors may have been a better job for him. Following on from Jackson will be a huge burden for him. Not to mention inheriting an aging team. And one that may well have had it's last real run at a championship. In it's current form that is.

I'd have been more inclined to hire Shaw and run the same systems, but tweak it a little and run with it for one more season. Although part of me doesn't think that this would matter as we're still not in the upper echelon of Western Conference teams at the moment. But man, I would have said the same thing about Dallas one month ago. So who knows?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Wow what a post

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Adelman, Dunleavy, Shaw... Brown? Really?

Not sure about this - I have the same feeling about this decision that I had with Rudy T.

But I've got to trust the Lakers know what they are doing.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Haha...great news!

And Jerry West ain't walking through that FO door anytime soon either.

Looks like Banner#18 is totally safe!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Mike Brown? Wow, this is good news. Of course Kobe is the real Lakers coach, so it doesn't matter who the titular coach is.
    Posted by Kirk6

Agree this is good news for us. Lakers begin their decent into mediocrity. Sweet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Celtics fans make him seem like Randy Pfund.  I have reservations, but he was an assistant under Popo[b]ich, so maybe he learned something.  If true, I think he'll be better than Dunleavy was after Riley.  Nobody can replace the GOAT (yes, talking about Phil), but at one time, Paul Westhead and Pat Riley were no-names, before their time as Lakers coaches. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

This is a historic moment for Mike Brown. He becomes the first head coach to coach two different teams, the Cavs in 2010 and the Lakers in 2011, that quit in the semis of the playoffs. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

So, it's not that the Celtics deserved to beat the Cavs in 2010, but rather the Cavs quit?  Interesting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hiring a retread who failed with a supposed talent laden team is just what a franchise on the decline like the Lakers should do.  

The ship is sinking anyway so save some cash on the head coach.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

GREAT NEWS for the Lakers!!! Mike Brown is a defense first coach, and in 5 years, only took his team to the ECF twice and the NBA Finals once with only 1 star and a load of scrubs. I cannot wait to see what he does now that he has proven champions and actual talent. Cool

Sections
Shortcuts