Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach:
    I can't help but be amused that people create accounts to pretend they are Celtics fans.
    Posted by tompenny

Its not just people pretending to be Celtics fans either.

See: isACGreen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

Great news for Celtic fans!!! I thought they were after the other Brown guy...Larry Brown. Now, he is one tough task master and makes you play defense. Makes me wonder what the LA management is thinking. Mike Brown...Mike Brown...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Mike Brown will not be the next head coach of the Golden State Warriors. Instead,  Brown, the former coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, will be named the new coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to two league sources.  Brown was considered a frontrunner for the Warriors' job, but is expected to sign a four-year, $18 million contract with L.A. -- succeeding Phil Jackson as coach. The Warriors have had informal discussions with approximately a dozen candidates, and owner Joe Lacob said on Tuesday that the team's head coaching search would start to pick up.  CSNBayArea.com
    Posted by Fiercest34

I'm really impressed with your cut-and-paste prowess, considering your mentally challenged posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : I'm really impressed with your cut-and-paste prowess, considering your mentally challenged posts.
    Posted by icnd

Yes, Fiercest is not very smart. Almost everyone of his started discussions has a least 1 lie in it. I am always correcting him and putting him in his place. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They picked Mike Brown because they know Kobe will have no problem steamrolling him.  Lebron has already broken him in.

Look for the Lakers to continue their historic decline this coming year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

They picked Mike Brown because they know Kobe will have no problem steamrolling him.  Lebron has already broken him in. Look for the Lakers to continue their historic decline this coming year.
    Posted by concord27

By historic decline, are you referring to their 5 titles since the year 2000? 

Only in beantown, only in beantown... Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : Yes, Fiercest is not very smart. Almost everyone of his started discussions has a least 1 lie in it. I am always correcting him and putting him in his place.
    Posted by Tayshawn

He makes you like an idiot you mean. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : By historic decline, are you referring to their 5 titles since the year 2000?  Only in beantown, only in beantown...
    Posted by Tayshawn

That's title town to you mr. Second place. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

We always do it better when it comes to "Historic Declines" 23 years for a ring, Now that is a "Historic Decline. Just keeping you honest concord27... Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

I feel your pain Rico. We know what the Lakers are getting ready to go through. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Celtics fans make him seem like Randy Pfund.  I have reservations, but he was an assistant under Popo[b]ich, so maybe he learned something.  If true, I think he'll be better than Dunleavy was after Riley.  Nobody can replace the GOAT (yes, talking about Phil), but at one time, Paul Westhead and Pat Riley were no-names, before their time as Lakers coaches. 
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

Here's your GOAT!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Brown the New Lakers Coach : I feel your pain Rico. We know what the Lakers are getting ready to go through. 
    Posted by jtkl

The Lakers bought themselves someone to tide them over until they start going through the lottery cycle....... unfortunately the Cs are looking in the same mirror that the Lakers are looking in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

This is Mike, the Brown GOAT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Mike Brown is a dope. Good luck with that. Hahahahahaha!!!!! The goat in Tachometix post could do a better job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

RUworthy, You can not give an experience team to first year coach Like Brian Shaw.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Pat Riley was a first year coach, Buss pulled him out of the broadcasting booth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The spectacular Mike Brown coming to the Lakers.  Well Laker fans you did it again.  I see multiple playoffs appearances for this great new coach.  I think a sixth or seventh seed looks just right the next few years .  Most likely the exits will be even earlier next year, but you got a real stud for a coach ask Lebron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

I'm sure you all just beamed at Doc Rivers track record in Orlando when Boston hired him.  Is Mike Brown an upper echelon coach?  No, at least not now, but neither were Westhead or Riley when they first stepped in.  Brown's "coach of the year" award was comical.  But, considering the choices available, it's not a bad choice for now.  As much as I like Adelman, the Lakers don't need a "players coach" that doesn't focus on defense.  Nor do they need a "my way or the highway" coach like Larry Brown or Jeff Van Gundy.  Who else?  I certainly like Mike Brown better that Dunleavy.  Better than Shaw?  I don't know, but the point is there was no clear choice at this time.  The last 20 titles belong to 6 coahces (Phil Jackson, Poppa-bich, Rudy T, Larry Brown, Pat Riley and Doc).  Only 2 of those 6 are still coaching, and they were not available.  After a couple more disappointments in Orlando, maybe Stan VG will follow Dwight to L.A.  In the meantime, Brown is as good a choice as any.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

I'm sure you all just beamed at Doc Rivers track record in Orlando when Boston hired him.  Is Mike Brown an upper echelon coach?  No, at least not now, but neither were Westhead or Riley when they first stepped in.  Brown's "coach of the year" award was comical.  But, considering the choices available, it's not a bad choice for now.  As much as I like Adelman, the Lakers don't need a "players coach" that doesn't focus on defense.  Nor do they need a "my way or the highway" coach like Larry Brown or Jeff Van Gundy.  Who else?  I certainly like Mike Brown better that Dunleavy.  Better than Shaw?  I don't know, but the point is there was no clear choice at this time.  The last 20 titles belong to 6 coahces (Phil Jackson, Poppa-bich, Rudy T, Larry Brown, Pat Riley and Doc).  Only 2 of those 6 are still coaching, and they were not available.  After a couple more disappointments in Orlando, maybe Stan VG will follow Dwight to L.A.  In the meantime, Brown is as good a choice as any.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

ROFL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Its not like the Lakers will be winning another title anytime soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to ask this question......I know (Los Angeles) Laker fans are proud of the 16 titles, 5 of which came in another time and in another city....and rightfully so....IT'S THE SAME FRANCHISE!!!  .....but this obsession with Phil being the all time winningest coach (championships) and comparing his titles to Red's and all....I mean....you guys do know that you are claiming  6 (of his 11) titles he won not only in another city....but for ANOTHER FRANCHISE...?

What gives...............?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

We don't claim all his accomplishments, but we're glad that 5 of his 11 titles came in L.A.  Many Cs fans are so definitive on the #1 franchise argument going to the Celtics based simply on number of titles being 17-16, but yet when that number is in favor of Phil 11-9 over Red, it's suddenly less relevant?  So, when is having more titles relevant?  Only when it suits you (not you personally, but Cs fans in general)? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I have to ask this question......I know (Los Angeles) Laker fans are proud of the 16 titles, 5 of which came in another time and in another city....and rightfully so....IT'S THE SAME FRANCHISE!!!  .....but this obsession with Phil being the all time winningest coach (championships) and comparing his titles to Red's and all....I mean....you guys do know that you are claiming  6 (of his 11) titles he won not only in another city....but for ANOTHER FRANCHISE...? What gives...............?
    Posted by Duke4

Phil's a great coach, but he only coaches teams that are ready to win a championship.  He never developed a team nor coached a team that's not championship calibre.  That's ok....that's his game.  But, I can't respect him for that.  Unlike Red, Doc, Pop, Sloan, Holzman, Daly, or any of the great coaches, Phil doesn't take on all challenges.   He quit when Jordan left.  He quit when Shaq left, and only came back to LA when they got a good team.  Quitter!!

As for Mike Brown, he's not as bad as people think.  He's a horrible offensive coach but he has a great set of offensive players so they'll do ok offensively without much from him.  He will, however, teach them better defense and they have the height/tools to do that.   He'll do ok (they will win the West, they'll go to the playoffs, and they'll challenge for the West title but no win) and then when Kobe and Artest are too old, he will be fired.

Predictable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

The spectacular Mike Brown coming to the Lakers.  Well Laker fans you did it again.
    Posted by concord27

I didn't know the fans were involved in picking Brown as coach.  In fact, if you read the LA Times, most fans are AGAINST this hiring.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

I can't help but be amused that people create accounts to pretend they are Celtics fans.
    Posted by tompenny

i find it pitiful actually. i dont even try to read the posts of that ricoceltics guy anymore, it's a good thing he uses that avatar, at least you know immediately to skip it. can you imagine what kind of life that guy has away from the keyboard? lol

anyways, it'll be interesting to see kobe play for brown. most people are shocked, but who knows, he just might be a good fit for the lakers. brown loves playing iso-dribble-pullups so kobe should be thrilled. we will see next season..

Sections
Shortcuts