Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill.

I'm not one to float trade rumours or propose trades that are not necessary, but during the Ask Tommy & Mike segment on the Celtic's Pre-Game Show, they were asked about the C's maybe looking for reinforcements in light of the Marquis Daniels situation, and Mike said, and here I paraphrase, I have no inside information, have not spoken with Danny or Doc, but I have two words to say, Grant Hill.

Hill has played in 48 out of 50 games this season and is averaging 14 pts and 30 min. per game.  During his resurgence from his well documented, career altering injuries he played in 70 straight games before missing a couple a month or so ago.

Grant Hill would make a great Celtic, but given his age and injury history we'd be rolling the dice on another aging veteran. But, Man, would he make a nice backup for Paul coming off the bench, and he'd be playing far fewer minutes with the C's.  Phoenix is 25 - 25 and seemingly going nowhere the way the West is stacked.

Intriguing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill.

I believe I am in the minority. I am against getting him. 38 yrs old and previous injury history are my reasons against acquiring him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I on the other hand, have been trying to get Bias, i mean Danny, to go after this guy!!  He would solve a lot of our problems!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill.:
    [QUOTE]I believe I am in the minority. I am against getting him. 38 yrs old and previous injury history are my reasons against acquiring him.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Let me preface my comments by saying I don't think there will be any trades.... but the Cs are not building for the future.

The window is slamming shut over the next couple of years at which point Danny will take his heart problems and ride off into the sunset and play golf and watch his children / grandchildren go through their lives.  Ditto for BB when Brady goes.

That said, not sure they want to have the two oldest players in the league on the same roster either.

What they do want is to have health going into the playoffs. 

There are a few issues that I think are to some degree viewed somewhat incorrectly....

it goes something like this......

the Bostonfan mindset is that if Perk was not hurt they would have won game 7, there are those that think that if Bynum was anything near 100% there would have been no game 6 or game 7......

that said.... the Boston fan mindset was / is that the Lakers size is what cost the Cs the title last year (those that don't think it was the Lakers size of course believe it was the refs and David Stern).

The reality is the Lakers ignored Rondo throughout the series and Doc said after the series that Rondo's inability to shoot cost them in the playoffs, the nationals guys routinely said "if Rondo could start making those shots blah blah blah".... the other guy responds "there is a reason he is open for those shots".....

Bynum was nowhere 100% and Rondo could not hit the floor if he dropped the ball and shot a record 26% from the line.

Danny panicked after Perk got hurt and way overpaid for J O'N but got Shaq as a bargain.  It was apparent after the Miami series that J O'N had nothing left but Danny lapped him anyway.

What this all results in is we all have our fingers crossed that Shaq, J O'N, Perk, and Semih can be healthy for the playoffs because the fundamental problem in the playoffs last year was not addressed.....  RONDO BEING THE WORST SHOOTER IN THE LEAGUE and the Lakers sagging in the paint, ignoring Rondo, and taking one of the best Cs out of the game by doubling off Rondo.

Nobody could believe how Ray could have 35 one game and then be a complete non-factor the rest of the series...... um... the Lakers decided that he was going to be a non-factor......

Let's all cross our fingers that they are healthy.  We can watch D West finish games and actually be guarded and even while being guarded, finish, make jumpers, make 3s and make his freebies and Rondo can sit on the bench with a towel over his head sulking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

hill was the talk of the town last summer and i thought the book on him was that he did not want to come to boston (to contend) because he wouldn't be a starter any longer.  small mind on big issue if that's true.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I wonder if the the racist Celtic hater DUDDER knows that nobody bothers to read his posts, they are the same tired drivel at all times

As for Hill, he'd be worth Daniels and a 2nd rd pick in a trade... PHX should be nice enough to do that for us and him... we gave them Walter for a 2nd rd 6 years ago and Grant deserves a title shot.

Marquis can be bought out and rejoin the team in 30 days, he'd be out injured that entire time anyhow... if he is healthy and if Hill gets hurt maybe 'Quis would be helpful in the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Welcome back Rajon Rondowski, haven't seen you posting lately.

I live in Phoenix and from what I hear , Grant Hill loves living here, his family loves it here, and he wants to retire a Sun. This is not inside info, just what I've heard a hundred times on local Phoenix talk radio.

The winters are beautiful here in PHX and it's easy living , easy to get around, easy to lay low, easy to shop, easy to park, ect.

From what I hear, Grant Hill is content here and his family is happy.

I'd love to see him in green , but I'd be shocked if Grant Hill accepted a trade anywhere.

Sorry, but that's the word in PHX

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Weird that such a class guy would put those things over spending just 4 months of the remaining 40 years of his life with a team who could really need him to help win a championship... something that has eluded him for 18 years

Ah well, I guess he reached the top at Duke in '92 and never felt like being a winner in his profession again... crazy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Suns are a .500 team again. I don't know if they're going to trade Hill if they're going to make a push for the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

QUOTE]Welcome back Rajon Rondowski, haven't seen you posting lately. I live in Phoenix and from what I hear , Grant Hill loves living here, his family loves it here, and he wants to retire a Sun. This is not inside info, just what I've heard a hundred times on local Phoenix talk radio. The winters are beautiful here in PHX and it's easy living , easy to get around, easy to lay low, easy to shop, easy to park, ect. From what I hear, Grant Hill is content here and his family is happy. I'd love to see him in green , but I'd be shocked if Grant Hill accepted a trade anywhere. Sorry, but that's the word in PHX

Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

-

Hi, Man.

I know for a fact that everything you wrote is true.  That is what puzzled me when I heard Gorman's comment.  Still, Mike G. always has his ear to the ground and travels with the team and is close to reliable sources.  Maybe he knows what they are thinking.  Don't underestimate the hard sell the C's can put on when it come to recruiting, i.e., Sheed and P.J. Brown. 

Does Hill have a no trade clause?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill. : actually he didn't want to come here because he didn't want to move his family as they are settled in Phoenix and he didn't want to be living away from them for an entire season so if being a great father is a crime rather than trying for a title then he is guilty as charged.  maybe he would accept a trade now for just 4 months left in a season for a shot but if he didn't I would respect it.  Family first!

Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

-

Things change, and we dont know how Grant feels about a trade at this point.  I t might be hard for him to resist the chance to come here for 4 months and get a legit shot at a title and play for such a great team.

Despite the Suns playoff hopes, if they get in they won't go very far, that's pretty much assured given the competition in the West. 

I think he would seriously consider the move if it could be arranged.  After the playoffs he could go back to Phoenix and enjoy the good life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Nash to NY or NJ is more likely than Grant Hill to Boston.

That's the buzz from round here.......and as long as we're on the subject of "round here" , let it be known that Martin Gortat is the best center in the history of the Phoenix Suns. Dude has skills. The wrong Lopez brother is no longer considered a starting center building block...

Watching the Celtics vs Lakers last night .......Rondo is quite the enigma, isn't he ??????????????????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Nash to NY or NJ is more likely than Grant Hill to Boston. That's the buzz from round here.......and as long as we're on the subject of "round here" , let it be known that Martin Gortat is the best center in the history of the Phoenix Suns. Dude has skills. The wrong Lopez brother is no longer considered a starting center building block... Watching the Celtics vs Lakers last night .......Rondo is quite the enigma, isn't he ??????????????????
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

True!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would be fine with Hill. Doc knows him from their Orlando days. He would be a good fit.

How do you get him?? I think at this point with all the injuries to get the impact player we need and not just a healthy body the C"s need to forfeit the #1 pick. It's not alot but the C's are working from a position of strength.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill. : Let me preface my comments by saying I don't think there will be any trades.... but the Cs are not building for the future. The window is slamming shut over the next couple of years at which point Danny will take his heart problems and ride off into the sunset and play golf and watch his children / grandchildren go through their lives.  Ditto for BB when Brady goes. That said, not sure they want to have the two oldest players in the league on the same roster either. What they do want is to have health going into the playoffs.  There are a few issues that I think are to some degree viewed somewhat incorrectly.... it goes something like this...... the Bostonfan mindset is that if Perk was not hurt they would have won game 7, there are those that think that if Bynum was anything near 100% there would have been no game 6 or game 7...... that said.... the Boston fan mindset was / is that the Lakers size is what cost the Cs the title last year (those that don't think it was the Lakers size of course believe it was the refs and David Stern). The reality is the Lakers ignored Rondo throughout the series and Doc said after the series that Rondo's inability to shoot cost them in the playoffs, the nationals guys routinely said "if Rondo could start making those shots blah blah blah".... the other guy responds "there is a reason he is open for those shots"..... Bynum was nowhere 100% and Rondo could not hit the floor if he dropped the ball and shot a record 26% from the line. Danny panicked after Perk got hurt and way overpaid for J O'N but got Shaq as a bargain.  It was apparent after the Miami series that J O'N had nothing left but Danny lapped him anyway. What this all results in is we all have our fingers crossed that Shaq, J O'N, Perk, and Semih can be healthy for the playoffs because the fundamental problem in the playoffs last year was not addressed.....  RONDO BEING THE WORST SHOOTER IN THE LEAGUE and the Lakers sagging in the paint, ignoring Rondo, and taking one of the best Cs out of the game by doubling off Rondo. Nobody could believe how Ray could have 35 one game and then be a complete non-factor the rest of the series...... um... the Lakers decided that he was going to be a non-factor...... Let's all cross our fingers that they are healthy.  We can watch D West finish games and actually be guarded and even while being guarded, finish, make jumpers, make 3s and make his freebies and Rondo can sit on the bench with a towel over his head sulking.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    I enjoy your columns. Would you trade for Hill or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill.:I love this guy!
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Gorman's 2 Words: Grant Hill. : Let me preface my comments by saying I don't think there will be any trades.... but the Cs are not building for the future. The window is slamming shut over the next couple of years at which point Danny will take his heart problems and ride off into the sunset and play golf and watch his children / grandchildren go through their lives.  Ditto for BB when Brady goes. That said, not sure they want to have the two oldest players in the league on the same roster either. What they do want is to have health going into the playoffs.  There are a few issues that I think are to some degree viewed somewhat incorrectly.... it goes something like this...... the Bostonfan mindset is that if Perk was not hurt they would have won game 7, there are those that think that if Bynum was anything near 100% there would have been no game 6 or game 7...... that said.... the Boston fan mindset was / is that the Lakers size is what cost the Cs the title last year (those that don't think it was the Lakers size of course believe it was the refs and David Stern). The reality is the Lakers ignored Rondo throughout the series and Doc said after the series that Rondo's inability to shoot cost them in the playoffs, the nationals guys routinely said "if Rondo could start making those shots blah blah blah".... the other guy responds "there is a reason he is open for those shots"..... Bynum was nowhere 100% and Rondo could not hit the floor if he dropped the ball and shot a record 26% from the line. Danny panicked after Perk got hurt and way overpaid for J O'N but got Shaq as a bargain.  It was apparent after the Miami series that J O'N had nothing left but Danny lapped him anyway. What this all results in is we all have our fingers crossed that Shaq, J O'N, Perk, and Semih can be healthy for the playoffs because the fundamental problem in the playoffs last year was not addressed.....  RONDO BEING THE WORST SHOOTER IN THE LEAGUE and the Lakers sagging in the paint, ignoring Rondo, and taking one of the best Cs out of the game by doubling off Rondo. Nobody could believe how Ray could have 35 one game and then be a complete non-factor the rest of the series...... um... the Lakers decided that he was going to be a non-factor...... Let's all cross our fingers that they are healthy.  We can watch D West finish games and actually be guarded and even while being guarded, finish, make jumpers, make 3s and make his freebies and Rondo can sit on the bench with a towel over his head sulking.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts