Mikhail Pietrus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Mikhail Pietrus

credit to MichBelgium for the idea

My new favorite trade target:
    -good defense
    -good 3pt shooting
    -matches up well with likely playoff oppenents (Wade, 'Bron, Kobe, Durant) and wins matchups against other opponents (Korver & change off the Bulls' bench, Ginobli)
    -played off the bench for most of his career in Orlando
    -could be a part of the future if re-signed

Is it possible?  What could we give up?  Does Phoenix know that it isn't going anywhere in the West as constituted?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Mikhail Pietrus

I'd see him for the short run. Not so sure if he has still got more to offer. But true I like him when he was in Orlando. It was their best defender (besides howard). We could trade him for nate robinson... It might be a risk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Am I missing something? Pietrus was terrific playing for Orlando two years ago.

His game still has to be in tact.  My guess is if he is available he will be desired by other teams as well. Good suggestion.  I hope the Celtics look into this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think with no response here most of the posters don't think much of Pietrus or know who he is.  Pietrus was very good. I don't know his salary so that also might be the problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Mikhail Pietrus:
    I think with no response here most of the posters don't think much of Pietrus or know who he is.  Pietrus was very good. I don't know his salary so that also might be the problem.
    Posted by concord27

Salary is $5mil & change... so not too big of a deal.  I'd send Semih Erden and maybe another body along with Jermaine O'Neal (~$5mil/yr) for him

Apparently Gerald Wallace is indeed available, and I'd love him if he was willing to play 20-30 off the bench spelling Allen and Pierce while shutting down the opponent's best scorer: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25264/cavaliers-interested-in-gerald-wallace

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Yes, I definitely liked him when he was in orlando.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2173/mickael-pietrus

playing 20mins/game and shooting at 38.9% from 3pt

nothing else spectacular, but there's no stat for contested jumpers or staying in front of your man.  I'd like him if the Celtics can get him and the Suns are sellers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

He has absolutely no court sense and disrupts team symetry and execution.(remember Gerald Green ??)

Watched him alot when with the Warriors and his game hasn't changed.  His 7 pts and virtually 0 assists in 22 mpg with Orlando weren't stellar and We aren't Orlando.  He is the wrong guy for the Celtics.  AVOID.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Mikhail Pietrus:
    He has absolutely no court sense and disrupts team symetry and execution.(remember Gerald Green ??) Watched him alot when with the Warriors and his game hasn't changed.  His 7 pts and virtually 0 assists in 22 mpg with Orlando weren't stellar and We aren't Orlando.  He is the wrong guy for the Celtics.  AVOID.  
    Posted by Eldunker

Really?  I look at him and wonder how he couldn't possibly be James Posey II

So park his a*s*s in a corner and have him spot up for 3's at his 39% clip and let him play his lockdown defense... but no, I don't know him beyond what he did burying daggers during Orlando's Finals run

Sections
Shortcuts