MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,POPOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,POPOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DOES HE ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE CELTICS,HE NEEDS TO MIND HIS OWN BUSINESS,KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT,WORRY ABOUT HIS OWN  TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,POPOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pops has a bad case of misdirected anger because his Spurs got bounced in the 1st round.  Kinda obvious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Mercury Morris disease

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It was definitely very unnecessary for him to make any comments about the Celtics. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I kind of agree with him though. Bringing rondo back into the game with that injury did anything but help the Celtics. Doc should have had the balls to sit him and go with Arroyo/West or even Bradley. As someone said in the forum: good thing he didn't hurt his shooting hand! LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,POPOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    I kind of agree with him though. Bringing rondo back into the game with that injury did anything but help the Celtics. Doc should have had the balls to sit him and go with Arroyo/West or even Bradley. As someone said in the forum: good thing he didn't hurt his shooting hand! LOL
    Posted by celticsfanmx

Rondo played poorly in the first two games.  They were ahead when he got hurt and they were ahead when he came back into the game.  The game was not in doubt and he added nothing when he came back.

It was me that said it was a good thing it was not his shooting arm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I have to disagree. Psycologically he did help the celts when he came back and stole the ball from bosh and tried to defend after the injury. After that, however, he only screwed us up the next two games! And doc allowed it to happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo injury was a dislocated elbow when Ginobli's was a sprained elbow. There is no comparison regarding the severity of the injury. Pops is supposed to be a close friend of Doc's and I was surprised he made so much of it.  Rondo never complained and said he was  fine even after returning to the game after the injury.

The guy was really hurt and never should have even been out there.  Still he was very gutty and a comment like that was really nonsense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,POPOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    WHY DOES HE ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE CELTICS,HE NEEDS TO MIND HIS OWN BUSINESS,KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT,WORRY ABOUT HIS OWN  TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by okdude73401

Link?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,POPOVICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Link?
    Posted by icnd

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Yeah, I thought he was a LOT classier than that.  A sprain is approaching a dislocation but it's not the same thing.  And Rondo's injury occured on national television.  Like it or not, when you're on that kind of stage you get more attention.  That's just human nature.  I agree with the poster who said this is a case of misdirected anger.  It was also extremely immature and petty.  Say your own guy should have gotten more credit if you will, but don't knock someone who had the courage to play later in the game through what most people thought would be a season-ending injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

"Class"  Such a misused and misunderstood word.  Class died with chivalry decades ago, so I personally do not know if anyone truly holds a high degree of class, but POP does hold truthfulness as he expressed his feelings.  That was real.  Is being classy not saying what is really on your mind, so people who are on the outside(like us) feel they acted in a 'classy' way?  Not sure if people on this forum have 'class'.  I feel class is now deprived into being scared to say what you really mean,  or not so sure how the public will perceive your own comments. Class is just like anyting else, perception.   Class might as well be 'holding back"?  I'd say the Celtics not shaking hands with the Heat would be sorta classless, but I wouldn't shake hands either with the opponent that may have just stopped my last chance at winning the most important goal I set in my life. 

Not saying POP was right or wrong, but 'class' is not that right word you're all looking for.  I believe 'irrational' would be more fitting as he spoke about something that really did not involve him, but he may feel Manu didn't get enough spot light.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It's small potatoes, really, so I'm not going to make a big deal of it but I guess I just wasn't expecting that display of resentment from Pop towards any of the Celtics.  Really.  I would rather have people say what they think than hold back.  But I certainly don't take your very cynical attitude that people can't be honest and gracious at the same time.  And by the way, I have no problem with the Celtics not shaking hands with the Heat, not because that was their "last chance" because I don't think it was... but because of all the mouthing off from the Heat all season right into the series.  Those hugs from the Heat players were nothing short of hypocritical.  I'm not sure what I would have done had I been one of the Celtics involved.  But what they did was predictable given the most of the Heat's conduct all year.  For Pop, I just didn't see it coming.  I would have expected him to defend and play up Manu, not focus so much energy on complaining about the attention to Rondo.  But no big deal, he's a human being.  He, like us, just saw a potential championship run get derailed due to injuries and age.  Misdirected as he was, I never said he had no right to be angry.

EDIT - Sorry if any of this came off harsh, but that's just me expressing MY true feelings.  I, like all of us, am a work in progress when it comes to developing an ideal level of class.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

"Class"  Such a misused and misunderstood word.  Class died with chivalry decades ago, so I personally do not know if anyone truly holds a high degree of class, but POP does hold truthfulness as he expressed his feelings.  That was real.  Is being classy not saying what is really on your mind, so people who are on the outside(like us) feel they acted in a 'classy' way?  Not sure if people on this forum have 'class'.  I feel class is now deprived into being scared to say what you really mean,  or not so sure how the public will perceive your own comments. Class is just like anyting else, perception.   Class might as well be 'holding back"?  I'd say the Celtics not shaking hands with the Heat would be sorta classless, but I wouldn't shake hands either with the opponent that may have just stopped my last chance at winning the most important goal I set in my life.  Not saying POP was right or wrong, but 'class' is not that right word you're all looking for.  I believe 'irrational' would be more fitting as he spoke about something that really did not involve him, but he may feel Manu didn't get enough spot light.  
    Posted by Getzo

Class could be the correct word if you look at the definition of words within the context of sports versus what they mean in the real world.

Here are a few examples:

Professional - in the real world it means someone who works hard, intelligent, well-respected, knows how to get the job done, etc.

In sports it means no longer AMATEUR because nothing about most professional athletes are what actual professionals would call professional.

Great - in the real world it means something substantially better than average or good.

In sports it means, you are in sports.  So and so is a great player - wow you mean he averages 6 minutes per game, waives a towel, averages 3 points, 2 boards, 5 turnovers, and 6 fouls - yeah he is great.....  Andrey Blatche was arrested for sexual assault or something and the headline was NBA STAR ARRESTED blah blah blah... I had to read the article because based on the headline I would have thought D Howard, D Rose, or someone like that had been arrested - I think at the time Blatche was the guy that maintained the stat line above.

and my favorite......

Class - in sports it means getting through the career without getting arrested....  so and so handles everything with such class... then is in the headlines the next day - he just tried to kill his wife......  total class.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

"And by the way, I have no problem with the Celtics not shaking hands with the Heat, not because that was their "last chance" because I don't think it was... but because of all the mouthing off from the Heat all season right into the series."  - Some may have a problem with this statement as being classless.

This is exactly why we should not use the word ''class", it's only to the person's perception of the word.

" But I certainly don't take your very cynical attitude that people can't be honest and gracious at the same time"
    -I didnt't either, just saying sometimes people hide.  Not that you do, but that might be perceived as class rather than truth. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

"And by the way, I have no problem with the Celtics not shaking hands with the Heat, not because that was their "last chance" because I don't think it was... but because of all the mouthing off from the Heat all season right into the series."  - Some may have a problem with this statement as being classless. This is exactly why we should not use the word ''class", it's only to the person's perception of the word.

" But I certainly don't take your very cynical attitude that people can't be honest and gracious at the same time" -I didnt't either, just saying sometimes people hide.  Not that you do, but that might be perceived as class rather than truth. 
    Posted by Getzo

In regards to your 1st point... Oh, of course some people would.  I hope you don't... but it's ok if you do.  As I understand it, there were two Celtics who did shake the hands of the Heat players and I think they're better people than most of us here for that.  My issue is with people paying more attention to that now than to the arrogant attitudes and statements from the Heat players which had been coming out since last July.  But to each his own.

As for your 2nd... Fair enough.  I agree with you there.

And I'll stop here because I don't want to make a big deal of a frustrated statement made by a coach whose team got screwed by injuries.  Because if any team's fans can relate to what he's going through, it's us. 

Peace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Sour grapes...

Reed made 2 uncontested shots when Chamberlain backed off him in the games opening minute. Because it was NYC they made a big deal of it. He didn't play anymore. They won one and all the press was saying that they were the greatest team ever. Holtzman was a genius, How inspiratational Reed was, Phil Jackson was so tough, etc....

New York baloney.

The Celtics were the greatest team ever, Auerbach was the genius, Reed wasn't even in the same zip code as Russell, and Dave Cowens bounced Jackson like a rubber ball every time they met.

Rondo was called and answered. That Reed stuff is baloney.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Sour grapes... Reed made 2 uncontested shots when Chamberlain backed off him in the games opening minute. Because it was NYC they made a big deal of it. He didn't play anymore. They won one and all the press was saying that they were the greatest team ever. Holtzman was a genius, How inspiratational Reed was, Phil Jackson was so tough, etc.... New York baloney. The Celtics were the greatest team ever, Auerbach was the genius, Reed wasn't even in the same zip code as Russell, and Dave Cowens bounced Jackson like a rubber ball every time they met. Rondo was called and answered. That Reed stuff is baloney.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

I know Walt Frazier had 36 ponts or so but Willis Reed with 4 points won the game.LOL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sour grapes... Reed made 2 uncontested shots when Chamberlain backed off him in the games opening minute. Because it was NYC they made a big deal of it. He didn't play anymore. They won one and all the press was saying that they were the greatest team ever. Holtzman was a genius, How inspiratational Reed was, Phil Jackson was so tough, etc.... New York baloney. The Celtics were the greatest team ever, Auerbach was the genius, Reed wasn't even in the same zip code as Russell, and Dave Cowens bounced Jackson like a rubber ball every time they met. Rondo was called and answered. That Reed stuff is baloney.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

Agreed... FYI Jackson was a bench player... an akward one at that.

Reeds moment was special... suped up the crowd and when he hit his 2 jumpers, it was motivating.. I also agree that when he took a seat, that should have been the end of it... and youre right, the NY media fawned all over it and made him a legend.  

But thats NY... they prob still think that NY team was the greatest ever... as they think their 73 team had the greatest backcourt in history..    Now some like Pop want to degrade ROndo's return in game 3 like he planned the injury and wanted to be made a hero.  GIve the kid credit.. I dont kow what kind of pain or handicap he had... but as far as Im concerned, just having to watch his elbow snap backwards was enough for me..  and he came back the same game, finsihed it and actually played his best ball then..

After that, ROndo was useless and DOc shoulda put down his pom poms and yanked ROndo out. Another big mistake imo... especially game 5, where West was playing well and Rondo  useless... yet after 3 qtr's, Rondo logged 27 mins and DWEST only 7.

Sections
Shortcuts