Minny Wants P.Gasol, Heat Want Kaman

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Minny Wants P.Gasol, Heat Want Kaman

In Response to Re: Minny Wants P.Gasol, Heat Want Kaman:
    [QUOTE]Come on, Mr. Ainge, if the Heat get Chris Kaman it's game over for the rest of the NBA.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I still really dislike Miami, but they would be an even better team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Come on, Mr. Ainge, if the Heat get Chris Kaman it's game over for the rest of the NBA.
    Who do we give to get Kamen?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I speculated about DA holding off due to this road trip, but if Kamen or Gortat can be had they should move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I would be so upset if miami gets kaman and we dont do a thing..JO should step out period

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]I speculated about DA holding off due to this road trip, but if Kamen or Gortat can be had they should move.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I doubt Gortat will be moved. Guy is playing decent ball

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Minny Wants P.Gasol, Heat Want Kaman : So true. I mean when it comes to tradable assets, the Celts clearly have more compared to the Heat!
    exactly..i like the jennings idea, makes sense, jennings and rondo could benefit from a change of scenery...i liked watching Rondo Wilcox tandem but that wont cut it..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this separately...good copy & paste here, I think, especially since this discussion deals with acquiring a BIG MAN which is our biggest need. We don't really need a new PG, it's just that he's our best trade bait !!!

Rondo is a fantastic athlete & I believe he would have excelled at tennis, soccer etc. and could win a decathlon. No question he was amazing the past 2 games scoring 31 and 35 points. Yet there have been various Rondo bashing posts.  Even last night there were complaints that in the last few minutes he couldn’t score.  Had Rondo got another 5 points or so for 40+, we still would have lost.  In the 1st 3qtrs except for a couple  of non driving to the basket shots, he amazingly like AVATAR scored on layups. He’s as good as any PG driving to the basket also as good as any in finding an open man. He’s probably the best rebounding PG !!!  But in the crunch time last few minutes of a close game the defenders dare him to shoot from outside leaving him open. With an extra defender, Pierce and Allen were thus double teamed frequently.

If we weren't so desperate for a big man, I doubt there would be Rondo trade talks and I do not believe anybody is talking about a simple trade of PGs. If we were,   I wouldn't let him go unless it were Rose, Monta Ellis, Paul, Deron Williams and maybe Lin etc. !!!  Unfortunately he is our most valuable commodity for trade bait to obtain a vitally needed premier big man, Gasol, Gortat or Kaman. If there was anyway to get even Kaman, who I feel is the 3rd best of the aforementioned three, by trading Ray Allen, and I’ve loved him, JO, some others and draft picks and to keep Rondo I would love this. But if not, we’d need use Bradley/Moore etc. as PGs until we could pick one up in the draft. I do not know if we would have won if KG were in this game but our defense would definitely have been better but we need someone, not JO, in addition to KG if we are to go deep in the playoffs this year.

PS…I live in SF Bay area & go to GS Warrior games & watch on TV. Was enjoyable after Celtics game watching our old friend 5’9", hmmm, he’s only 27, Nate Robinson, who is playing for the veteran's minimum score 21 points in only 21 minutes.  He has been invaluable coming off the bench. Maybe because they have super star Monta Ellis demanding more attention that Nate gets open looks but I’d been happy to see him on Boston’s bench these days.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and who can the Heat trade for Kaman?

they can't come close to matching contracts and new orleans's doesn't want mike miller and joel anthony anyhow, they have 3 more years left at like almost 30 million combined

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]and who can the Heat trade for Kaman? they can't come close to matching contracts and new orleans's doesn't want mike miller and joel anthony anyhow, they have 3 more years left at like almost 30 million combined
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

They are hoping he's bought out by the Hornets.  But......I don't think that makes a lot of sense for them, does anyone else?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Judging by the stance of Stern in regards to CP3, I expect nothing but young talent and draft picks for Kaman - neither of which the Heat have to offer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]I posted this separately...good copy & paste here, I think, especially since this discussion deals with acquiring a BIG MAN which is our biggest need. We don't really need a new PG, it's just that he's our best trade bait !!!   Rondo is a fantastic athlete & I believe he would have excelled at tennis, soccer etc. and could win a decathlon. No question he was amazing the past 2 games scoring 31 and 35 points. Yet there have been various Rondo bashing posts.  Even last night there were complaints that in the last few minutes he couldn’t score.  Had Rondo got another 5 points or so for 40+, we still would have lost.  In the 1st 3qtrs except for a couple  of non driving to the basket shots, he amazingly like AVATAR scored on layups. He’s as good as any PG driving to the basket also as good as any in finding an open man. He’s probably the best rebounding PG !!!  But in the crunch time last few minutes of a close game the defenders dare him to shoot from outside leaving him open. With an extra defender, Pierce and Allen were thus double teamed frequently. If we weren't so desperate for a big man, I doubt there would be Rondo trade talks and I do not believe anybody is talking about a simple trade of PGs. If we were,   I wouldn't let him go unless it were Rose, Monta Ellis, Paul, Deron Williams and maybe Lin etc. !!!  Unfortunately he is our most valuable commodity for trade bait to obtain a vitally needed premier big man, Gasol, Gortat or Kaman. If there was anyway to get even Kaman, who I feel is the 3rd best of the aforementioned three, by trading Ray Allen, and I’ve loved him, JO, some others and draft picks and to keep Rondo I would love this. But if not, we’d need use Bradley/Moore etc. as PGs until we could pick one up in the draft. I do not know if we would have won if KG were in this game but our defense would definitely have been better but we need someone, not JO, in addition to KG if we are to go deep in the playoffs this year. PS…I live in SF Bay area & go to GS Warrior games & watch on TV. Was enjoyable after Celtics game watching our old friend 5’9", hmmm, he’s only 27, Nate Robinson, who is playing for the veteran's minimum score 21 points in only 21 minutes.  He has been invaluable coming off the bench. Maybe because they have super star Monta Ellis demanding more attention that Nate gets open looks but I’d been happy to see him on Boston’s bench these days.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE] Teams are not willing to give up a top player for Rondo or he would already be gone. He is a near allstar and will be unless his foul shot and end of game shots improve.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Minny Wants P.Gasol, Heat Want Kaman : Teams are not willing to give up a top player for Rondo or he would already be gone. He is a near allstar and will be unless his foul shot and end of game shots improve.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

The fact that he is not gone already may have more to do with teams still holding out hope for DH, than it does them not wanting Rondo. He has value for the right team. The Lakers to me would be ideal. Kobe is the type of player Rondo needs to make him look good and vice-versa. Other teams, those that are rebuilding, may be interested in acquiring Rondo because he does have name recognition. He could excite their fan bases. Its all about the teams perspective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still like the Nash and Gortat move if we could somehow pull it off. I would even just take Gortat if we have to keep Rondo.

I wonder could JON, JJ and a 2nd get us Gortat?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I still like the Nash and Gortat move if we could somehow pull it off. I would even just take Gortat if we have to keep Rondo. I wonder could JON, JJ and a 2nd get us Gortat?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Getting a good big without even giving up Rondo? That would be a dream come true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Judging by what state the Hornets have been put in by Stern, he may well take KG and a hamburger for Kaman.

Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Judging by what state the Hornets have been put in by Stern, he may well take KG and a hamburger for Kaman.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous post - nice job!!

Got anything positive to add?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Supposedly Minnesota has wanted Gasol since before the season started...
    A straight up trade between LA and Minnesota doesn't work that great because one of the players that LA would probably want (Pekovic) is too similar of a player to Bynum. (Back to basket offensive player). Getting other teams/players involved would work better.

Here is an example of a 4 team trade that seems to be reasonable. I am sure not all would agree. There would be risks for all teams involved. What if Derrick Williams is another Thabeet/Milicic? Who would be Boston's pg? How badly does Minnesota want Gasol?

To Boston: Gortat, Pekovic, Childress (Phoenix gets out from Childress' contract)
    To LAL: Rondo, Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph
    To Phoenix: JON, R. Allen, LAL 2012 1st round pick
    To Minnesota: Gasol, Goudelock, Boston's 2012 1st round pick (via LAC)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]I still like the Nash and Gortat move if we could somehow pull it off. I would even just take Gortat if we have to keep Rondo. I wonder could JON, JJ and a 2nd get us Gortat?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

How about offering Ray Allen to get Gortat( and I have liked him and appreciate the contribution he has made to the Celtics)??? Also, I've liked seeing his pretty Mother in the stands. I'm a spetuagenarian so she's a young looking woman to me. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]Supposedly Minnesota has wanted Gasol since before the season started... A straight up trade between LA and Minnesota doesn't work that great because one of the players that LA would probably want (Pekovic) is too similar of a player to Bynum. (Back to basket offensive player). Getting other teams/players involved would work better. Here is an example of a 4 team trade that seems to be reasonable. I am sure not all would agree. There would be risks for all teams involved. What if Derrick Williams is another Thabeet/Milicic? Who would be Boston's pg? How badly does Minnesota want Gasol? To Boston: Gortat, Pekovic, Childress (Phoenix gets out from Childress' contract) To LAL: Rondo, Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph To Phoenix: JON, R. Allen, LAL 2012 1st round pick To Minnesota: Gasol, Goudelock, Boston's 2012 1st round pick (via LAC)
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Why, oh why would Boston have any interest in making LA a better team? Even if they fill a need, they also lose what they have, and the Lakers get more than they give? Pul-ease. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Judging by the stance of Stern in regards to CP3, I expect nothing but young talent and draft picks for Kaman - neither of which the Heat have to offer.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

It would be a very poor move for the league if they are nixing moves to send Paul to the Lakers b/c of 'fairness' and 'competitive balance' and all that jive... only to buyour Kaman, rather than pay him what, 6-7-800k the rest of the season... so he can walk over to the Heat. That is bush league BS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Now Gasol to the T'Wolves is exactly the kind of move this league needs...

An established veteran all-star, VERY well paid going to a small market team that has a couple exciting young players but needs that playoff tested #1 offensive option.

he and his bro are the two best players in Spain and Rubio is 3rd, so having them on the same team also creates interest and excitemeny

Sections
Shortcuts