Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

First, many on here are assuming that CP3 will leave the Clips if Doc doesn't sign.  That is pure speculation and probably innacurrate.  I'm sure the Clips know what CP3 prefers and he may be pulling for Brian Shaw for all we know.  

Second, the Celtics aren't the only team that the Clips can pursue with Jordan, Butler and maybe even Bledsoe for the right deal.  I'm sure they would prefer a C/PF who has younger legs than Garnett.

Third, Garnett for Jordan straight up is a fair deal, maybe better for the Celts, since Garnett only has one year left in his career and Jordan is a young, serviceable starter and still has some upside. Doc IS NOT worth 2 first round picks.    

BTW - Danny won't terminate Doc and eat his contract.  Doc will need to return but if he walks, the contract is invalidaded and the Celts are not responsible for his remaining $21M.  Either way Danny wins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

troll

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

troll

Jerk

I like your posts and value your point of view.  You are wrong on Jordan though he stinks.  KG for one or two years is a much better choice.  His career could have come to a logical end.  You have liked Jordan for year but consider he would have been good with KG as at teammate and second round steal.  Jordan on a bad team would be useless.  He can't shoot, and has a real lack of basketball intelligence.  He is a role player at best.  I live in LA and have watched him closely.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I will not be surprised if Danny relents and agrees to trade Garnett and Doc for Jordan and 1 first round pick.  maybe he'll get a future second rounder.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

You are a troll! admit it...If Doc & KG are so indispensable for the Clips, economics 101 tells you you have to pay for it whether you think that KG and DOc are not that worthy, Clippers management obviously thinks so...are you Clippers management???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I will not be surprised if Danny relents and agrees to trade Garnett and Doc for Jordan and 1 first round pick.  maybe he'll get a future second rounder.    

AGREED.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

troll

Jerk

I like your posts and value your point of view.  You are wrong on Jordan though he stinks.  KG for one or two years is a much better choice.  His career could have come to a logical end.  You have liked Jordan for year but consider he would have been good with KG as at teammate and second round steal.  Jordan on a bad team would be useless.  He can't shoot, and has a real lack of basketball intelligence.  He is a role player at best.  I live in LA and have watched him closely.

I understand that Jordan is not a complete player, especially on offense, and that on a highly competitive team he would only be a good backup C, but he does play defense, block the middle and rebound.  I see him as filling a Perkins-like roll.  Not ideal, but we're not gonna get anything better for Garnett IMO.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

KG is better than Jordan for 1-2 more years as a talent and impactful player on the court. Considering they make equal cash, and KG's 2nd year is a team option the Clips can walk away from, KG has more value than Jordan.

Jordan only has more value than KG if we knew he would be resigned for like the 5 years at like the 7-8m a year he is worth after 2015, to be the rim defender/soul crushing dunker/10+ per game rebounder all teams would love to have, while boosting his FT's over 60%. Then we'd have him ages 27-31 on a young rebuilt team at reasonable cash. Only then is he worth more than the retired KG. No way is he worth more for 1 year, esp with CP3 all aboard with KG.

Same with Doc. He is easily worth two 1st rd picks in the 20's. Especially if it guarantees CP3. KG is probably even be worth one of those picks thrown in alone in the swap for Jordan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I agree with you that if they can turn Butler and Bledsoe into Danny Granger or Bledsoe and Crawford into Afflalo they will have improved on last years team and likely have a better coach.

I don't see them getting a better big for CP3 and one better paired with Griffin (spacing/defense/mentor) than KG would be by trading Jordan elsewhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You are a troll! admit it...If Doc & KG are so indispensable for the Clips, economics 101 tells you you have to pay for it whether you think that KG and DOc are not that worthy, Clippers management obviously thinks so...are you Clippers management???

First, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them a troll.  Otherwise YOU ARE A TROLL for disagreing with my post.  Grow up. 

Second. Your response makes no sense.  Are you on meds?  I clearly stated that Garnett and Doc are NOT indispensible to the Clips.  Clippers management agrees since THEY pulled out of the deal.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

First, many on here are assuming that CP3 will leave the Clips if Doc doesn't sign.  That is pure speculation and probably innacurrate.  I'm sure the Clips know what CP3 prefers and he may be pulling for Brian Shaw for all we know.  

Second, the Celtics aren't the only team that the Clips can pursue with Jordan, Butler and maybe even Bledsoe for the right deal.  I'm sure they would prefer a C/PF who has younger legs than Garnett.

Third, Garnett for Jordan straight up is a fair deal, maybe better for the Celts, since Garnett only has one year left in his career and Jordan is a young, serviceable starter and still has some upside. Doc IS NOT worth 2 first round picks.    

BTW - Danny won't terminate Doc and eat his contract.  Doc will need to return but if he walks, the contract is invalidaded and the Celts are not responsible for his remaining $21M.  Either way Danny wins.

I'll bite....

You're right. We don't know what CP3 wants, and we all know he's the real GM of that team anyway. But getting Doc would silence all of the talks about him leaving. I don't know if you get that same feeling if Shaw were to come on board.

DeAndre Jordan's contract is awful. $11 million for a guy with a limited offensive game and a terrible FT percentage. His upside is great under the right coaching, but would he get there? I don't want to eat up $11 mil of cap space on a question mark. That's why Bledsoe for me was the dagger in the whole thing. Once he was out, I was out.

Now, to your credit KG's contract isn't all that appealing either. Why would anyone want to take on a 37 y/o PF/C that plays away from the basket on offense.But it's an expiring deal for a guy that is a "culture changer" and still plays stellar defense. I think he'd be fine on a team with CP3, Blake, Crawford, etc. Rotations defensively would be easier for KG with Blake in the fold.

Again, it's more about pleasing CP3 than anything else. And it's been rumored that CP3 would embrace KG. Maybe it would toughen up Blake if they didn't flip him for Dwight (which wasn't happening). Rumor has it CP3 thinks Blake is soft. Again, this is all speculation.

To be honest though, I'm glad Danny didn't do this deal. If it were just Jordan and a 1st-rounder I'd say DA got hosed. I would have eventually warmed up to the 2 picks I guess, but Bledsoe for me was a deal-breaker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Let the Clippers go out there and find their own deal. The team they have constructed cannot beat OKC, SA or Memphis. So why would CP3 resign there without a shot at getting Howard.

If I'm CP3 I'm outta there. Hello Houston!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I like how you reference Economics 101 but based on your post don't seem to understand economics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Let the Clippers go out there and find their own deal. The team they have constructed cannot beat OKC, SA or Memphis. So why would CP3 resign there without a shot at getting Howard.

If I'm CP3 I'm outta there. Hello Houston!!

You may be right.  Although, an upgrade at the coaching position may influence Paul's decision.  Without Doc or another good coach agreeing to coach the Clippers Chris Paul won't resign with them.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

First, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them a troll.  Otherwise YOU ARE A TROLL for disagreing with my post.  Grow up. 

Second. Your response makes no sense.  Are you on meds?  I clearly stated that Garnett and Doc are NOT indispensible to the Clips.  Clippers management agrees since THEY pulled out of the deal.    

ACCORDING TO YOU KG and DOC are not indispensable...to you and only you!!! ...the clips think they need them to win the championship..that makes them indispensable for the clippers...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

and by the way, Boston doesnt need LA either!! Boston will go into rebuilding mode just as planned before this whole trading ideas went public...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think kg would be very valuable to the clips.  He would play mostly in crunch times or set plays in half court.  I can see why they want him.  The celts need guys who can play minutes.  The clips need closers who can plays smart and finish games.  Cp3 is one, but griffin is not. He's ok on the floor though as long as he doesn't have the ball except in scoring position.  Kg is a guy who can run an offense through the post.  Not to mention leadership.  I think if they could get pp too they would be legit.  They could afford to lose Bledsoe and just shore up the combo guard and center.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

KG is better than Jordan for 1-2 more years as a talent and impactful player on the court. Considering they make equal cash, and KG's 2nd year is a team option the Clips can walk away from, KG has more value than Jordan.

Jordan only has more value than KG if we knew he would be resigned for like the 5 years at like the 7-8m a year he is worth after 2015, to be the rim defender/soul crushing dunker/10+ per game rebounder all teams would love to have, while boosting his FT's over 60%. Then we'd have him ages 27-31 on a young rebuilt team at reasonable cash. Only then is he worth more than the retired KG. No way is he worth more for 1 year, esp with CP3 all aboard with KG.

Same with Doc. He is easily worth two 1st rd picks in the 20's. Especially if it guarantees CP3. KG is probably even be worth one of those picks thrown in alone in the swap for Jordan.

What did they get for assistant coach SVG?  I agree with your thoughts on this.  Can't understand why others don't see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Excellent post. Not only is KG better, now but he does something the clips bigs are terrible at. he spaces the floor.  The rumours I'm readingalso  likely have Paul Pierce ending up with the clips as well, albeit that is a riskier proposiition for the clips and things could go wrong. 

But still... if they get a haul of KG,  and Pierce (still a top five small forward) along with our coach and all we get back is an overpaid Jordan and a couple of very late round picks, (because that clips team is a title contender.) Then we have been royally screwed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Excellent post. Not only is KG better, now but he does something the clips bigs are terrible at. he spaces the floor.  The rumours I'm readingalso  likely have Paul Pierce ending up with the clips as well, albeit that is a riskier proposiition for the clips and things could go wrong. 

But still... if they get a haul of KG,  and Pierce (still a top five small forward) along with our coach and all we get back is an overpaid Jordan and a couple of very late round picks, (because that clips team is a title contender.) Then we have been royally screwed.

The clips fired their coach on Chris Paul's say so. You have to assume logically they are making  a run at his first choice.

I mean ifCP is willing to sign if you get Brian Shaw, you just get brian Shaw. You get him cheaper with no trades and no draft picks and he is easy to get rid of if he doesn't work out.

NO. CP3 would have been happier with Doc and that is why the clips are going through this whole thing. 

Now they have to tell CP3 that they still have crappy bigs who can't score on their own and can't spaced the floor, and they still have a backup point guard who is going to bolt in two years for more money than they can give and they are going to get him an unproven coach, instead of a championship coach. Whoohoo! 

Love to hear that call. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Exactly, glad you see it that was as well.

And there is no guarantee we do anything that allows Pierce to walk right out to LA.

Imagine Jeff Green becomes a 20ppg guy every night next year, with like 6 boards a game. Well Griffin was only an 18/8 guy this year. Sully could be a 9/9 guy next year. I'd take him over Butler. Are Griffin and Butler really that much better than Sully and Green are going to b next year?

They have Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom and Billups, we have Avery, Lee, Bass and Terry. Pretty even.

The supporting cast KG, PP and Doc would have in LA is really no better than our except for CP3 being a better PG than Rondo. Yet Boston is acting like they need to blow it up and build around Avery and Sully (our Bledsoe and Jordan) while the Clippers are title contenders? The Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Pacers and Bulls should all be better than a Clippers team with our guys on it. The Nuggets, Grizz and Warriors will give them a run for their money.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The clips fired their coach on Chris Paul's say so. You have to assume logically they are making  a run at his first choice.

I mean ifCP is willing to sign if you get Brian Shaw, you just get brian Shaw. You get him cheaper with no trades and no draft picks and he is easy to get rid of if he doesn't work out.

NO. CP3 would have been happier with Doc and that is why the clips are going through this whole thing. 

Now they have to tell CP3 that they still have crappy bigs who can't score on their own and can't spaced the floor, and they still have a backup point guard who is going to bolt in two years for more money than they can give and they are going to get him an unproven coach, instead of a championship coach. Whoohoo! 

Love to hear that call. 

First, you are making a HUGE, probably inccorrect assumption that the Clippers can't do a better deal eslewhere.  Perhaps strike a deal for a better younger C than Garnett.

Second, maybe CP3 wanted Doc as his first choice... but who is to say IF CP3 will get along with Doc?  and who is to say IF CP3 is also OK with Brian Shaw or Hollins.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

A #1 for a coach who doesn't want to coach in Boston is enough. Jordan for KG at this point in his career is also enough. Danny should call the Clips and beg them to do the deal.

Hire Shaw, get in the lottery next year, keep Rondo along with Green, Sully, Jordan, this years draft pick, and next years lottery pick and we could be a very good team. Trade PIerce and Bradley, either for picks or players who can score or rebound the ball. Jordan will never be close to as good as KG his been, but in two to three years, jordan could be just what we need!!

Sections
Shortcuts