Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Misconceptions. Clippers Don't Need Boston

Clippers need Boston.......that's why this is on and off so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I think it's kind of funny that a free agent can be seen as the team's GM.  Paul could make demands, have them satisfied, and then sign with another team leaving the Clips holding the bag for a coach they might not have hired otherwise.  Someone in Clipperland has thought of this, I'm sure.   

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Mark Heisler: #Celtics-Clippers, the fallout… Clipper source says they're in constant contact w/CP3--and he's OK w/deal falling apartTwitter @MarkHeisler
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#LzRzvgsMSF8H4MLu.99 

As I thought.  Contrary to speculation, CP3 is FINE without Doc.  Which logically suggests he is good with Shaw or Hollins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

then he can have Shaw or Hollins.............

we don't need just Jordan and a pick............

CP3 will be complaining before the season even starts if the dominoes don't start falling in his favor

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I still think a deal may happen with a face saving compromise by Danny.  Jordan, a first round, and a future conditional second round.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Dear Clippers,

The point of this trade for you is getting rid of Jordan and upgrading at that position with someone who isn't a HUGE liability in the 4th quarter.

Nobody in this league wants Jordan especially at his bloated salary. He is literally limted offensively to 3 feet around the rim. Defensively he blocks shots with as much finese as Fab Melo. Sure, he is 7'+ and probably able to jump over the rim, but that does not translate to good basketball. Literally his free throw % declined this season from ~50% to ~30%.

You just killed your only viable shot at a championship with CP3.

Regards,

Reason

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Dear Reason,

You have no clue.  Thats why you aren't a GM in the NBA.  We are in constant communication with CP3 and in agreement on who we want and at what cost.  The Celtics aren't the only team that we are talking to, nor intend to talk to, and Garnett is only one of several players and scenarios that we are looking at.

We have time on our side.  We're not desparate, like you, because of deadlines to make a decision on Pierce and the implications of Doc leaving or Garnett retiring... all in the next couple of weeks.   You know the deal that we are willing to accept.  We're moving on, maybe look at getting Howard now.  Where are you going?

Regards,

Clippers management

PS:  I hope your not left hanging and at least get something for PP, Garnett and Doc.  Be a shame to walk away with nothing but some Cap space. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Doc for 2 first rounders wrecked the deal and per below, looks like they may move forward with Byron Scott and save some money AND first round pick (or two).  Once again, Danny asked for too much and ended up with nothing... and now the Celtics are in complete disarray.   

Mark Heisler: With #CP3 on board,#Clippers will wait for #Celtics to call back… if not will hire coach:I'm hearing Byron Scott over Brian Shaw in photo. Twitter @MarkHeisler

Rumors tags BOSTON CELTICSLOS ANGELES CLIPPERSTRADEBYRON SCOTTCOACHINGBRIAN SHAW  |   SHARE   Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Subscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Arash Markazi: The Clippers really like the candidates they've interviewed, which made it easier to walk away from this dealTwitter @ArashMarkazi

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Dear Reason,

You have no clue.  Thats why you aren't a GM in the NBA.  We are in constant communication with CP3 and in agreement on who we want and at what cost.  The Celtics aren't the only team that we are talking to, nor intend to talk to, and Garnett is only one of several players and scenarios that we are looking at.

We have time on our side.  We're not desparate, like you, because of deadlines to make a decision on Pierce and the implications of Doc leaving or Garnett retiring... all in the next couple of weeks.   You know the deal that we are willing to accept.  We're moving on, maybe look at getting Howard now.  Where are you going?

Regards,

Clippers management

PS:  I hope your not left hanging and at least get something for PP, Garnett and Doc.  Be a shame to walk away with nothing but some Cap space. 

Dear Idiot,

Sorry, I forgot that you are also a GM, my bad. Maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror and realize that nobody in this league wants Jordan or that monstrosity of a contract. Nobody other than the Celtics are going to facilitate the creation of a championship contending team for you. 

Now, lets talk about time. True or False, the Celtics are in desperate need to win now mode because they haven't won a championship with guys on their current roster? True or False, the Clippers have a guy in his prime with a legit 5 year window left on his career to get a championship? True or False, the Clippers are under a lot more pressure to achieve success than the Celtics?

So to recap, you're an idiot, not a GM either, Jordan is undesirable and there are very limited options to trade him for someone who will get you closer to a championship, and finally Chis Paul needs to win in order to ever be relevent in NBA history. If the Clippers refuse to facilitate a trade to make themselves a contender, Paul might leave (despite what he secretly whispers to you at night under the covers). The Clippers are under more pressure to win now than the Celtics. We just had our run. We won. We were inches away from winning multiples.

Clippers are a joke of a franchise with their only hope at redemption in the form of a title. The biggest chance for them to win a title was to trade their trash and hype for a winner & champion, in KG and a HOF coach in Doc. KG & Doc by themselves would have attracked additional free agents looking to chip in to a run. Paul may have been bought out or traded and bought out and probably could have been convinced to join KG & Doc. That is literally taking 2 of a big 3 + the 2nd best coach in the NBA for low future 1st round picks, a bust and an overhyped guard.

You lose.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Dear Loser,

Excuse me, but I didn't realize that you are so close to "every team in the NBA" and you apparently know what they think!!  

Not only that, but you can also project out into the future and let us all know that without Garnett and Doc the Clippers will not be able to get any quality FA...  

but despite your amazing crystal ball and babling BS, just because the Clippers decided not to trade with the Celtics, doesn't mean that they won't add another high caliber player or two on the roster for NEXT season via trade or FA and compete for a championship.

So to recap, its funny that you, who can predict the future, didn't see that it is actually YOU who is the IDIOT!  

Signed,

Go Bruins

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

there is no guarentee that CP3 will leave if the Clips don't get Rivers, but he is guarenteed to sign if they do get Rivers. i would love to see this backfire on LA and CP3 leaves, hopefully for Houston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Dear Reason,

Regards,

Clippers management

Dear Clippers.

You are desperate because Chris Paul is looking at teaming up with Dwight Howard. Probably in Atlanta, if you don't show him something. Good luck with that. 

There is a reason you're team has been a laughing stock since you came into the league. 

Reason's Older Brother. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Dear Loser,

Excuse me, but I didn't realize that you are so close to "every team in the NBA" and you apparently know what they think!!  

Not only that, but you can also project out into the future and let us all know that without Garnett and Doc the Clippers will not be able to get any quality FA...  

but despite your amazing crystal ball and babling BS, just because the Clippers decided not to trade with the Celtics, doesn't mean that they won't add another high caliber player or two on the roster for NEXT season via trade or FA and compete for a championship.

So to recap, its funny that you, who can predict the future, didn't see that it is actually YOU who is the IDIOT!  

Signed,

Go Bruins

I didn't realize you were so close to the clippers that you are aware of their current relationship with Chris Paul. 

However, one doesn't need a crystal ball to see that the Clippers are going to have a hard time finding a better deal. one only needs reason.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

there is no guarentee that CP3 will leave if the Clips don't get Rivers, but he is guarenteed to sign if they do get Rivers. i would love to see this backfire on LA and CP3 leaves, hopefully for Houston.

I would love if he leaves too. Donald Sterling is one of the worst humans on the planet. It would serve him right. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Dear Loser,

Signed,

Go Bruins

I didn't realize you were so close to the clippers that you are aware of their current relationship with Chris Paul. 

Maybe iF you read the hoops newswires (hoopshype is a start) you could also educate yourself.  I have copied them on other posts here... According to Clips team sources, they have been in constant contact with CP3 he has ben involved in their search for a new coach (Shaw and Scott as finalists) and is perfectluy fine without Doc (or Garnett).   Don't be another dupe and blindly regurgetate the speculation and baseles assumptions that some of the posters contribute on here.  Do your research and then think with your brain not your emotions and blind bias that everything the Celtics do is correct.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Dear Loser,

Signed,

Go Bruins

Maybe iF you read the hoops newswires (hoopshype is a start) you could also educate yourself.  I have copied them on other posts here... According to Clips team sources, they have been in constant contact with CP3 he has ben involved in their search for a new coach (Shaw and Scott as finalists) and is perfectluy fine without Doc (or Garnett).   Don't be another dupe and blindly regurgetate the speculation and baseles assumptions that some of the posters contribute on here.  Do your research and then think with your brain not your emotions and blind bias that everything the Celtics do is correct.

And maybe if you took a look at contracts around the league and thought about stage of career you'd realize there is no better big man than KG for Jordan. Educate yourself please. 

Also don't assume just because you read it there it is true. the clips have a vested interest in looking like things are okay so they maintain some negotating power. 

It's funny how you bleeive those sources but think the others are speculating wildly. All I can say is thank god you are not in charge as we would be ruined. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Uhm... Looks like they do need Boston after all. 

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousey on Rondo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Uhm... Looks like they do need Boston after all. 

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousy on Rondo

Yup, haha.

Only someone (dunker) who incorrectly feels Jordan by himself is equal value for KG, a HOFer who is currently still a vastly superior player on the court than him, would believe the 'rumor' that CP3 was ok with this. We all felt the C's were getting too little for KG/Doc in Jordan and TWO firsts, before being stunned that Sterling idiotically held his ground at one first.

Paul obviously let it sink in for 36 hours then thought.... wait.... a 1st rd pick in the 20's is keeping me from KG, Doc and maybe even Pierce down the road... WHAT?!?!?!

P.S. I fixed the spelling of Cousy in your signature, and the Rondo love is nice, but if the c's can get a top 7 lotto pick for him in this draft they should pull the trigger on that as well

I wouldn't do it for a top 7 pick. Not in a draft this light, but that's me.  I think he is worth holding on to. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

ElFunker started this thread, gloated about Misconceptions and how the Clipperz didn't need Boston. Now ElFunker is hiding, eating his words and the insults he propagated around the board...yes ElFunker, Clips do need Boston and by the way according to the sources, the requests came from CP3. 

Sections
Shortcuts