Missed opportunity for Luke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Missed opportunity for Luke

The last four or five games would have been a perfect time for Doc to have given Lukes some good minutes, but he did not do it and now the guys are starting to return.  Luke has a future in the league and could have helped us this year, looks like he will need to grow Doc rivers roots on the bench while Bradley stumbles around on the court and looks lost as a goose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Missed opportunity for Luke

The thing is, we're not short on 6-8 guys, we're short on PG's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

He does need to get a few quality minutes.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

what position does luke really play anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Luke will get mins next year if BBD leaves

Why should people worry about him now if it means a championship contender gets JON and Perk back while a 2nd rd pikc tweener gets the pine?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Luke will be on the inactive list once everyone is healthy.  I like his game but this isn't his year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Missed opportunity for Luke:
    [QUOTE]Luke will get mins next year if BBD leaves Why should people worry about him now if it means a championship contender gets JON and Perk back while a 2nd rd pikc tweener gets the pine?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

"The C's are loaded and I'd rather Ainge move BBD and get something while his value is high rather than watch him walk EVEN after winning #18."

Re: The future

posted at 12/14/2010 9:44 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 12/21/2010
    I'm not saying that it's the best move for the C's but #18 won't depend on whether BBD is a Celtics or not. As long as we have a healthy top 6-7 guys, we're good. Get a clue!!

The C's are loaded and I'd rather Ainge move BBD and get something while his value is high rather than watch him walk EVEN after winning #18. You never let a guy walk when your team needs some younger players. If Ainge can sign him I think he will. Let's not start getting carried away with resigning guys that are role players again. This board seemed to do that with TA and Posey...we have to sign them, we have to sign them. Well Ainge knows what pieces fit with this team and those guys should've stayed and they'd still be known on a good team instead of bit pieces on mediocre teams. BBD needs to realize the same thing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I'd rather maximize the chances of getting #18 even if Baby walks afterwards.

Baby is an integral part of this team which, if healthy, has a legit shot.  One thing that 20 years in the wilderness has taught me is to appreciate that chances at a title are rare.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Missed opportunity for Luke:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather maximize the chances of getting #18 even if Baby walks afterwards. Baby is an integral part of this team which, if healthy, has a legit shot.  One thing that 20 years in the wilderness has taught me is to appreciate that chances at a title are rare.
    Posted by paulliu[/QUOTE]

Touche!

But why do we think BBD will walk?  We have to wait and see what happens in the new CBA.  Whatever happens, I presume that it will create favorable terms for a team to retain their own players.  If that happens, BBD may stay in Boston or may be a perfect sign and trade piece for the Celts signing some other free agent.  For eaxmple, BBD may be used as a part of sign and trade for the Celts to get Zach Randolph if they so choose.  BTW, the ZR example is just an illustration and not a recommendation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Why are we even talking about Big Baby leaving right now. Everything is well in Bean town. Enjoy the ride to another championship run and don't worry about next summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Luke is full of talents. He can shoot, rebound, dribble and pass. Maybe he can play point position for the 3rd unit. Let Bradley shoot. Haha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE should sign Davis to an extension at moderate money and West also.  Luke should be locked up for seveal years at very modest money because he has the skills to help us.  We paid Rondo too much but at least close to his value which is 6 or 7 million a year.  The future must be considered with the present if we want the chips that will allow us to compete after the big three are gone.

Sections
Shortcuts