Missing Piece

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Missing Piece

A backup SF to replace Quis. A guy that has size, 3-point range, and playoff experience. Someone like Shane Battier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Missing Piece

I lived in Houston for 2 years and seen all their games. Rick Adelman and Daryl Morey LOVES Shane Battier.

I'd be real surprised if they even entertained the thought of trading him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Missing Piece:
    I lived in Houston for 2 years and seen all their games. Rick Adelman and Daryl Morey LOVES Shane Battier. I'd be real surprised if they even entertained the thought of trading him.
    Posted by Waynestarr

If the Rockets are rebuilding I don't think Battier is part of their future plans because he's old, 32 years old. After this season Battier will be a free-agent. If the Rockets don't re-sign him he'll just walk and the Rockets won't get anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Shane Battier will be a perfect fit for the Celtics. He is a good 3pt shooter and a leader who can just step in to relief Paul Pierce. And Houston desperately needs a center. Also, it was reported that they might need a SF or a PF.

In today's Houston Chronicle, It was reported that they are targeting the following players: Carmelo Anthony; Marcus Camby; Omer Asik; Samuel Dalembert; Chris Kaman; and DeAndre Jordan.

Also reported were possible players they are willing to trade. And these are the players: Aaron Brooks; Jordan Hill; Courtney Lee; Chase Budingger; Yao Ming; Jared Jeffries; and Shane Battier.

Although it was also reported that they are not willing to trade Aaron Brooks since he could be a part of their future, but recent beef between Brooks, Rick Adelman and the management might make him tradable.

So, Boston Celtics could inquire about Shane Battier since they are willing to listen to offers, but the only person they might need from Boston might be Perkins or Semih, since they are looking for Center. And Perkins is from Houston.

Time Will Only Tell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Battier would be great what do we have to do to get him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rip Hamilton. 
    It's worth taking over his contract. Our window will be closed next summer. 
    JO, Nate and Quis works. Harangody or Bradley or a pick can also be thrown in if necessary.
    West, Wafer, Rip, Baby, Shaq and Erden is a solid bench.
    It's about winning now and/or if possible next year.
    The future is now and I don't know about building around Rondo...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If we do get Battier, we're going to have to address Houston's needs somehow.  Two things come to  mind.  Some sort of replacement for Yao and clearing cap space.   Chips we have there are Semih (sorry, but he fits cause Perkin's not gonna out the door this year) and any players with expiring contracts.  Even injured, Quis, at $2.4 million expiring this year, has some value.
    I think BBD is too valuable to consider him as part of a package.
    Semih and Daniels would be part of the package.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Semih is a project and daniels is damaged goods. Don't think Houston will go for that. I think that's the problem with all these trades scenarios: we just don't have the pieces that others want and the pieces that others want are indispensible for us.
    Wanna give up Perk for battier with all the problems we have at center right now? Don't think so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P-O-S-E-Y

I've been screaming for him for a month. Get him back to Beantown Danny!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

P-O-S-E-Y I've been screaming for him for a month. Get him back to Beantown Danny!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

After everybody going back and forth too many times on different scenarios.
    Maybe that's the best fit.
    After all, C's current plan that's in place is only for 1-2 yrs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Mo Williams, if NATE out...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mo Williams, if NATE out...
    Posted by beavis

Mo Williams is a 9.3m player this season. Where will the Celtics get the cap space for that?

Help is on the way at the backup PG spot. As Delonte West will be making his return against the Heat.

Don't forget the Celtics also need a backup SF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

P-O-S-E-Y I've been screaming for him for a month. Get him back to Beantown Danny!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Posey is playing horribly and makes almost 8 million this year and still has another year on his contract.  Battier makes WAY more sense if you could get him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Missing Piece:
    A backup SF to replace Quis. A guy that has size, 3-point range, and playoff experience. Someone like Shane Battier.
    Posted by P34

The missing piece is.... drum roll please...... HEALTH....

The Cs are the best and most talented team in the league not even sure who the close second is.  The problem is they have not been healthy.

So over the course of the rest of the season, they will tank a bunch of games that everyone thinks they should win but they will lose.

Then in the playoffs, if healthy, they will make a deep run and probably win a championship.

If they are not healthy, they will likely bow out earlier than most would hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the biggest "health" questions are quis and JO. shaq, west, semih will all be healthy by playoff time, or at least healthy enough to play. don't know if JO can even get through the playoffs. and quis may never play again. so it seems so me we need a SF more than anything else right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

the biggest "health" questions are quis and JO. shaq, west, semih will all be healthy by playoff time, or at least healthy enough to play. don't know if JO can even get through the playoffs. and quis may never play again. so it seems so me we need a SF more than anything else right now.
    Posted by kaktug

I agree with you and believe that both Jermaine and Marquis may not be able to play for the rest of the season.  We really need another small forward.  I also hope that Rasheed returns to the Celtics.  He would be a good replacement for Jermaine. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

normally, i'd say no so sheed, but if we can rotate perk, shaq and semih at C and keep sheed at F where he belongs, he's less of a liability. he's just not going to bang, which is fine as long as we don't need him there.

Sections
Shortcuts