Mitch Kupchak Should be Fired for Doing Nothing

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Mitch Kupchak Should be Fired for Doing Nothing

danny ainge traded the celtics championship aspirations away.

Mitch stood pat already having the team that had won back to back titles.

Big difference! Thanks for playing though. Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Have to agree with Tayshawn on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Mitch Kupchak Should be Fired for Doing Nothing:
    Laker trolls on this board are giving Celtic fans a hard time by making threads about how Danny Ainge screwed up the Celtics. Well, Mitch Kupchak did nothing at the trade deadline and how did it work out for ya, trolls? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3tscov3
    Posted by Fiercest34

Sorry Sybil, Mitch isn't on the "hot seat". About 98% of LA fans think he's doing a good job as GM. Look at your own forum and you'll see there's a lot of unhappy fans that want his inept @$$ fired. Tayshawn hit the nail on the head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Kupchak Should be Fired for Doing Nothing:
    As you can see, if the Lakers made that trade the Lakers would have had 1 more win! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Maybe if they had made a trade they don't get SWEPT.....or at least don't BLOWN OUT and HUMILIATED!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Before the season started every Laker troll on this board was saying that another Laker 3peat this season is inevitable. Now same Laker trolls are saying Mitch Kupchak stood pat because they already won back to back titles? Flip-flopping? And what happened to all that talk about the Lakers winning #17 this season and #18 next season? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Every celtic fan was talking about "banner 18" this season also. I even saw some commercials advertising it on local boston tv stations. What's your point? Right now, the Lakers look like they will be winning another title much sooner than the celtics, and besides everyone knows that 2030 is a long way off. Get used to losing my friend. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Before the season started every Laker troll on this board was saying that another Laker 3peat this season is inevitable. Now same Laker trolls are saying Mitch Kupchak stood pat because they already won back to back titles? Flip-flopping? And what happened to all that talk about the Lakers winning #17 this season and #18 next season? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Our record tying 17th banner IS inevitable. And we'll still pass the C's with #18...it's just going to take us a little bit longer than we expected. But as Tayshawn pointed out, you guys had that pathetic ad about "#18"...how did that work out?!

Sybil, we expect Mitch to get us right back in title contention...probably as soon as next year (provided there isn't a strike). From all the "gloom and doom" that I'm reading on this forum, most of you don't seem to have an awful lot of faith in Danny to get you that "#18"...and I can understand why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

I don't believe Mitch Kupchak has done much of anything as a critical Laker fan. Look what he got for Caron Butler? A stiff from Washington in Kwame Brown. When the Laker GM traded Shaquille to Miami, he got one decent and 2 scrubs. Some might say that Lamar Odom is an allstar. Not in my book. Lamar is a choke artist, an inconsistent, disappearing act. The Pacers had a better deal on the table for Shaq at the time.

And lets not forget Mitch signing long term contracts with Luke Walton, Brian Cook, and Vladimir Radmanovic, mediocre players to 5 year contracts that are redundant, tying the team's hands. He let Ronny Turiaf walk & signed Sasha Vujacic to a longterm deal.

Gasol was the best deal Mitch ever achieved but Pau fell into the GM's hands when the Grizz owner was gutting salary. This season he trades Sasha for another stiff in Joe Smith and signed Theo Ratliff.

Besides Pau, the other excellent trade was getting Trevor Ariza from Orlando for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans. But then he lets Ariza walk and signs Ron Artest who became a scrub this season. Ariza and Jordan Farmar brought athleticism and speed to the Lakers, something they sorely lacked this season.

You guys have your Ainge we have our Mitch. I don't like either of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Miiiiiiiiiiittttttttttccccccccccchhhhhhhhh...

ROFL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

I don't believe Mitch Kupchak has done much of anything as a critical Laker fan. Look what he got for Caron Butler? A stiff from Washington in Kwame Brown. When the Laker GM traded Shaquille to Miami, he got one decent and 2 scrubs. Some might say that Lamar Odom is an allstar. Not in my book. Lamar is a choke artist, an inconsistent, disappearing act. The Pacers had a better deal on the table for Shaq at the time. And lets not forget Mitch signing long term contracts with Luke Walton, Brian Cook, and Vladimir Radmanovic, mediocre players to 5 year contracts that are redundant, tying the team's hands. He let Ronny Turiaf walk & signed Sasha Vujacic to a longterm deal. Gasol was the best deal Mitch ever achieved but Pau fell into the GM's hands when the Grizz owner was gutting salary. This season he trades Sasha for another stiff in Joe Smith and signed Theo Ratliff. Besides Pau, the other excellent trade was getting Trevor Ariza from Orlando for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans. But then he lets Ariza walk and signs Ron Artest who became a scrub this season. Ariza and Jordan Farmar brought athleticism and speed to the Lakers, something they sorely lacked this season. You guys have your Ainge we have our Mitch. I don't like either of them.
    Posted by LakerFan67

You're in that 2% that I mentioned above. The majority of us are good with Mitch. Most of us would also argue most of your points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Kupchak Should be Fired for Doing Nothing : Every celtic fan was talking about "banner 18" this season also. I even saw some commercials advertising it on local boston tv stations. What's your point? Right now, the Lakers look like they will be winning another title much sooner than the celtics, and besides everyone knows that 2030 is a long way off. Get used to losing my friend.
    Posted by Tayshawn

HAHAHAHAHA

Kobe bryant on the NBA no defense team.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/05/15/my-4th-annual-nba-no-defense-team-al-jefferson-monta-ellis-kobe-bryant-and-more/

Andrew bynum on the NBA no Knees teams. and Derrick Fisher reacting to news your coach is going to be Mike Dunleavy the genuis behind the great clipper teams of the last five years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

So the laker trolls think cup-jack is so much better than Ainge.  Let's look at what they've had to work with and what they've done.

Ainge - took over an average to below average team, with Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker as the franchise center pieces, a bunch of journey-men and no name coaches.  He rightly traded away one of those center-pieces and signed a great coach no one else would give a chance.  Five years later he put together a championship team that would contend for the next four years.  And as this group ages the team's salary cap will clear after next year, leaving them in a great position to re-build.

Cup-Jack - Took over a championship team built by Jerry West loaded with talent, including MDE (Most Dominant Ever).  Trades away MDE and doesn't get eqaul value in return.  Lakers go from champs to not making the playoffs for two years and being ousted in the 1st round the next two, leaving Kobe fuming mad and demanding to be traded from the team.
    Thanks to Jerry West going to Memphis and then, as Kobe says, "gifting" them Pow Gasol in a fraudulant trade they become contenders again.  Now as the team ages and are no longer contenders they are stuck with the huge contracts of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum for the next five years.  Their supposed best trading chip is a 24 year old Bynum with 40yr old knees and a huge $15M per contract.  Sounds like a great GM to me.

Don't get me wrong, DA has made some dumb moves and I'm not sure he's one of the top GMs, but Cup-Kack??  As Kobe would say, "are you kiddin me?"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

OC, you like many Boston posters keep making the same serious mistake that Jerry West was the GM at Memphis that "gifted" Pau Gasol to the Lakers. When Pau was traded to L.A., West had already resigned the previous year from the Grizz. The new Grizz owner was cleaning house & trying to clear salary.

The other piece of misinformation is the erroneous belief that such trades had never happened before. They happen far to often when team owners are trying to save money. It is the NBA franchises with lots of dough that take advantage. Dallas benefitted from Washington, getting Stevenson, Butler & Heywood to add to an already stellar cast. Chicago got Boozer, Brewer & Korver from the Jazz. There are some always some NBA franchises gutting salary. Cleveland got a No. 1 pick from the Clippers (a team that has a horrible owner in Sterling).

And finally, Pau was the execeptional player that is today in Memphis. It was the winning culture in L.A. that brought out the best in him just like with Rondo, Perkins & Big Baby-- the environment in Boston developed these players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

67: Let's say that the trade wasn't fradulant, BUT you have to admit that it's fishy.  Unlike the other trade that you mention, in this case no other teams even knew that he was up on the trading block, and you had other coaches calling foul afther the trade was made. 
    As far as Jerry West not being there I thought it was fishy how he abruptly left the organization and then seven months later the franchise's best ever player was traded to West's old team, who happens to play in the same conference.  just sayin...

I know every Laker fan will bring up the KG trade but that trade had none of the elements I cited above; everyone knew Minny wanted to part ways with thier aging star, and no coaches/GMs complained about the trade after it happened. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Look OC, we can go back and forth on your revisionist history. But my point about some NBA owners not caring about winning but making money is a consequence of your criticism of the Gasol trade to L.A. as "Fishy?" All trades have winners and losers. What had Pau Gasol won in Memphis? Not 1 single playoff game.

But in the context of the Grizz, their owner would argue that as a result of trading Pau, they now have Marc Gasol and Randolf with a chance to win it all. Owners have a choice, blow-up their team ala Oklahoma, Washington, Miami, Memphis and develop through the draft, free agency, or trades. Why blowup a team & gut the roster rather than suffer years of mediocrity? Look at the success of the Grizz and Thunder!  

Ray Allen came to Boston as a result of blowing up a team that is now The Thunder. KG got to Boston because of Kevin McHale. The Wolves owner was considering the Laker offer of Bynum & Odom for Garnett. Initially KG wanted to come to L.A. & wanted no part of Beantown. McHale was able to convince the Wolves owner that Boston had the better deal, calling Bynum & Odom "scrubs." Had McHale not been the GM for Minny, there is a high probability that KG would not be in Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

67:  I cannot dispute that KG would not be a Celtic if not for his relationship with Ainge.  Every team knew that he was on the trading block and a bunch of teams made a pitch to get him.  In the end Minny decided to take the package of players and draft picks from Boston.
    As for the Gasol trade, it's not revisionist history on my part.  It was a fact that other teams did not know he was being traded and I can remember Popovich for one expressing his concern, proposing some type of oversight to avoid such one-sided trades.  Yes, All-Stars will get traded from teams loooking to re-build, but it usually happens when they are past 30, not in their prime age of 27.

Anyway its in the past so lets see what our GMs can pull off in the near future so that this will become a rivalry again soon. 

Sections
Shortcuts