Mitch Richmond

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Mitch Richmond

Mitch Richmond and Paul Pierce.  Both players have 1 NBA title, Both have scored over 20,000 points. Both career scoring ave. about 22 per game, but which of these players, has won all star MVP, was rookie of the year, and was all NBA second team 3 times?

Comparing Pierce to Mitch Richmond, is not a put down guys!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I love mitch.  Had season tickets at kstate his senior year.  Talked to him in a bar.  But he was never as good as pierce or even close.

When did he win a title?   I remember him mostly in places like sacramento.  If he won a title, I doubt he was a centerpiece like PP was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond:
    [QUOTE] Mitch Richmond and Paul Pierce.  Both players have 1 NBA title, Both have scored over 20,000 points. Both career scoring ave. about 22 per game, but which of these players, has won all star MVP, was rookie of the year, and was all NBA second team 3 times?  Comparing Pierce to Mitch Richmond, is not a put down guys!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Great post!

Just goes to show that you love players with shaved heads.

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I love mitch.  Had season tickets at kstate his senior year.  Talked to him in a bar.  But he was never as good as pierce or even close. When did he win a title?   I remember him mostly in places like sacramento.  If he won a title, I doubt he was a centerpiece like PP was.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Richmond won with the Lakers in 2002 when he was the 11th man on the roster.

kyceltic is a Paul Pierce hater. He even said Antoine Walker is better than Paul Pierce. Go figure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I am not sure why this post exists but I will chime in.  I don't understand the comparison but let's make one thing clear-Pierce led a team to a championship while Richmond rode the bench for a team that won a championship playing a total of 4 playoff minutes.  A HUGE difference.  Their stats may be similar-but let's give Paul a little more credit he plays the game awfully hard as opposed to Mitch who was a shooter and nothing more.  Let's also not forget (or perhaps we should) that Richmond had an insignificant career playing for Golden State, Sacramento and Washington before getting a ring as a scrub on the Lakers.

Pierce is having a hell of a year by the way.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I am not sure why this post exists but I will chime in.  I don't understand the comparison but let's make one thing clear-Pierce led a team to a championship while Richmond rode the bench for a team that won a championship playing a total of 4 playoff minutes.  A HUGE difference.  Their stats may be similar-but let's give Paul a little more credit he plays the game awfully hard as opposed to Mitch who was a shooter and nothing more.  Let's also not forget (or perhaps we should) that Richmond had an insignificant career playing for Golden State, Sacramento and Washington before getting a ring as a scrub on the Lakers. Pierce is having a hell of a year by the way.   
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

That's because according to kyceltic, comparing Pierce to Larry Bird is like comparing Mitch Richmond to Michael Jordan. What I don't understand is kyceltic says he's a Celtic fan, but he hates Paul Pierce to the utmost extreme. I mean, so far, he's the only Celtic fan on this forum that hates Paul Pierce. 

kyceltic also intentionally left out the part where Paul Pierce is a Finals MVP and Richmond is not.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : That's because according to kyceltic, comparing Pierce to Larry Bird is like comparing Mitch Richmond to Michael Jordan. What I don't understand is kyceltic says he's a Celtic fan, but he hates Paul Pierce to the utmost extreme. I mean, so far, he's the only Celtic fan on this forum that hates Paul Pierce.  kyceltic also intentionally left out the part where Paul Pierce is a Finals MVP and Richmond is not.  
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I stand by the statement about comparing Pierce tp Bird. As for intentionally leaving that part out!!  Prove It!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :  I stand by the statement about comparing Pierce tp Bird. As for intentionally leaving that part out!!  Prove It!!!

Larry Bird is my favorite NBA player of all-time. Pierce will always be 2nd to Bird in my book. 

It's true that all the fans here don't agree with you when you say is Pierce is just a Mitch Richmond type of player. Only a Paul Pierce hater would say something like that.

All Celtic fans know that Pierce was the Finals MVP in 2008. It's impossible that you didn't know that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

People don't like Paul Pierce because he is a "Drama Queen".  He acts like he is contipated on every shot.  Check out pictures in the Globe.  His face is contorted on every play.  Very good ballplayer, but not the guy who brings fans closer, with his wheel-chair act.   Cry

The real laugh is the belief that every Celtic is the best at his position.  Perk is the #1 Center.  OOPS!  Rondo is the best PG.  OH!  Pierce is the best SF.  REALLY?

Always look at how many times the current Celtic Hero has made 1st or 2nd team ALL-PRO.  Then look at the past Celtic Heroes, and see how they stood in the league.

Surprise.

Celtic fan since 1949. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I don't want to get into comparing Mitch and Paul. It's nice to start a thread to remember Mitch Richmond though. As many of you know, I live near Sacramento. I watched Mitch for years with the Warriors and Kings during his prime. He was a great player. His game was more similar to Ray Allen's than to Paul Pierce's. Mitch was much Like Ray and even Reggie Miller in his ability to work very hard to get open. All 3 were experts in running without the ball in the half court offense and losing their defenders in the crowd to get open. All 3 could bury the jumper on the catch as well as anybody.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want to get into comparing Mitch and Paul. It's nice to start a thread to remember Mitch Richmond though. As many of you know, I live near Sacramento. I watched Mitch for years with the Warriors and Kings during his prime. He was a great player. His game was more similar to Ray Allen's than to Paul Pierce's. Mitch was much Like Ray and even Reggie Miller in his ability to work very hard to get open. All 3 were experts in running without the ball in the half court offense and losing their defenders in the crowd to get open. All 3 could bury the jumper on the catch as well as anybody.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Your right both Ray and Mitch only played offense. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : Your right both Ray and Mitch only played offense. 
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
        I didn't write that. I can't recall Mitch's defense, but I know Ray plays good D when he has to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

Peja will be a good addition to the Celtics, he was waived by the Raptors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Mitch Richmond was a very good player.  I suppose Pierce has had a bit of a better career but there wasn't anything wrong with Richmond.  I know you are just trying to mess with KY but being compared to Richmond isn't that bad.

He was a 6 time all star.  The main difference is that Pierce has maintained his high level of play while Richmond went downhill his last 5 or 6 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Richmond was hurt playing for very average teams in Sacramento and Washington. Was traded to Washington for Webber wasn't he? So he was traded by the Kings right before they became a force.

If Golden State had held their nerve and kept Richmond, Hardaway and Mullin together they'd have been a very good team.

Trading Richmond for Billy Owens was a disastrous move.

Richmond was a solid player, he was very good. I'd put Pierce ahead of him as he's really had more chance to shine over the last four seasons with the Celtics.
    Richmond never had those opportunities. I don't see Richmond as a guy who made his team mates better or have the ability to lead a team to the finals. He needed guys around him. Like most other players. And for Richmond that wasn't the case after Golden State.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE] Mitch Richmond and Paul Pierce.  Both players have 1 NBA title, Both have scored over 20,000 points. Both career scoring ave. about 22 per game, but which of these players, has won all star MVP, was rookie of the year, and was all NBA second team 3 times?  Comparing Pierce to Mitch Richmond, is not a put down guys!!

It's a very poor comparison.

The bench warming Mitch on LA in his last season vs. the finals MVP Pierce in '08 makes it downright idiotic.

Take rings out of the equasion and look at skills/careers:

Pierce historically compares most to players like Elgin Baylor, John Havlicek, Adrian Dantley, Rick Barry, Bernard King and Clyde Drexler.

Richmond compares to Hal Greer, Eddie Johnson, Dave Bing, Walter Davis, Rolando Blackmon and Vince Carter

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Richmond was hurt playing for very average teams in Sacramento and Washington. Was traded to Washington for Webber wasn't he? So he was traded by the Kings right before they became a force. If Golden State had held their nerve and kept Richmond, Hardaway and Mullin together they'd have been a very good team. Trading Richmond for Billy Owens was a disastrous move. Richmond was a solid player, he was very good. I'd put Pierce ahead of him as he's really had more chance to shine over the last four seasons with the Celtics. Richmond never had those opportunities. I don't see Richmond as a guy who made his team mates better or have the ability to lead a team to the finals. He needed guys around him. Like most other players. And for Richmond that wasn't the case after Golden State.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

The RUN TMC days....man they were good!!!!  No defense at all, but they could score!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Peja will be a good addition to the Celtics, he was waived by the Raptors.
    Posted by PogiAko[/QUOTE]

Peja, is that you????  LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You gotta rank the all-time greatest by Tier's (in no order within)

Tier 1:

MJ
    Russ
    Wilt
    Magic
    Bird
    Kobe
    Kareem

Tier 2:

Dr J
    K. Malone
    M. Malone
    Hakeem
    Shaq
    Oscar
    West
    Stockton
    Duncan
    Garnett
    Barkley
    Hayes
    Cousy
    Wilkins
    Pettit
    Gervin

Tier 3

Pippen
    Barry
    Havlicek
    Mikan
    Ewing
    Gilmore
    Pierce
    Ray
    Reggie
    Kidd
    Parish
    McHale
    Cowens
    S. Jones
    Pistol
    Isiah
    English
    Issel
    Dirk
    Payton
    Pierce
    Iverson
    Drexler
    Frazier
    LBJ
    D. Robinson
    Nash
    Lanier
    B. King
    McAdoo
    Bellamy

These tier's double as you go.. 7, 15, 30 kinda deal

Mitch is in tier 4... with like 60 other players, and Celtics like DJ, JoJo, Heinsohn Silas and Walton... I'd say Wade, Pau, Melo, Amare, J. Johnson, Hill, Parker, Billups, Bosh are solidly in this 4th group, a few more seasons and some will be tier 3 for sure.... some of the top rebounders ever (Rodman, Unseld, Thurmond) and assists guys (Jackson, Strickland, Cheeks) are Tier 4 players.

There are only a couple NBA champions ever since 1960 (like the '79 Sonics and '04 Pistons) to win a title without a top 50/tier 1-3 player. Of course they had 2 tier 4 players at least and 4 all-stars.

Anyone who has not played 7 years in the game like DWill/CP3/Howard/Durant, who will be there soon, can't really be considered yet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Job well done remakeup, but where does Joe Klein fit in to the mix?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

tier 617

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :     I didn't write that. I can't recall Mitch's defense, but I know Ray plays good D when he has to.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

That was for KY.  Just kidding.  Chill

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]You gotta rank the all-time greatest by Tier's (in no order within) Tier 1: MJ Russ Wilt Magic Bird Kobe Kareem Tier 2: Dr J K. Malone M. Malone Hakeem Shaq Oscar West Stockton Duncan Garnett Barkley Hayes Cousy Wilkins Pettit Gervin Tier 3 Pippen Barry Havlicek Mikan Ewing Gilmore Pierce Ray Reggie Kidd Parish McHale Cowens S. Jones Pistol Isiah English Issel Dirk Payton Pierce Iverson Drexler Frazier LBJ D. Robinson Nash Lanier B. King McAdoo Bellamy These tier's double as you go.. 7, 15, 30 kinda deal Mitch is in tier 4... with like 60 other players, and Celtics like DJ, JoJo, Heinsohn Silas and Walton... I'd say Wade, Pau, Melo, Amare, J. Johnson, Hill, Parker, Billups, Bosh are solidly in this 4th group, a few more seasons and some will be tier 3 for sure.... some of the top rebounders ever (Rodman, Unseld, Thurmond) and assists guys (Jackson, Strickland, Cheeks) are Tier 4 players. There are only a couple NBA champions ever since 1960 (like the '79 Sonics and '04 Pistons) to win a title without a top 50/tier 1-3 player. Of course they had 2 tier 4 players at least and 4 all-stars. Anyone who has not played 7 years in the game like DWill/CP3/Howard/Durant, who will be there soon, can't really be considered yet
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Man you are on your game, But Oscar has to be tier one, and Shaq and The Dream, would round out my tier one group. Maybe West, yeah West would be in there.  Great post!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :  Man you are on your game, But Oscar has to be tier one, and Shaq and The Dream, would round out my tier one group. Maybe West, yeah West would be in there.  Great post!!

Resorting to bum kissing now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : Resorting to bum kissing now?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Are you calling remeakap a bum?  Why not give the guy credit for a well thought out post. Oh i know why, because he said Ray was better than Pierce.

That's okay, Pierce is better then Mike Miller!! HAHAHA

Sections
Shortcuts