Mitch Richmond

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Mitch Richmond

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond:
    In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :  Are you calling remeakap a bum?  Why not give the guy credit for a well thought out post. Oh i know why, because he said Ray was better than Pierce. That's okay, Pierce is better then Mike Miller!! HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic

I don't believe you. You said you would trade Ray Allen for Danny Granger in a minute. Since Danny Granger is not on rame's list I find it hard to believe that you actually agree with rame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Guess Kirk does not have you on his good side, kyceltic.

HAHAHA!!!

Re: I Had A Dream

posted at 1/21/2011 2:09 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=de9e8b89d0c86d5e1479ee9bcfbf4654&plckUserId=de9e8b89d0c86d5e1479ee9bcfbf4654">
    First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 1/21/2011
    In Response to Re: I Had A Dream:
    In Response to Re: I Had A Dream :  Can i be in it!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Absolutely not!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :  Man you are on your game, But Oscar has to be tier one, and Shaq and The Dream, would round out my tier one group. Maybe West, yeah West would be in there.  Great post!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Same as last year, when you got exposed as a Paul Pierce hater you tried to make up for it by trying to be nice to the other posters here. 

If you truly believed rame made a great post there would have been no need for you to tell him to include Oscar, Shaq, and Hakeem on the 1st tier list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This is you at your best, kyceltic.

"When asked, where is Pierce on the list of Celtic greats. I always say, right behind Antoine Walker."

Re: Is Paul Pierce Overrated?

posted at 2/15/2010 9:51 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006

When asked, where is Pierce on the list of Celtic greats. I always say, right behind Antoine Walker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : Same as last year, when you got exposed as a Paul Pierce hater you tried to make up for it by trying to be nice to the other posters here.  If you truly believed rame made a great post there would have been no need for you to tell him to include Oscar, Shaq, and Hakeem on the 1st tier list.
    Posted by P34

I didn't tell him to, i said i would?  I didn't see Mike Miller on the list, does that make you sad?  I wouldn't even trade Priece for him!! HAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :  I didn't tell him to, i said i would?  I didn't see Mike Miller on the list, does that make you sad?  I wouldn't even trade Priece for him!! HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic

Nice try. Unfortunately that's just you being desperate and trying to make stuff up. Let's settle this once and for all, show proof that I said I wanted to trade Ray Allen for Mike Miller. If you can do that you will never hear from me again on this board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : Nice try. Unfortunately that's just you being desperate and trying to make stuff up. Let's settle this once and for all, show proof that I said I wanted to trade Ray Allen for Mike Miller. If you can do that you will never hear from me again on this board.
    Posted by P34

You lie so much, why should i believe you this time. How's Mike doing this year anyway, i know you're still keeping up with his career. You're a closet Heat fan aren't you!! Go Mikey HAHAHA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Petey beat me to it Fierce, Bird and Jordan, are top 5 players of all time, Pierce at his best was a 3rd rate all star.

Re: All Star Embarassment

posted at 2/9/2010 8:40 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">

Petey beat me to it Fierce, Bird and Jordan, are top 5 players of all time, Pierce at his best was a 3rd rate all star.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Job well done remakeup, but where does Joe Klein fit in to the mix?
    Posted by mem17

finkel, kuberski, kite, lohaus also need a home

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Now see there,i think i have given Priece more compliments then you have!!
    That should show you that i've said alot of positive things about your boy!!

Why don't you go back to that time and show us something positive you said about him!  Oh that's right you can't, you were to worried about trying to trade Ray for Mikey!!HAHAHA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Now see there,i think i have given Priece more compliments then you have!! That should show you that i've said alot of positive things about your boy!!  Why don't you go back to that time and show us something positive you said about him!  Oh that's right you can't, you were to worried about trying to trade Ray for Mikey!!HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic

You really believe Paul Pierce is just a 3rd rate All-Star?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : You really believe Paul Pierce is just a 3rd rate All-Star?
    Posted by P34

Wonder what the fans think, who has more votes for the all star game, Ray or priece.  Even though you probably voted for him 500,000 times. HAHAHA

You better start voting for your other boy Mikey, he needs all the help you can give him.  Was there something you wanted to ask me!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Nah, you're just jealous because Pierce was an All-Star last year and Ray wasn't.

Danny Granger also didn't make the All-Star team last year. But you would trade him for Ray in a minute, right?

If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.

Re: What about Danny Granger?

posted at 2/18/2010 10:47 AM EST

If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.

We've had a couple disagreements, i don't take it personal,i hope you don't.
     Being from Belgium, i'm going to call you a super Celtic fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Mitch Richmond and Paul Pierce.  Both players have 1 NBA title, Both have scored over 20,000 points. Both career scoring ave. about 22 per game, but which of these players, has won all star MVP, was rookie of the year, and was all NBA second team 3 times?  Comparing Pierce to Mitch Richmond, is not a put down guys!!
    Posted by kyceltic
    If you watched them play AND( a big and ) knew anything about basketball, you would never ever argue that
     Mitch Richmond was anywhere near as good as Paul Pierce. Actually ,Mitch`s game was more similar to Ray`s. That being said,if you watched them play you would never, ever (again assuming you knew something about the game)think that M.R. was anywhere near as good as Ray Allen.
    Certain posters remind me of two prepubescent girls argueing about whether JohorPaulL was the cuter beatle.I`m going to assume that they don`t have the same hormonal defense as said girls. If this post unites them in attacking me and gives every body a break from the boreing Paul v.RAY BS, I`ll feelthat I`ve accomplished my mission. Fat chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Nah, you're just jealous because Pierce was an All-Star last year and Ray wasn't. Danny Granger also didn't make the All-Star team last year. But you would trade him for Ray in a minute, right?  If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it. Re: What about Danny Granger? posted at 2/18/2010 10:47 AM EST www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1269 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 1/21/2011  If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.  We've had a couple disagreements, i don't take it personal,i hope you don't.  Being from Belgium, i'm going to call you a super Celtic fan.
    Posted by P34

I would trade him for Granger for two reasons. Age and Granger is a very good player

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : If you watched them play AND( a big and ) knew anything about basketball, you would never ever argue that  Mitch Richmond was anywhere near as good as Paul Pierce. Actually ,Mitch`s game was more similar to Ray`s. That being said,if you watched them play you would never, ever (again assuming you knew something about the game)think that M.R. was anywhere near as good as Ray Allen. Certain posters remind me of two prepubescent girls argueing about whether JohorPaulL was the cuter beatle.I`m going to assume that they don`t have the same hormonal defense as said girls. If this post unites them in attacking me and gives every body a break from the boreing Paul v.RAY BS, I`ll feelthat I`ve accomplished my mission. Fat chance.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

I hope you're seeing that, kyceltic.

HAHAHA!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond :  Are you calling remeakap a bum?  Why not give the guy credit for a well thought out post. Oh i know why, because he said Ray was better than Pierce. That's okay, Pierce is better then Mike Miller!! HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic

Well thanks for the compliments

I said that Ray and Pierce will historically be equals... but both are clearly superior to Mitch Richmond... I'd take Ray over Paul if I was a team GM b/c his skills are more rare to find when you go team building

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Mitch Richmond : Well thanks for the compliments I said that Ray and Pierce will historically be equals... but both are clearly superior to Mitch Richmond... I'd take Ray over Paul if I was a team GM b/c his skills are more rare to find when you go team building
    Posted by rameakap

Enough said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'll say just a lil bit more...

Mitch was hurt and in major decline ages 33-35 while Ray has played at an all-star level those years... so you can't really say hypotheically 'what if Richmond joined KG and Paul at Ray's age'

Richmond at 25 in '91 was just as good as Ray at 25 on the '01 bucks east finals team in all stats... except..... Ray shot 43.3% from 3 and Mitch shot 34.8%...ouch.

Richmond at 29 in '95 was again almost but not quite as good as the Ray who led the sonics to round 2.

Mitch in his 91-97 prime was a 37% 3 point shooter who needed 17-19 shots a game to get 22-23 points per.

Ray those ages '00-'07 was a 41% 3 point shooter who needed the same 17-19 shots to get 23-24 points. His #'s were better for reb's, ast's, steals and FT's while being about the same for overall FG%.

What Ray is doing now, and will do for another 2-3 years, plus his ring and the fact that EVERYONE says he is one of the top 3-5 shooters of all times, put him in a class above Mitch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Mitch was 2 inches and 15 lbs smaller than Pierce and a SG not a SF so he matches up way less w/ Pierce than Ray to begin with...

He was of course nowhere near the rebounder or passer Pierce was...

what Pierce did in '02 (26p 7r 3a 2s) '03 (26p 7r 4.4a 2s) '06 (26.8p 6.7r 4.7a) Mitch couldn't touch... then at the same age Mitch was shipped to Washington for Webber, Pierce was given KG/Allen, transformed his game to WIN and was a finals MVP

If it wasn't for Danny and the trade, Pierce would have had another 3 seasons getting 24-25 points per, like Mitch age 30-32... and had another 600-800 points right now.... but maybe have not had the playoff glory and therefore be statistically more ahead but historically closer to the career of Mitch... but still easily ahead of him

Pierce is clearly a level above him in the pantheon of greats...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The main difference is that Pierce has maintained his high level of play while Richmond went downhill his last 5 or 6 years."

Wrong - though you're not too far off -  that's the second main difference. The main is that in a sport where championships define your legacy more than any other professional sport, Pierce was the centerpriece and MVP of an NBA Finals team, and outplayed Kobe Bryant, who will go down as a top ten NBA player on most lists. 

Comparing a wandering minstrel like Richmond to Pierce is indeed an insult and reflects a misunderstanding of how basketball legacies are built - in the finals. Otherwise Wilt Chamberlain would be thought of as the superior player to Bill Russell, whereas most see it otherwise. 

Richmond though was a very good player. Comparing Pierce to Bird is a bit of a stretch and no serious student of the game would do this. Where it happens is that some have said Pierce is a more complete offensive player than Bird, and you can make that argument, though I wouldn't. But that's not the same as saying Pierce is in Bird's class. He shared Bird's passion for the Celtics but otherwise we all know Bird is at another level. No insult to Paul to say that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

" The main difference is that Pierce has maintained his high level of play while Richmond went downhill his last 5 or 6 years." Wrong - though you're not too far off -  that's the second main difference. The main is that in a sport where championships define your legacy more than any other professional sport, Pierce was the centerpriece and MVP of an NBA Finals team, and outplayed Kobe Bryant, who will go down as a top ten NBA player on most lists.  Comparing a wandering minstrel like Richmond to Pierce is indeed an insult and reflects a misunderstanding of how basketball legacies are built - in the finals. Otherwise Wilt Chamberlain would be thought of as the superior player to Bill Russell, whereas most see it otherwise.  Richmond though was a very good player. Comparing Pierce to Bird is a bit of a stretch and no serious student of the game would do this. Where it happens is that some have said Pierce is a more complete offensive player than Bird, and you can make that argument, though I wouldn't. But that's not the same as saying Pierce is in Bird's class. He shared Bird's passion for the Celtics but otherwise we all know Bird is at another level. No insult to Paul to say that. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

the gap between Bird and Pierce is about the same as the gap between Pierce and Richmond

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

" The main difference is that Pierce has maintained his high level of play while Richmond went downhill his last 5 or 6 years." Wrong - though you're not too far off -  that's the second main difference. The main is that in a sport where championships define your legacy more than any other professional sport, Pierce was the centerpriece and MVP of an NBA Finals team, and outplayed Kobe Bryant, who will go down as a top ten NBA player on most lists.  Comparing a wandering minstrel like Richmond to Pierce is indeed an insult and reflects a misunderstanding of how basketball legacies are built - in the finals. Otherwise Wilt Chamberlain would be thought of as the superior player to Bill Russell, whereas most see it otherwise.  Richmond though was a very good player. Comparing Pierce to Bird is a bit of a stretch and no serious student of the game would do this. Where it happens is that some have said Pierce is a more complete offensive player than Bird, and you can make that argument, though I wouldn't. But that's not the same as saying Pierce is in Bird's class. He shared Bird's passion for the Celtics but otherwise we all know Bird is at another level. No insult to Paul to say that. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Actually that is what i said in my post, I said comparing Pierce to Bird, would be like comparing Mitch Richmond to Jordan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Reality check; Michael Jordan said Mitch Richmond was the 2nd best shooting guard in the league after himself, and this was while they were still playing against each other. Mitch played alone on horrible Sacramento teams and is easily a hall of fame player.  Anyone saying he isn't that good, or that Pierce isn't "only" a Mitch Richmond type player is either too young to remember him or a fool.  He was a baller...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

That's a good picture of Rocky Marciano. I watched a good documentary about his life on t.v about 6 monts ago. Off the basketball subject, but Rocky is worthy of the brief switch of topics.

Sections
Shortcuts