Mock Draft Scenario

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Mock Draft Scenario

1. Magic select Wiggins

2. 76ers select Parker

3. Bucks select Embiid

4. Jazz select Exum

5. Celtics select Smart

If the above scenario plays out, would you go into total rebuild mode and trade Rondo and Green for Milwakee's Embiid pick and expiring contracts (of Butler, Udoh, Ridnour)?

Put a max offer on Hayward and move forward with:

Smart / Pressey

Bradley / Seldon

Hayward / Wallace

Sullinger / Bass / Olynyk

Embiid / Favarani

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Mock Draft Scenario

The point of this scenario is that I don't really see a way for the Celtics to draft at 5 (with Paker, Wiggins, Exum and Embiid taken) with a Rondo-lead team. I don't see how Randall fits. Smart isn't a good enough shooter to play next to Rondo. Gordon and Vonleh are undersized PFs and we already have Sullinger and Olynyk at the PF spot. Cauley-Stein has upside, but isn't good enough to take at the 5th overall pick. I like McDermott and Hood, but it would also be a waste of a pick to chose them so high.

Perhaps Randall could be traded to a team for pieces in return, like multiple picks from the Suns or you could draft Smart and find a trade with Orlando where you get Afflalo and Harkless in return...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Embiid is going *1 if he comes out (remember I first said it).   No team would trade him away!   NEXT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Agree Embiid will be #1.  We would HAVE to take Randle at 5........Hood from 6-9, and WCS after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A good scenario for me is Celtics getting the #1 pick... even if they are in the 4-7 range as far as record, and taking Embiid.

Then Sacramento at like pick 4-6 trades for Rondo if Smart, the player we know Ainge wants to replace him, is there.

Rondo and Bass for Sacramento's pick, Marcus Thornton and either Thompson or Williams, whoever Danny wants more, to make the $ work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo to Detroit also works. Reunited with his boy Smith. Rondo-Caldwell Pope-Green-Smith-Drummond would be a scary crew.

Rondo and Jeff Green for Greg Monroe (QO at 5.5) , Brandon Jennings (8m) and the expiring contract of Jerebko.

This would be a good scenario at draft day if the C's got Wiggins or Parker.

Jennings-Avery-Wiggins/Parker-Sully-Monroe is a good foundation.

With Pressey, Olynyk, Favarani and whoever else we draft in the teens as youth on the bench. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

If they can't get Embiid with the first pick, Cauley-Smith with the second pick would be nice. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

The Celtics need a top-3 pick in the worst way. Embiid is number one and continues to climb after his 13 point, 11 rebound, and 8 block (!!!!) night against Oklahoma State. If the Celtics got the number one pick that's who they should take. They have a glaring need at 5 and might have gotten the best propsect at that position in quite some time (depends on what you label Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins). 

Top-10 board for me looks like:

Embiid
    Wiggins
    Parker
    Smart
    Randle (don't really need him though)
    Exum (I need to see more, but based off what scouts say he should be here)
    Grant (Not many guys that are 6'7" have a 7'2" wingspan, plus his bloodlines are great)
    Hood (great shooter, but can he do anything else?)
    Selden (if he comes out)
    Vonleh (tough to pick my 10th)

Guys rising:
    Ennis (Freshman of the year right now)
    McDermott (can he score against quicker defenders?)
    Anderson (literally does everything for UCLA, but can he defend?)

Not moving:
    Cauley-Stein (looks lost on offense still)
    Chris Walker (because he hasn't played)
    Gordon (plus defender, super athletic, can't s-h-o-o-t)
    Gary Harris (wish he s-h-o-t better from 3, plus defender for his size)

Guys falling:
    James Young (I'm getting an Austin Rivers vibe)
    Harrell (wish he'd figure out some sort of post move)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

WE will not draft high enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

nobody answered the question.

Do you really think the Magic select Embiid over Parker or Wiggins? What reality do you live it? You all see to live/die to the mantra "take the best player available". That does not always happen. Magic aren't going to have Vucevic and Embiid on their team, and Vuc is way more developed that Embiid.

I'd say the same about the Jazz, Kings and potentially 76ers.

Ya'll drooling over Embiid because the Celtics only legit Center in the last 5 years has been KG. 

Also, I peg it at a 40% chance Embiid stays in school another year. He is still learning english and according to his latest interview still "learning how to eat right" ... seems like he's not ready for the NBA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you really think the Magic select Embiid over Parker or Wiggins? What reality do you live it? You all see to live/die to the mantra "take the best player available". That does not always happen. Magic aren't going to have Vucevic and Embiid on their team, and Vuc is way more developed that Embiid.

Ya'll drooling over Embiid because the Celtics only legit Center in the last 5 years has been KG. 

Also, I peg it at a 40% chance Embiid stays in school another year. He is still learning english and according to his latest interview still "learning how to eat right" ... seems like he's not ready for the NBA

[/QUOTE]

The Magic will take Marcus Smart, I believe. Not worried about that.

As for your question.....

If the lottery shakes out like that and the Celtics get that #5 pick you'd have to take smart based on what's available. The Celtics don't need Randle, and Smart is more proven than Exum. 

I think you'd have to see how Rondo is physically by the end of the year. . But if you could get the Bucks to take Rondo and Green for Embiid plus expiring, I think you'd have to do it. Who says Rondo stays with the Bucks after the contract is up? Could go somewhere else, which would make the Bucks feel stupid. Would assume he'd have to sign an extention to make that trade work. But if DA feels confident in letting Smart develop as a 1 or 2 then I think it's a no brainer. You address two positions of need with top-5 picks. You then put it in the hands of Stevens, Adams, etc to transform these guys into the players you think they should be. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Magic will take Marcus Smart, I believe. Not worried about that.

As for your question.....

If the lottery shakes out like that and the Celtics get that #5 pick you'd have to take smart based on what's available. The Celtics don't need Randle, and Smart is more proven than Exum. 

I think you'd have to see how Rondo is physically by the end of the year. . But if you could get the Bucks to take Rondo and Green for Embiid plus expiring, I think you'd have to do it. Who says Rondo stays with the Bucks after the contract is up? Could go somewhere else, which would make the Bucks feel stupid. Would assume he'd have to sign an extention to make that trade work. But if DA feels confident in letting Smart develop as a 1 or 2 then I think it's a no brainer. You address two positions of need with top-5 picks. You then put it in the hands of Stevens, Adams, etc to transform these guys into the players you think they should be. 

[/QUOTE]

The C's are currently tied for 4th worst record with Utah(who is 5-5 in their last 10),  and could be looking at 3rd worst with another win by Philly and loss by us.

No way do they do worse(or better) than 3rd though as that belongs to Orlando at 2,  and Milwaukee owning the #1 spot with 7 W's thus far this season.

If the ping pong balls drop the way they SHOULD...  we're looking at difference maker on the squad next year of Embiid,  Parker or Wiggins.  Me like!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't like Smart at all can't choot and not that athelitic. Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, and Randle will be the first 4 picks, Exum probably 5th .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Kansas Jayhawks center Joel Embiid is Los Angeles Lakers fan.

In the past few weeks, Kansas Jayhawks big man Joel Embiid has put himself in consideration for the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Of course, he’d need to leap over Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins for that to happen but given his recent play, that doesn’t seem all that unlikely.

One team who’ll likely be in the Embiid sweepstakes (assuming things continue to go south) are the Los Angeles Lakers who sit at 16-25 and will undoubtedly find themselves as participates in the NBA lottery. That’s good news for the Kansas center though as Embiid appears to be a Lakers fan.

The Cameroonian college basketball who attended high school in Florida (with a hat tip to @DrewUnga ) tweeted out ‘his’ Lakers were rolling last year during the final few weeks of the NBA’s regular season.

My Lakers are rollin

Of course, this doesn’t mean much in the long run considering Embiid can’t play where he wants and the Lakers have no control over their draft order, but sounds like we know where Embiid would like to go if the choice was his.

If any teams draft him maybe they will lose him to the Lakers in his prime...

http://fansided.com/2014/01/20/kansas-jayhawks-center-joel-embiid-los-angeles-lakers-fan/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the past few weeks, Kansas Jayhawks big man Joel Embiid has put himself in consideration for the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Of course, he’d need to leap over Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins for that to happen but given his recent play, that doesn’t seem all that unlikely.

One team who’ll likely be in the Embiid sweepstakes (assuming things continue to go south) are the Los Angeles Lakers who sit at 16-25 and will undoubtedly find themselves as participates in the NBA lottery. That’s good news for the Kansas center though as Embiid appears to be a Lakers fan.

The Cameroonian college basketball who attended high school in Florida (with a hat tip to @DrewUnga ) tweeted out ‘his’ Lakers were rolling last year during the final few weeks of the NBA’s regular season.

My Lakers are rollin

Of course, this doesn’t mean much in the long run considering Embiid can’t play where he wants and the Lakers have no control over their draft order, but sounds like we know where Embiid would like to go if the choice was his.

http://fansided.com/2014/01/20/kansas-jayhawks-center-joel-embiid-los-angeles-lakers-fan/

[/QUOTE]

What's your point?  Paul Pierce was a lakers fan, too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's your point?  Paul Pierce was a lakers fan, too!

[/QUOTE]

Drooling for something he can't have?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My Lakers are rollin

[/QUOTE]

Umm...  does'nt that always happen anyway?   Wilt,  Kareem, MacAdoo,  Shaq,  Gasol,  Howard.  The NBA is a farm system for future centers for the L.A. Lakers.  The Yankee method,  if you can't win titles on your own...  buy them.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MustangBri's comment:

[QUOTE]

Umm...  does'nt that always happen anyway?   Wilt,  Kareem, MacAdoo,  Shaq,  Gasol, Howard.  The NBA is a farm system for future centers for the L.A. Lakers.  The Yankee method,  if you can't win titles on your own...  buy them.

[/QUOTE]

Howard left the Lakers.

The NBA WAS a farm system for future Centers for the L.A. Lakers.

Right now the Lakers have Jimmy Buss running the show, calling the shots.

So the Lakers will be irrelevant for a very, very long time.

Dwight Howard walked away from 30m because he didn't want to be a part of Jimmy Buss' Lakers.

Enough said.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean calling the chots??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Magic might notwant to take Embiid, but they would at least make a move to trade down to 2/3 for a team in those spots who does want him and get a future lotto pick or young asset.

Like what they did with CWebb in '93 when they had Shaq and moved him for Penny.