mock drafts lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

mock drafts lol

this one has us taking 3 PGs, arguably our most solid position going into the off-season.

http://thehoopsreport.com/draft.aspx

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Re: mock drafts lol

In Response to mock drafts lol:
    this one has us taking 3 PGs, arguably our most solid position going into the off-season. http://thehoopsreport.com/draft.aspx
    Posted by kaktug

They have Fab Melo going 29th. I gaurantee he falls that far we take him at 18.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

That has got to be one of the strangest mock drafts I've seen.

With Meyers Leonard and Arnett Moultrie, two outstanding prospects at center still available, they have us taking a point guard.  If either of these two make it that far I can't see us passing up the opportunity to take a center who could probably play right away.

Leonard could be close to going as a lottery pick and both he and Moultrie should go within the first 15 or so picks so I don't know where this mock draft gets it's ideas.

Marshall is going to end up starting somewhere within a year or two, so maybe they're guessing we will part with Rondo.  I doubt it.

Melo could possibly go 1st round, but I've seen a lot of him at Syracuse and he's going to be a big project.  I think he'll go early in round two.  I don't think he'll ever earn a regular starting spot on an NBA roster.  His size might help him get a look in a few places though.

Regards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

nbadraft.net has them taking Zeller from Carolina and someone named Andrew Nicholson out of St. Bonny's....  next year with Rondo, 25 wins and away we go starting the rebuilding process....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

with 2 second round picks, i'm curious to see if we trade up to try and get one of those very early 2nd round picks. someone decent often falls to the very beginning of the 2nd round. and with so much roster space available next year, we can use plenty of young legs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol:
    with 2 second round picks, i'm curious to see if we trade up to try and get one of those very early 2nd round picks. someone decent often falls to the very beginning of the 2nd round. and with so much roster space available next year, we can use plenty of young legs!
    Posted by kaktug

Plenty of good young players fall to the beginning of the second round and Danny routinely passes on them.....  you could build a really competitive of players that Danny has left on the board over the years, DeAndre Jordan at center with Varejao as his back up, Diaw at small or powerforward, Dragic and Chalmers at the point, (throw in Pecovik and Asik off the bench), Chris Douglas Roberts or Landry Fields at the small forward...

just last year he traded Marshon Brooks is a better player than JuJuan Johnson and still left Norris Cole on the board.....

Either way, there will be impact players coming to Boston either through the draft or via trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

or free agency. i'm not too worried about another 20 year drought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

or free agency. i'm not too worried about another 20 year drought.
    Posted by kaktug

They were quite good into the late 80s and even into the early 90s.  They had a pretty team around the turn of the century with emp 8 and Pierce, etc. but not good enough.  So they had some good teams and some bad teams and have also been mismanaged at times.

Danny will have a two part legacy - assembling the BIG 3 and dismantling the BIG 3....there was a time not too long ago people thought Joe Dumars was perhaps going to replace Einstein and Hawkings as perhaps the world's greatest mind but funny how a GM loses stars and thinks he can turn it around quickly by trying to replace stars with less than stars and then guarantees his team a decade of mediocrity.  I would guess that most would suggest at this point that Dumars is one of the worst GMs in the league.   Let's hope Danny does not go that route.  Blow it up, let it bottom out and then give the Memphis, OKC, Minn route a chance - be really really bad, get really really good players in the draft and then start surprising people - what once were automatic Ws are now teams that you want no part of if you are the opponents.  How would you like to be Minnesota right now with perhaps the strongest guy in the league at center, Love, Beasly, Williams as your forwards, and Rubio to get them the ball and make 85% of his foul shots, and making routine jumpers and 3s, etc.  You don't Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden, etc. by being mediocre, you don't get Conley, Gay, Mayo, etc. by getting dismissed in the first round of the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

nbadraft.net has them taking Zeller from Carolina and someone named Andrew Nicholson out of St. Bonny's....  next year with Rondo, 25 wins and away we go starting the rebuilding process....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

That would be a decent draft.  I only saw Nicholson play in the one tournament game but he looked like a pretty polished player.  My concern is that he might fall into the 3-4 tweener situation, where he doesn't have a true position but for a guy his size he has excellent range.

The concern with Zeller is that b/c he has played with other highly talented guys on the front line, that his production may be a little inflated but I think he is certainly worth taking at that spot in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In Response to mock drafts lol:
    Some of the mock drafts at this time have a disclaimer on the beginning of their mocks stating they have not taken into consideration team needs. The mock drafts are putting a draft position to the potential prospects.
    Posted by greenmuse

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : That would be a decent draft.  I only saw Nicholson play in the one tournament game but he looked like a pretty polished player.  My concern is that he might fall into the 3-4 tweener situation, where he doesn't have a true position but for a guy his size he has excellent range. The concern with Zeller is that b/c he has played with other highly talented guys on the front line, that his production may be a little inflated but I think he is certainly worth taking at that spot in the draft.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Cooollll... so getting a tweener and someone that cannot compete at his position is a good draft........ cool.....  I cannot wait to see them lose 55 games and throw another year away and have everyone cross their fingers that they can somehow get a legit player in the next draft..........  it reminds me of the commercial - I strive for mediocrity, I am working my way up to middle management......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Cooollll... so getting a tweener and someone that cannot compete at his position is a good draft........ cool.....  I cannot wait to see them lose 55 games and throw another year away and have everyone cross their fingers that they can somehow get a legit player in the next draft..........  it reminds me of the commercial - I strive for mediocrity, I am working my way up to middle management......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Wow, you are a ray of sunshine.  With that winning attitude people will probably promote you just to get rid of you.

It is the NBA draft, when you are drafting at 20+, you probably aren't going to get too many future All-stars so you try to address needs/depth and/or get lucky.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Wow, you are a ray of sunshine.  With that winning attitude people will probably promote you just to get rid of you. It is the NBA draft, when you are drafting at 20+, you probably aren't going to get too many future All-stars so you try to address needs/depth and/or get lucky.

Not sure how long you have been posting here but most on this board believe that Danny drafts the best player in the draft each and every year.... the year Delonte West was drafted a poster here suggested that I attempt to name to at least one point guard in the division that was better than Delonte West - my responses were Stephon Marbury for the Knicks, Jason Kidd for the Nets, TJ Ford for the Raptors, and Allen Iverson for the 6ers.......  there is absolutely no objectivity on this board........  there was a time on this board when people were suggesting that along with Pierce that Perkins, Jefferson, Greene, Green, West, Allen, etc. were going to contend...........

My overall point is to start the rebuilding process as soon as possible, as soon as possible does not include trying to rebuild while trying to contend - the are mutually exclusive events but nobody on this board is even able to attempt to contemplate it let alone believe it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : They were quite good into the late 80s and even into the early 90s.  They had a pretty team around the turn of the century with emp 8 and Pierce, etc. but not good enough.  So they had some good teams and some bad teams and have also been mismanaged at times. Danny will have a two part legacy - assembling the BIG 3 and dismantling the BIG 3....there was a time not too long ago people thought Joe Dumars was perhaps going to replace Einstein and Hawkings as perhaps the world's greatest mind but funny how a GM loses stars and thinks he can turn it around quickly by trying to replace stars with less than stars and then guarantees his team a decade of mediocrity.  I would guess that most would suggest at this point that Dumars is one of the worst GMs in the league.   Let's hope Danny does not go that route.  Blow it up, let it bottom out and then give the Memphis, OKC, Minn route a chance - be really really bad, get really really good players in the draft and then start surprising people - what once were automatic Ws are now teams that you want no part of if you are the opponents.  How would you like to be Minnesota right now with perhaps the strongest guy in the league at center, Love, Beasly, Williams as your forwards, and Rubio to get them the ball and make 85% of his foul shots, and making routine jumpers and 3s, etc.  You don't Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden, etc. by being mediocre, you don't get Conley, Gay, Mayo, etc. by getting dismissed in the first round of the playoffs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

DeAndre Jordan You're kidding right? He was drafted 35th. Which 

A) destroyes your repeated claim that their are never good centers after the top ten draft picks happen. and 

B) Means that all 30 of the Gm's in this league passed on him and 4 did so twice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Not sure how long you have been posting here but most on this board believe that Danny drafts the best player in the draft each and every year.... the year Delonte West was drafted a poster here suggested that I attempt to name to at least one point guard in the division that was better than Delonte West - my responses were Stephon Marbury for the Knicks, Jason Kidd for the Nets, TJ Ford for the Raptors, and Allen Iverson for the 6ers.......  there is absolutely no objectivity on this board........  there was a time on this board when people were suggesting that along with Pierce that Perkins, Jefferson, Greene, Green, West, Allen, etc. were going to contend........... My overall point is to start the rebuilding process as soon as possible, as soon as possible does not include trying to rebuild while trying to contend - the are mutually exclusive events but nobody on this board is even able to attempt to contemplate it let alone believe it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

First off Danny has done a pretty good job drafting late where sure things are rarer. Secondly we are in excellent poition to rebuil as Danny has lots of money to spend next year with two draft picks in a loaded draft. If he signs the KG two an cap frinedly contract next year the C's could very well be very competitve and if they aren't it is low risk as the Celtics will still have cap flexability the following year.

Danny is in good shape. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : My overall point is to start the rebuilding process as soon as possible, as soon as possible does not include trying to rebuild while trying to contend - the are mutually exclusive events but nobody on this board is even able to attempt to contemplate it let alone believe it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

It is true that it is very easy to get stuck in the mediocrity cycle in the NBA, if you try to both rebuild and contend.  The Celts could certainly maintain a playoff caliber team for the next few years but probably not one that can legitimately challenge MIA or CHI.

So is the alternative to get in the lottery and hope for ping pong ball luck?  Lure a superstar FA to Boston?  Both of those are pretty risky paths.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : DeAndre Jordan You're kidding right? He was drafted 35th. Which  A) destroyes your repeated claim that their are never good centers after the top ten draft picks happen. and  B) Means that all 30 of the Gm's in this league passed on him and 4 did so twice.
    Posted by jtkl

The name DeAndrade Jordan does not show up in my post anywhere so I guess I am back to where I was originally.  Hibbert was drafted 17th and was an all-star this year but I believe that was basically because Lopez was hurt most of the year, I believe in Lopez's first game back he scored 38 points.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : It is true that it is very easy to get stuck in the mediocrity cycle in the NBA, if you try to both rebuild and contend.  The Celts could certainly maintain a playoff caliber team for the next few years but probably not one that can legitimately challenge MIA or CHI. So is the alternative to get in the lottery and hope for ping pong ball luck?  Lure a superstar FA to Boston?  Both of those are pretty risky paths.

It is not the alternative path, it is simply the only path..... every player you get in the lottery is likely to be better than the one currently playing the position on your current roster.

I think I am going with the risky path as opposed to perpetuating mediocrity.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Plenty of good young players fall to the beginning of the second round and Danny routinely passes on them.....  you could build a really competitive of players that Danny has left on the board over the years, DeAndre Jordan at center with Varejao as his back up, 
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Here is where you mentioned Jordan. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : It is not the alternative path, it is simply the only path..... every player you get in the lottery is likely to be better than the one currently playing the position on your current roster. I think I am going with the risky path as opposed to perpetuating mediocrity.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Lopez can score but he is a terrible rebounder. IN the admittedly little I have seen he doesn't look like a great defender either. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : First off Danny has done a pretty good job drafting late where sure things are rarer. Secondly we are in excellent poition to rebuil as Danny has lots of money to spend next year with two draft picks in a loaded draft. If he signs the KG two an cap frinedly contract next year the C's could very well be very competitve and if they aren't it is low risk as the Celtics will still have cap flexability the following year. Danny is in good shape. 
    Posted by jtkl

That is a nice general perspective unless of course if you look at the details are able to actually think........  but again, thanks for playing......  not sure if you have noticed but young stars want to play with young stars... the Cs will will have about 18 million under the cap after they sign their draft picks and have $35million under contract for next year against a cap of $57 million, so after signing a few draft picks they will have ZERO players that would attract superstars, without which you cannot compete, and be stuck signing a bunch of has been / wannabes to fill the roster which will fulfill the mediocrity concept.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : That is a nice general perspective unless of course if you look at the details are able to actually think........  but again, thanks for playing......  not sure if you have noticed but young stars want to play with young stars... the Cs will will have about 18 million under the cap after they sign their draft picks and have $35million under contract for next year against a cap of $57 million, so after signing a few draft picks they will have ZERO players that would attract superstars, without which you cannot compete, and be stuck signing a bunch of has been / wannabes to fill the roster which will fulfill the mediocrity concept.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You're right one should think and look at the details. Luckily I am here to do that for the both of us. 

First off, the actual cap should rise to about 61 million next year not 54 million.

Secondly, before the Celtics sign their draft picks they will have about 28 million in cap space. 

Thirdly, first round draft pick Avery Bradley makes about 1.5 million and first round pick of the Cavs and the first pick of the ENTIRE DRAFT only makes about 5 million since the Celtics ain't drafting until at least 12th or  likely much higher we should only take about five million off the cap for the new rookies. 

That leaves 23 million in space.  You're welcome Dudder. Anytime you need help thinking just let me know. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

MIn Response to Re: mock drafts lol:
    In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : It is not the alternative path, it is simply the only path..... every player you get in the lottery is likely to be better than the one currently playing the position on your current roster. I think I am going with the risky path as opposed to perpetuating mediocrity.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

So you propose the Celtics tank a season or 2?  Management won't ever do that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol :  You're right one should think and look at the details. Luckily I am here to do that for the both of us.  First off the actual cap should rise to about 61 million next year not 54 million  Secondly, before the Celtics sign their draft picks they will have about 28 million in cap space. First round draft pick Avery Bradley makes about 1.5 million and first round pick of the Cavs and the first pick of the ENTIRE DRAFT only makes about 5 million since the Celtics ain't drafting until at least 12th or  likely much higher we should take about five million off the cap for rookies leaving, 23 million in space.  You're welcome Dudder. Anytime you need help thinking just let me know. 
    Posted by jtkl

They have 34 million under contract next year combined for only 6 players before adding draft picks, the cap will be about $57 or $58 million, by defintion they will not have 23 million in space....  so they need to add 6 or 7 players with 23 million... again thanks for playing..... also when discussing worse players in the draft they are referred to lower not higher draft picks... high draft picks are drafted at the beginning of the draft... lower draft picks, or what the team is used to telling us are all-stars, are drafted later in the draft....

When push comes to shove young stars want to play with young stars, the Cs have ummmm.... no young stars and therefore the Joe Dumars rule comes into effect.... get players that fans think may make them better, draft mediocre players, and be a worse team much later than you would have been otherwise and delay the rebuilding process.... but in your tiny mind that is ok....  so good luck thinking Moore, Johnson, Bradley, and a couple of stiffs from this year's draft will be the core of the future..... nobody on the existing roster will ever win a title with this team and nobody currently in college will win a title with this team,  my guess is that the next person that will be the main reason the Cs win a title is still in Jr. High and of course completely unable to read and write.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : They have 34 million under contract next year combined for only 6 players before adding draft picks, the cap will be about $57 or $58 million, by defintion they will not have 23 million in space....  so they need to add 6 or 7 players with 23 million... again thanks for playing..... also when discussing worse players in the draft they are referred to lower not higher draft picks... high draft picks are drafted at the beginning of the draft... lower draft picks, or what the team is used to telling us are all-stars, are drafted later in the draft.... When push comes to shove young stars want to play with young stars, the Cs have ummmm.... no young stars and therefore the Joe Dumars rule comes into effect.... get players that fans think may make them better, draft mediocre players, and be a worse team much later than you would have been otherwise and delay the rebuilding process.... but in your tiny mind that is ok....  so good luck thinking Moore, Johnson, Bradley, and a couple of stiffs from this year's draft will be the core of the future..... nobody on the existing roster will ever win a title with this team and nobody currently in college will win a title with this team,  my guess is that the next person that will be the main reason the Cs win a title is still in Jr. High and of course completely unable to read and write.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

The cap will be about 61 million not 57 million. This is the second time you have gotten that wrong. You need to work on reading comprehension. 

Secondly Irving the HIGHEST (as in first player drafted last year) only makes five million a year. so around 15-20 range where the Celtics will probably be drafting we are looking at no more than 5 million total for two draft picks of the 28 million in cap space we have.  

leaving 23 million! and also adding two new players to fill out the roster for a total of 8.

The celtics bench now players 10-15 only adds up to about 5 million. 

You are also neglecting we have bird rights on any players we want to keep to go over the cap. 

Oops  sorry dudder it's that reality thing biting you again.

Sections
Shortcuts