mock drafts lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: mock drafts lol

In Response to Re: mock drafts lol:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : It is true that it is very easy to get stuck in the mediocrity cycle in the NBA, if you try to both rebuild and contend.  The Celts could certainly maintain a playoff caliber team for the next few years but probably not one that can legitimately challenge MIA or CHI. So is the alternative to get in the lottery and hope for ping pong ball luck?  Lure a superstar FA to Boston?  Both of those are pretty risky paths.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Dudder never has anything positive to say about the celtics.He pretends to be a celtic fan.What a fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : The cap will be about 61 million not 57 million. This is the second time you have gotten that wrong. You need to work on reading comprehension.  Secondly Irving the HIGHEST (as in first player drafted last year) only makes five million a year. so around 15-20 range where the Celtics will probably be drafting we are looking at no more than 5 million total for two draft picks of the 28 million in cap space we have.   leaving 23 million! and also adding two new players to fill out the roster for a total of 8. The celtics bench now players 10-15 only adds up to about 5 million.  You are also neglecting we have bird rights on any players we want to keep to go over the cap.    Oops  sorry dudder it's that reality thing biting you again.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Again, they have 34 million under contract, the cap will be 57 or 58 million, they will have 3 draft picks to sign, that will leave them with about 23 million to sign, they have nobody that is attractive in terms of signing and playing with... we of course have the bird rights to make sure that we keep players that make sure that we stay as one of the in between teams that cannot compete and cannot get actual get letigtimate players in the draft.... so what is it again that you are actually are trying to say?

THE CS HAVE NOBODY THAT ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY WAY WITH

THEY HAVE HAVE NO YOUNG TALENT

THEY WILL GET NO YOUNG TALENT IN THE DRAFT

THEY CAN SIGN ALL OF THEIR OWN PLAYERS FOR WHATEVER THEY DECIDE THEY WANT TO PAY THEM WHICH ENSURES THAT THEY CANNOT COMPETE.....

Do you even understand what is going on here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Again, they have 34 million under contract, the cap will be 57 or 58 million, they will have 3 draft picks to sign, that will leave them with about 23 million to sign, they have nobody that is attractive in terms of signing and playing with... we of course have the bird rights to make sure that we keep players that make sure that we stay as one of the in between teams that cannot compete and cannot get actual get letigtimate players in the draft.... so what is it again that you are actually are trying to say? THE CS HAVE NOBODY THAT ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY WAY WITH THEY HAVE HAVE NO YOUNG TALENT THEY WILL GET NO YOUNG TALENT IN THE DRAFT THEY CAN SIGN ALL OF THEIR OWN PLAYERS FOR WHATEVER THEY DECIDE THEY WANT TO PAY THEM WHICH ENSURES THAT THEY CANNOT COMPETE..... Do you even understand what is going on here?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

So again, what is your ideal scenario?  That they trade Rondo? Pierce? To free up cap space or get younger?  That they tank next year and hope the ping pong balls bounce right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Again, they have 34 million under contract, the cap will be 57 or 58 million, they will have 3 draft picks to sign, that will leave them with about 23 million to sign, they have nobody that is attractive in terms of signing and playing with... we of course have the bird rights to make sure that we keep players that make sure that we stay as one of the in between teams that cannot compete and cannot get actual get letigtimate players in the draft.... so what is it again that you are actually are trying to say? THE CS HAVE NOBODY THAT ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY WAY WITH THEY HAVE HAVE NO YOUNG TALENT THEY WILL GET NO YOUNG TALENT IN THE DRAFT THEY CAN SIGN ALL OF THEIR OWN PLAYERS FOR WHATEVER THEY DECIDE THEY WANT TO PAY THEM WHICH ENSURES THAT THEY CANNOT COMPETE..... Do you even understand what is going on here?

Again the Cap will be 61 million. Third time the charm perhaps? say it three times fast it'll stick. Three rookies will cost no more than 5 million total. 800k for a second round pick two million each for first. 

Also according to a players survey the Celtics have the 12th best player to build around in the league, in Rondo. That's not me, a sports writer or a GM saying that. It is what the PLAYERS THEMSELVES THINK! So no matter how much you hate Rondo lots of players think he is pretty good.

Also players love Dov Rivers and would love to have him as a coach. And finally The Celtics have enough money to sign one all star caliber player easily and address other needs. most quality role players can be had for 3-7 million.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Again the Cap will be 61 million. Third time the charm perhaps? say it three times fast it'll stick.  Also according to a players survey the Celtics have the 12th best player to build around in the league, in Rondo. That's not me, a sports writer or a GM saying that. It is what the PLAYERS THEMSELVES THINK! So no matter how much you hate Rondo lots of players think he is pretty good. Also players love Dov Rivers and would love to have him as a coach. And finally The Celtics have enough money to sign one all star caliber player easily and address other needs. most quality role players can be had for 3-7 million.  
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

http://hoopdata.com/salaries/index.aspx

most players think Rondo is pretty good....Danny heard CLICK every time he lifted the phone.....  58 million.... the Cs have money to sign one all star player...."hey we have no future, nobody you want to play with with over the long run, we have nobody that will ever be an all-star".. so please come play with us.. we guarantee that you will be really cold, you will not be an all-star, you will not win a title, but you will play with a point guard that cannot shoot, get to to the line, make jumpers, or 3s and will do whatever he can to inflate his stats to pass the ball to hall of fame jump shooters..... we also have a whole bunch of late first round picks that cannot play so if you have to go play with great young stars with cap space go ahead but we'd really love to have you...  sorryyy,,,, gotta go change my dependds again........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : http://hoopdata.com/salaries/index.aspx most players think Rondo is pretty good....Danny heard CLICK every time he lifted the phone.....  58 million.... the Cs have money to sign one all star player...."hey we have no future, nobody you want to play with with over the long run, we have nobody that will ever be an all-star".. so please come play with us.. we guarantee that you will be really cold, you will not be an all-star, you will not win a title, but you will play with a point guard that cannot shoot, get to to the line, make jumpers, or 3s and will do whatever he can to inflate his stats to pass the ball to hall of fame jump shooters..... we also have a whole bunch of late first round picks that cannot play so if you have to go play with great young stars with cap space go ahead but we'd really love to have you...  sorryyy,,,, gotta go change my dependds again........

Uhh who hung up on Danny Please tell us who in your imaginary world did this? He couldn't trade him at the price he wanted which was very high. (you know Chris Paul.) 

Secondly even if it is true So what? Does OJ Mayo goes ask his GM if he should play with Rondo. What is important is the PLAYERS Think HE is good and since THEY are the free agents Their opinion is the important one. 

Nope the Celtics have the Cap space to sign quality free agents retain some of their own effective talent and build around one the best point guards in the league. Future looks good. I know that eats you alive :) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : http://hoopdata.com/salaries/index.aspx

Your link is prior to the actual contract being negotiated and signed! It is a guess before the actual contract. 

You know dudder this reminds me of the time you were posting fantasy league rankings to prove Rondo wasn't good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : DeAndre Jordan You're kidding right? He was drafted 35th. Which  A) destroyes your repeated claim that their are never good centers after the top ten draft picks happen. and  B) Means that all 30 of the Gm's in this league passed on him and 4 did so twice.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

But of course he posted back then that Danny should draft him..right???
    show us the post when you claimed as much draft acumen as you claim now, without hindsight...
    What were his recommendations for the draft during those years...id like to see it. or how about now..what are your recommendations for this up coming draft??
    Inspire us with your extraordinary ,can't miss, intellect..notWink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/762642-nba-ranking-all-30-starting-centers#/articles/762642-nba-ranking-all-30-starting-centers/page/4

this list is full of centers drafted in middle rounds and even second round..
    some drafted early as 1# Odom, #2 Thabeet, #6 Monroe don't even make the list...so drafting is not an excact science...but of course some will claim that it its...Mcgee was drafter 18th, and Gortat was drafted in the second round! Some have been traded more than once..which says that the Celtics do not have to be in the top five to get quality players. does it help, of course, but not entirely necessary. Danny has been stock piling picks to make a major move next year..
    By the way, your (DUDDER)favorite player (Perk) is ranked in the top ten...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Not sure how long you have been posting here but most on this board believe that Danny drafts the best player in the draft each and every year.... the year Delonte West was drafted a poster here suggested that I attempt to name to at least one point guard in the division that was better than Delonte West - my responses were Stephon Marbury for the Knicks, Jason Kidd for the Nets, TJ Ford for the Raptors, and Allen Iverson for the 6ers.......  there is absolutely no objectivity on this board........  there was a time on this board when people were suggesting that along with Pierce that Perkins, Jefferson, Greene, Green, West, Allen, etc. were going to contend........... My overall point is to start the rebuilding process as soon as possible, as soon as possible does not include trying to rebuild while trying to contend - the are mutually exclusive events but nobody on this board is even able to attempt to contemplate it let alone believe it.
    Yes,and i remember your response when somebody said Al Jefferson at 14 and Perk at 28 were great picks...and your response was that the mighty Rafael Araujo,Hilton Armstron Shelden Williams,Ike Diogu,David Harrison and 250 more were far better than Al and Perk.So at least you are going to the history of this forum as the most important and stupid troll.Ahh i forgot to mention your brilliant prediction of Perk flippin burgers in 2 years and the mighty ones on their way to stardon...retire with dignity Dudder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Dudder,
    I can understand why players would want to play with Rondo.  He isn't going to be a scorer, but can be an assist machine.  He could make an above average wing or big look like an all-star.  It makes sense.  I can also understand why GM's wouldn't want him.  Who needs the drama?

I think the Celtics should have followed Bill Simmons model KG to Dallas for Marion/Odom;  Ray to the Clips for Williams/Bledsoe:  Rondo for Gasol, etc., and go for the FA market in two years.

Anyways, I'd go for the lottery this year.  Without JON and Wilcox, we don't have enough bigs to win(questionable if we ever could have beaten both CHI and MIA).
    Lottery gets you the chance for the top 3 picks.  In what is termed a deep draft, we should get 2 players that could be bona fide starters maybe even a star from this year's draft.  Do you get two that are good enough that with Pierce, a possible top-tier FA signing, Bass, Green, Pietrus, and reduced roles for Ray and KG, oh and Rondo, if he isn't traded to contend?  Or until you can sign another FA when PP comes off the books?  It's possible.

It's more likely we can get back to the top sooner with lottery picks and that they are the players that will attract the "quality" FA's.

PA Celt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]MIn Response to Re: mock drafts lol : So you propose the Celtics tank a season or 2?  Management won't ever do that. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Tank a season or 2?  It certainly won't be their choice.....  so no need to worry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Yes,and i remember your response when somebody said Al Jefferson at 14 and Perk at 28 were great picks...and your response was that the mighty Rafael Araujo,Hilton Armstron Shelden Williams,Ike Diogu,David Harrison and 250 more were far better than Al and Perk.So at least you are going to the history of this forum as the most important and stupid troll.Ahh i forgot to mention your brilliant prediction of Perk flippin burgers in 2 years and the mighty ones on their way to stardon...retire with dignity Dudder.
    Posted by international[/QUOTE]

I never once said that Jefferson who was not picked 14th (17th if I recall correctly) nor Perk (who was picked 2i9th I believe) being great picks....  I remember distinctly saying that I thought it was silly for management to suggest somehow that "the sky s the limit" was sheer nonsense......  my comment re. Perk flipping burgers was in response the idiots on this board that thought Perk was going to be a great center and for years people went on and on about how Dwight Howard suggested that Perkins gave him the best defense but could not possibly comprehend that the center that had absolutely no offensive game thought Perkins was a good defender......

I have plenty of dignity and am correct way more often than I am incorrect....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: mock drafts lol : Again the Cap will be 61 million. Third time the charm perhaps? say it three times fast it'll stick. Three rookies will cost no more than 5 million total. 800k for a second round pick two million each for first.  Also according to a players survey the Celtics have the 12th best player to build around in the league, in Rondo. That's not me, a sports writer or a GM saying that. It is what the PLAYERS THEMSELVES THINK! So no matter how much you hate Rondo lots of players think he is pretty good. Also players love Dov Rivers and would love to have him as a coach. And finally The Celtics have enough money to sign one all star caliber player easily and address other needs. most quality role players can be had for 3-7 million.  
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Awesome I cannot wait to see quality role players, Rondo's assist numbers are driven by whom he plays with.... how you can deduce that because a sportswriter or a GM says Rondo is someone to build around thinks that what many players think.......  there is absolutely no connection between a writer and GM and what players say......  what I heard from Coach K on the USA team is that we cannot have a player on the floor that cannot shoot and after the last time everyone was waxing poetic about the Lakers length beating them Doc came out and said that Rondo's inability to shoot and the Lakers' defense sagging in the paint really killed them in the playoffs, those that also love to wax poetic about how great Perk is cannot quite comprehend that Bynum had 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks in game 1 where most think that had Perk had not gotten hurt in game 6 they would have won another title... if Bynum had been healthy there would have been no game 6........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

It is not a surprise that Portland might look to move one of their lottery picks.
    Teams like Portland and Orlando are not overly interested in draft picks but would like to acquire established players.

Portland May Offer First-Round Picks

Plus, management has no interest in four rookies showing at training camp, counting Portland’s own second-round pick and the one from Houston in the Camby trade that also netted Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet. The Blazers can even see not spending both No. 1s in June.

Instead, the first-rounders will be dangled.

“That’s definitely something that would be appealing for us,” said Chad Buchanan, the acting general manager. “A big part of acquiring that pick (from the Nets), we realize that there’ll be value not only to us in the draft but also to other teams where you might be able to flip that high pick into a proven player that is ready to help your team now.

“At the end of the day, if it’s two lottery picks in a pretty strong draft, we’re OK adding that to our team and trying to add the proven veterans through free agency. We like to have the flexibility to do either.

“We’re open to moving one of those picks for a proven player. But we also like a lot of the players that could potentially be in that draft range. We feel like it’s kind of a win-win for us.”

via Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder, I can understand why players would want to play with Rondo.  He isn't going to be a scorer, but can be an assist machine.  He could make an above average wing or big look like an all-star.  It makes sense.  I can also understand why GM's wouldn't want him.  Who needs the drama? I think the Celtics should have followed Bill Simmons model KG to Dallas for Marion/Odom;  Ray to the Clips for Williams/Bledsoe:  Rondo for Gasol, etc., and go for the FA market in two years. Anyways, I'd go for the lottery this year.  Without JON and Wilcox, we don't have enough bigs to win(questionable if we ever could have beaten both CHI and MIA). Lottery gets you the chance for the top 3 picks.  In what is termed a deep draft, we should get 2 players that could be bona fide starters maybe even a star from this year's draft.  Do you get two that are good enough that with Pierce, a possible top-tier FA signing, Bass, Green, Pietrus, and reduced roles for Ray and KG, oh and Rondo, if he isn't traded to contend?  Or until you can sign another FA when PP comes off the books?  It's possible. It's more likely we can get back to the top sooner with lottery picks and that they are the players that will attract the "quality" FA's. PA Celt
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

It is unlikely that either of the Celtics 1st round picks will be lottery picks.

Sections
Shortcuts