Moment of Truth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Moment of Truth

"Pierce says he wants to retire a Celtic, but would consider coming back for a one-day contract to retire that way if he's traded."

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/boston_celtics#ixzz2S3zEDStn

Pretty telling from Paul that he's crafting up ways to continue his career with another club (contender) while fulfilling his ultimate goal of retiring "as a Celtic"

I am an avid Truth fan, and I fully endorse this proposal. I wonder what team would best suit Paul? (ANYONE BUT MIAMI)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Moment of Truth

Pierce would be a perfect fit in Golden State or with the Clippers.  He'd be great in Memphis too (imagine a front line of (Z-Bo, Gasol and Pierce).  There are a number of spots where Pierce could comfortably fit in and contribute without carrying the team's scoring burden as he's done in Boston.  He'd also be the perfect SF in Atlanta with Josh Smith and Al Horford.

I think the Celtics owe it to Pierce to waive him so he can be recruited like players love to be and HE can decide exactly where he wants to go.

If the Celtics waive him, imagine how far to the top of the FA list Pierce would jump.  It'd be Howard, CP3 and Pierce the top 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

HAH, sorry but Atlanta? I don't think Paul has any respect for that club. I don't expect them retaining Josh Smith.

If I were Rockets GM, I get Josh Smith: Lin, Harden, Parsens, Smith, Asik is a nasty starting 5 that could rival the best in the west.

I think MEM would have been ideal for Paul, but they already made their change. Now, that they have two games to close out LAC, I think that they will stand pat.

... and Golden State. Man on man I would love to get a couple of their young assets in exchange for Paul, but I just don't see that happening. They have their front line of Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, Bogut ... I think that is a complete team.

I guess I wonder if Paul would need to come off the bench for a contender ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

R9R, I doubt many teams would TRADE for PP at this point so I don't think we should expect players in return.

I'm guessing PP is hinting that the Celtics waive/buy out his contract for the $5 million and let him become an unrestricted free agent.  I bet Pierce would love to be heavily courted and "wined and dined" like some of these other UFAs.  It would not make sense to carry his $15 million number and then try to trade equal value which we won't get.

So, whether or not Pierce respects/disrespects Atlanta, that would be an awesome front court.  They're committed to $18 million next year. They could sign Smith and a discounted Pierce too.

As for Memphis, Tayshaun Prince is their starting SF.  If Pierce is waived by the Celtics and is free to sign wherever he wants for whatever he wants, do you really think teams won't be lining up for his services, MEMPHIS included.  You can best believe Memphis and a whole lot of other teams who "made a change" would be willing to make another change to pick up Pierce at a discounted salary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yeah you make good points, I just don't see the ATL scenerio. I have three questions tho:

1. Does the 5M buyout count against our cap? in other words, would we have the full 16M to play with?

2. Can we buy him out and do a cap friendly 1 year deal to free up space to sign another role guy?

3. What kind of deal doesPP get on the free market?

Sections
Shortcuts