Monster Rondo 3-Way Trade Idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Monster Rondo 3-Way Trade Idea

BOS: Tim Hardaway Jr., 2017 Knicks 1st, 2014 Rockets 1st, 2016 Rockets 1st

(Felton, MWP)

HOU: Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green, Iman Shumpart

NYK: Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcxs9gm

Houston: Ruomrs say Houston wants Rondo and the price for any deal will be 2 picks and an asset, which for them, has to be Parsons. Rockets also get Green and Shumpart to solidify their roster and contend with a solid starting 5 of Rondo, Harden, Green, Jones, and Howard.

New York: Rumors say that the Knicks want a PG and would take Lin back. The kicker here is that we also flip Parsons to them in order to get back a better haul. The key with Parsons to the Knicks is that in 2015 free agency, they can renounce Amare, Bargs and MWP and clear major cap space in order to sign a major free agent. The cap hold for Parsons will only be a few million dollars. They can then resign him and have a solid, competitive team.

Boston: Boston bottoms out this year, add a very nice piece in Hardaway, and get three more draft picks. Not a bad haul for Rondo and Green. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Monster Rondo 3-Way Trade Idea

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(Felton, MWP)

Houston: Ruomrs say Houston wants Rondo and the price for any deal will be 2 picks and an asset, which for them, has to be Parsons. Rockets also get Green and Shumpart to solidify their roster and contend with a solid starting 5 of Rondo, Harden, Green, Jones, and Howard.

New York: Rumors say that the Knicks want a PG and would take Lin back. The kicker here is that we also flip Parsons to them in order to get back a better haul. The key with Parsons to the Knicks is that in 2015 free agency, they can renounce Amare, Bargs and MWP and clear major cap space in order to sign a major free agent. The cap hold for Parsons will only be a few million dollars. They can then resign him and have a solid, competitive team.

Boston: Boston bottoms out this year, add a very nice piece in Hardaway, and get three more draft picks. Not a bad haul for Rondo and Green. 

[/QUOTE]

I proposed something similar a while ago.....so, I like it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Celtics picks would look like this:

2014: (3) Celtics, Hawks, Rockets

2015: (3): Celtics, Clippers, 76ers

2016: (3): Celtics, Nets, Rockets

2017: (2) Celtics, Knicks

2018: (2) Celtics, Nets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(Felton, MWP)

[/QUOTE]

I proposed something similar a while ago.....so, I like it!

[/QUOTE]

I rarely read all the posts on this board ... so, Well done sir!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I know this is all crazy talk, but if I were Danny pursuing this path, I'd follow up this trade with:

BOS: Bradley, Humphries
    PHO: Okafor, Pacers 2014 1st

and then

BOS: Speights, D. Green

GSW: Brandon Bass

(Green was praised as high-IQ, low athleticism, stretch 4 who can shoot 3s, speights the bad contract)

I'd then go get Hayward in free agency. I'd waive both MWP and Felton and just eat the money. I'd draft worst case (Ennis) best case (Parker) with the Celtics pick and fill out the roster with the other 3 picks. Next year's roster would look like this:

1. (Celtics 1st), Pressey

2.Hardaway Jr., (Pacers 1st)

3. Hayward, Johnson, (Rockets 1st)

4. Sullinger, Olynyk, D. Green

5. Asik, (Hawks 1st), Favarani

Bench: Anthony, Wallace

Why? : Now we have set up the franchise for long term youth and rookie contracts. Aside from Asik, we have all players who can play multiple positions and knock down outside shots to pair with Steven's style of play. We set the franchise up to make a bigger trade or free agent pick-up in 2015/16. This would be a longer, 3+ year rebuild, but if you're convinced that Danny drafts well and Sullinger, Olynyk, Hayward and Asik could be a foundation for a strong team, then its worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

The playes in the draft are not as good as  most think.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Your link doesn't work and based on the data from the OP, neither does your trade (trade failed in ESPNTM).

That said, there's no way Houston will take on that much salary for a dubious upgrade at PG and a significant downgrade at SF. That's without mentioning the two #1s the Rockets give up in your fantasy. Parsons is one of the NBA's best bargains and Houston is a smart and frugal organization. 

The day this deal gets done is the day I see unicorns in my backyard.

By the way, Wic Grousbeck is an idiot if he thinks Rondo will fetch 2 unprotected #1s. He's a motor and mental moron if he believes Rondo is a cornerstone player for the Cs. The Cs are doomed if he's handcuffing his GM.

Sections
Shortcuts