more i think about it, MELO with RONDO in BAWSTON could work!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

more i think about it, MELO with RONDO in BAWSTON could work!

these 2 guys need each other and braddy's system needs boeveryone falls in line as well.. so u jave a melo, a rich man's paul pierce (on offense and the boards) but way too passive aggressive behind the scenes (not a leader).. rondo, like it or not, will get in guys' faces.. good cop/bad cop dynamic is awesome. question becomes he goes. with these 2 as the core max or top guys, can have AB, sully,hump, kelly fill in the role holes admirably! with melo on board esp for 20m rather than 25m, celts could hang out for that 3rd guy later. who could it be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: more i think about it, MELO with RONDO in BAWSTON could work!

dumb

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

these 2 guys need each other and braddy's system needs boeveryone falls in line as well.. so u jave a melo, a rich man's paul pierce (on offense and the boards) but way too passive aggressive behind the scenes (not a leader).. rondo, like it or not, will get in guys' faces.. good cop/bad cop dynamic is awesome. question becomes he goes. with these 2 as the core max or top guys, can have AB, sully,hump, kelly fill in the role holes admirably! with melo on board esp for 20m rather than 25m, celts could hang out for that 3rd guy later. who could it be?

[/QUOTE]

maybe you should think less?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

What is the infatuation with melo?

The guy is a loser.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

i like the idea but only because i could see them eventually coming to blows with each other right on the court. rondo needs a good beatdown more than anything else.

other than that, not interested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i like the idea but only because i could see them eventually coming to blows with each other right on the court. rondo needs a good beatdown more than anything else.

other than that, not interested.

[/QUOTE]

The arm-twisting beatdown DWade gave him in the 2011 PO's made our ASPG play with some urgency.

With Melo, we could see that sort of confrontation a lot more often.

I'm all in.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think Melos experience leaving Denver for NY taught him not all that glitters is gold. Melo is at the point of his career that he has the money,fame and individual accomplishments and is only missing a ring. If he opts out or is traded I expect the next team that he plays with will get the best of what Melo brings to the table. Like or hate him Melo is one of the top players in the game. If he landed with us this offseason and we get 2 good picks in this draft we would be serious contenders, possibly favorites, right away. Doubt it will happen but I'd be down like a clown for Melo in green.

The knock on both KG and RA was they didn't win and were self centered before they came here too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Melos experience leaving Denver for NY taught him not all that glitters is gold. Melo is at the point of his career that he has the money,fame and individual accomplishments and is only missing a ring. If he opts out or is traded I expect the next team that he plays with will get the best of what Melo brings to the table. Like or hate him Melo is one of the top players in the game. If he landed with us this offseason and we get 2 good picks in this draft we would be serious contenders, possibly favorites, right away. Doubt it will happen but I'd be down like a clown for Melo in green.

The knock on both KG and RA was they didn't win and were self centered before they came here too.

[/QUOTE]

I never, ever heard that knock.

They were consumate professisonals and team players before, during and after wearing green.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Melo is not a Celtics type player and doesn't need t be anywhere near this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

stop thinking so much- results not worth it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I also doubt it will happen but let's all keep in mind that LeBron didn't have a ring either before coming to Miami. And I do not mean to infer that Melo is comparable to LeBron but at the right price, keeping Rondo, Sully & Oly and also getting a Center like Omer Asik if we don't get Embiid in the draft I believe would make us contenders.  Faverani now injured could also share Center duties.

Whom do we give up to NY ??? I'd let Hump go( but I like him) and then Bass, Green & Wallace. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

oh good God. Rondo and Melo on the same team. WHAT A HEADACHE!!!! The C's minus well add JR Smith  and Josh Smith too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:

2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT!  Very poor judgement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Defense actually matters...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No idea where you came up with this one.

but ill play along.... So what happened in Boston that these 2 transformed into champions and team players... playing with Rondo?? ROFL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, 2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Magical thinking attacks the Celtics threads...what an absolute nightmare pairing this would be...you'd have a fist-fight at the end of camp because they could only play with 1 ball at a time...and Wozzy is right...you need to play defense to win in the NBA, especially in the playoffs, especially late in games in the playoffs.....Defense is not something you can just turn on and off and it takes an entire team committed to it...

You'd have a mecrucial ball hog (Rondo) versus the proverbial "black hole" on offense (Melo)...talk about a tug of war every night...the team would be split wide open...no thanks...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I like Rondo better than most in this forum and even I think this idea is ridiculous. 

Fortunately Ainge would never do it. 

Why would we bring someone who has done nothing but lose to Boston? Remember when Melo left the Nuggets and they actually got BETTER? 

C'mon man!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Rondo better than most in this forum and even I think this idea is ridiculous. 

Why would we bring someone who has done nothing but lose to Boston? Remember when Melo left the Nuggets and they actually got BETTER? 

C'mon man!

[/QUOTE]

Excellent point!!

Reminded me of when Rondo left the Celtics (due to injury) and they actually got better

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

C'mon man!

[/QUOTE]

Spanky likes Rondo a whole lot better than most of us at this forum.

Spanky luv=hot monkey luv.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

C'mon man!

[/QUOTE]

Spanky likes Rondo a whole lot better than most of us at this forum.

Spanky luv=hot monkey luv.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Pud is a lot creepier and obsessed  than most of us in this forum.

Pud creepiness=peeking in Rondos windows late at night carrying duct tape and a taser.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Melo, Rondo, and ?? need a tough guy, rebounder, and scorer, We already have him Bass and Hump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Melo, Rondo, and ?? need a tough guy, rebounder, and scorer, We already have him Bass and Hump

[/QUOTE]

Yup... agreed!

That puts us squarely in the 4-6th seed.

Is that other knucklehead Josh Smith available???

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Don't know about this Melo fad and how long it will last here, but realistically we have no way to gather enough cap room to sign him.  That should be the first hurdle we should ponder before we even think about anything else.

tough guy, rebounder, scorer?  The Knicks have some of those and arguably better than we have on paper and yet they are hopelessly a bad lottery team.  Why is that not a reflection of Melo as a player?  Thank god, it is not possible financially to get him in the first place.  Let's get back to trading/paying the farm for Asik, Hayward, or Love, those are at least a little less nausiating than this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Please keep in mind that LeBron didn't get a ring until he left Cleveland. I am not suggesting that Melo is comparable to LeBron but he is still an Allstar a few notches behind LeBron, Durant and in terms or being an offensive weapon, he can get you 20-25 pts per night.

Put him with Rondo, Sully & Oly because if Melo came to us I don't believe we could also get Love without giving up Sully who has great potential. Also, keep Johnson who can play G or F.  Keep one of the other Guards. Give up Hump, whom I do like, and Wallace, Bass & Green. Try to draft 1 or 2 PFs. For Center, if we can't draft Embiid, try to get Omer Asik or we live with Faverani if he recovers from injury. Hopefully, Oly, although too frail to be a banger, could be a Pau Gasol type Center and even KG was not a muscle type playing the C.

As per LeBron who is double teamed often, Melo would be too and would open up offensive possiblities for teammates. My biggest worry would be his attitude and potential to ruin the chemistry of the team but maybe he realizes that he's getting older and can't get a ring w/o the concerted help of willing and happy teammates.