More shots taken without Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

More shots taken without Rondo?

Is it me or do the C's take more shots when Rondo is not playing??? At least it appears so. Piling assists vs shooting more. Just curious on this one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: More shots taken without Rondo?

In response to cabutan's comment:

Is it me or do the C's take more shots when Rondo is not playing??? At least it appears so. Piling assists vs shooting more. Just curious on this one

Iwould guess that its because he eats up the clock so much by pounding the ball after walking it up the court all of the time. Strange how a speed player always seems to be walking when he has the ball. Can't stand watching him dominate the ball as the clock winds down. Gotta go!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Iwould guess that its because he eats up the clock so much by pounding the ball after walking it up the court all of the time. Strange how a speed player always seems to be walking when he has the ball. Can't stand watching him dominate the ball as the clock winds down. Gotta go!!!

He calls himself a facilitator but if you do the math, taking fewer shots means less opportunity at the basket. It seems that he just wants to pile up assists no matter at what expense.. I had my doubts about trading him before he came back from the surgery. Now I am back into the "Trade Him" wagon. Do the same with Green and Bradley. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He calls himself a facilitator but if you do the math, taking fewer shots means less opportunity at the basket. It seems that he just wants to pile up assists no matter at what expense.. I had my doubts about trading him before he came back from the surgery. Now I am back into the "Trade Him" wagon. Do the same with Green and Bradley. 

You haven't  established they take fewer shots. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

You haven't  established they take fewer shots. 

I know. Maybe I am wrong!! haaa

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Last night without Rondo boston took 88 shots. Sunday with Rondo they took 92.

I am not going to bother to research it, but there is no reason to think they take fewer shots with Rondo. Your'e just guessing.

They average 83 shots a game over the year. Like i said you may be right..I sure am not going to bother to look it up. But one would need to look at stats to make any real point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Against Sacremento they took 88 as well.

So last three games two with Rondo 88 and 92 shots.

One without 88 shots.

Doesnt seem to be true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Actually the pace is much faster with Rondo back:

"But you can tell Rondo is ramping up. The Celtics' pace factor over the past two games with Rondo on the court? A whopping 100.85 possessions, which would rank behind only the 76ers for the entire season. The Celtics have operated this season at a middle-of-the-pack pace (95.89 possessions; 18th in the league) but that number has jumped to 99.4 over Rondo's past three games."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/10415048/boston-celtics-offense-coming-rajon-rondo-back

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Last night without Rondo boston took 88 shots. Sunday with Rondo they took 92.

I am not going to bother to research it, but there is no reason to think they take fewer shots with Rondo. Your'e just guessing.

They average 83 shots a game over the year. Like i said you may be right..I sure am not going to bother to look it up. But one would need to look at stats to make any real point.

thanx!!! that should shut me for now!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Glad to see that some folks jump the gun on rondo and can admit their wrong.  Come on RallyC, you chimmed, now admit all this pounding is fictitious as a DBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

If people want to pound on Rondo, of course, they are free to do so.  Just don't cloak it in non-fact-based pseudo-analysis.  Come right out and say "I don't like Rondo.  I wish he is shipped out of town.  I'd never pay money to see him.  He is a bum, etc., etc."!  Have fun!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Cabutan,

There're a few problems with your question, IMO.

1. You can compare stats when RR plays vs when he doesn't yourself. But those stats won't be accurate due to the very small sample size.

2. "Piling assists" means that you score. "Shooting more" doesn't mean you score.

3. Better question would be: what's the efficiency of scoring for the team with him vs without him?

AK

Sections
Shortcuts