Most Important Trade Deadline Of The Danny Ainge Era....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Most Important Trade Deadline Of The Danny Ainge Era....

Tomorrows game against Miami is huge. I think Ainge will decide tomorrow whether or not to make some drastic changes.....losses to Dallas, LA and possibly Miami will force Danny to look to the future.

The goal of a championship in 2011 should not prevent Ainge from adding to the young core around Rondo. In this down economy, I see more possibilities than ever before to add significant talent , with the idea of not just extending the current window, but opening a new one...

The Celtics have never been more attractive to free agents and star players than they are right now. The "window" is not just this year, but AT LEAST next year as well...

I see Danny making a BOLD move to find someone capable of running with Rondo and giving the Celtics two of the next "Big Three".

Danny Granger
    Jeff Green
    Nick Young & Al Thornton (my dream scenerio)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAuH7vEx8Eg

...and I see Troy Murphy getting a buyout and demanding a tryout from Doc 

and finally, has anyone noticed the CELTICS have the best package of young talent to give Denver for Carmello Anthony ???

If the Celtics cleared the bench to land Carmello and had to fill out their roster with Rasheed Wallace and Stephane Lasme , Jason Williams , and others ,   wouldn't it be worth it ?

Imagine adding Carmello and having him be the 6th man getting minutes at the #2 - #3 - and #4 spots ?

Rondo, Carmello and Semi make quite an interesting new age Big Three , don't you think ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Most Important Trade Deadline Of The Danny Ainge Era....

Danny Ainge WILL NOT MAKE A BOLD MOVE!

The Celtics only need a backup SF, why blow up the roster when there are only 28 games left after the All-Star break?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What package of young talent do the Celtics have, that Denver or anyone else would want?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

In Response to Re: Most Important Trade Deadline Of The Danny Ainge Era....:
    [QUOTE]Danny Ainge WILL NOT MAKE A BOLD MOVE! The Celtics only need a backup SF, why blow up the roster when there are only 28 games left after the All-Star break?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  With the possible exception of a backup 3 we've got the horses, we just need them healthy.

Regards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Danny could just sit pat and hope everyone we have gets healthy enough for the playoffs.  If they do all get healthy, we will have the best team and be the team to beat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Danny could just sit pat and hope everyone we have gets healthy enough for the playoffs.  If they do all get healthy, we will have the best team and be the team to beat.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]
    My feeling is he'll do exactly that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I  think  Danny  Ainge  is  just  taking  the  "Wait  and  See"  approach  right  now.  He  knows  that  we  are  the  best  team  if  healthy,  so  he  doesn't  want  to  do  anything  that  would  distrupt  the  chemistry  of  the  team. 

If  you  read  inbetween  the  lines  of  all  his  statements,  you  can  conclude  that  he  is  monitoring  the  progress  of  the  injured  players,  while  weighing  his  options,  which  one  of  them  is  "trade."   But  he  would  prefer  not  to  make  a  trade  if  everyone  is  healthy.  He  loves  the  team  as  it  is  if  only  everyone  is  healthy.

I  think  we  might  see  a  minor  trade,  nothing  big,  especially  at  the  small  forward  position.  But  what  we  really  need  right  now  is  "Health."  Danny  Ainge  knows  we  are  the  team  to  beat  if  healthy.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironceltic33. Show ironceltic33's posts

I hope that he goes after Shane Battier. I think he'd be an excellent back for Paul and is an excellent defender. Josh Howard wouldn't be bad either. He still can play. We don't need to gut this team just a minor tweak here and we're getting number eighteen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Trade will come right at or just before the deadline.  Problem is that C's either have players with huge salaries whom DA will not move or players with small salaries who can't satisfy $ requirements to make trade work.
    Nevertheless, as we are in the same injury boat, a trade to bolster the SF position is a must.
    Wait and see is the operative phrase.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Danny Ainge will make a move. But not a major one.

The Celtics can't afford to gamble on Daniels being healthy for the playoffs. I mean Daniels couldn't even move when he went down. And even if he recovers we're not sure if he's mentally ready to return to playing at an NBA level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I hate to say it but you have to consider Daniels done for the year. I have no other information on him, only a gut feeling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We need to get healthy more than anything else. We have very little trade value that if traded wouldn't mess with our core group. Come May if we have Q,West,Shaq,Nate and Semeh back healthy we are the team to beat. We get anything out of JO its bonus help. DA rolled the dice with JO, if he had anything left in the tank he was a steal, but his wheels are just gone. I really didn't think it would happen but if Shaq and JO can't go for the stretch we might coax Rashweed to come give us 2 months of the Rashweeds best effort. The  only other scenario is to pick up a buy out in March. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to say it but you have to consider Daniels done for the year. I have no other information on him, only a gut feeling.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]
    Ditto

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree with P34 (crazy huh). I think Ainge will make a move but to make a BOLD move would almost require trading a starter or BBD at this point.

I would be willing to part with any of the usual suspects (Nate, Luke, AB, JON or West) and up to 2 #1s to get a impact player. We don't know what's happening with the CBA so giving up 2 #1s on this team doesn't mean much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

If If If If If If If If If If.....

If they all get healthy come playoff time....

I have a sick feeling that moment is never gonna come this season.

Someone mentioned Josh Howard and I think he'd be perfect

Still think Washington has the most interesting collection of young talent and they're such a mess you'd think they'd be willing to do a deal based on financial considerations....

They know they're not going to win a championship in the next 5 years, so no one on their roster is untouchable....and they need to sell tickets

I like Nick Young, Al Thornton and Josh Howard even if it takes trading Big Baby to land at least 2 of the 3 players mentioned above

I love Big Baby but the bar has been raised. Miami has gelled and Orlando is scarier with the Turk and Gilbert Arenas than with Wince Carter and Rashard Lewis....

I see Danny going for the BOLD option now rather than fall short and trying to re-load in the summer....

And it will be interesting if Troy Murphy gets a buyout.....he would give some serious insurance at the 4&5  and be a valuable 15-20 minute player , certainly a better fit than Rasheed Wallace....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DUDE, WHAT R U SMOKING? Y WOULD DANNY trade for a me-first scores 50 with zero assist and i dont play defense crybaby locker room kiler like melo... i wouldnt trade rr straight up for him.. we lose today if we have melo and not rr... enough! u only make a move if its clear quis cant come back this year.. if he can come bak for the playoff like with jo, u do NOTHING!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bias we are not trading West.  First off he has a great contract and he has been injured, so he probably is not wanted by other teams.  They didn't want him last year.  He is the KEY to our second team I think unless we pick up a natural point guard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The best package we could offer for Melo is Baby, Semih, Avery and two 1st rd picks... I wouldn't call that the best collection of young talent anyone in the game could offer

Agree with everyone who says solid SF is the move we need.

JON and a 2nd rd pick for Posey makes sense b/c he's Indy's 3rd string SF but would really help us even if he's not what he was in '08. He's just as good albeit a diff style of player, than a healthy 'Quis.

If we could get Al Thornton for Quis and a 1st rd pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. Saves Washington 200k as well. Not sure if he is in their future plans or not, a 27 year old free agent to be?

Nick Young is not happening, he's 25 and been dropping 20 a game for the past 2 months, I'm sure Washington sees him and Wall together for a long time in that backcourt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I hope that he goes after Shane Battier. I think he'd be an excellent back for Paul and is an excellent defender. Josh Howard wouldn't be bad either. He still can play. We don't need to gut this team just a minor tweak here and we're getting number eighteen.
    Posted by ironceltic33[/QUOTE]

I don't think we'll have the guns to get Battier b/c Houston prob wants to either re-sign their leader or if he walks after this year they won't want to pay Nate 4.5 million or JON 7 million next year, even if we do give them Avery and/or a 1st, which I'd do.

Howard has played all of 8 games this year and none since Jan 5th... he's still recovering from an injury. I'd prob rather have Posey than him. But if he gets healthy and looks ok in the next 2 weeks, while Daniels is still a month away, I'd trade 'Quis and a 2nd rd pick for him. Save the Wiz some $. He's not been known as the greatest character guy either tho.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

On the trading block.
    Nate
    Harangody
    Bradley
    JON
    Daniels
    Semih
    Wafer

Of these, Nate, Bradley, and Semih are the ones other teams will probably want the most. Them and our #1 draft pick for next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

My thoughts are that Danny needs to trade for a decent back up center and forget about both O'Neal's.  Neither you can depend on to stay healthy for more than a few games at a time.  I love Shaq, but the injuries are getting a bit old.  I do like the idea of getting Battier also. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Battier is the ideal pickup, we need to get a backup for Pierce. Nate has been useless the past few games, and I would look to trade him.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts