Most Valuable Discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Most Valuable Discussion

Well im going to go out on a limb and say Rondo should absolutely be in the discussion for mvp. Not to mention he has 6 triple doubles and noone else has more than one, he is close to chasing down history in consecutive double digit assist games, but Rondo is more important to his team than Durant or Lebron is to theirs.

One way I try to judge who is more important to their team is, removing all players from their teams. How would their teams fair without them. I feel Miami would drop to the 5th seed without lebron and may make it to the second round of the playoffs. While Durants team will fair slight worst maybe dropping to the 6-7th seed with a first round exit. Though lets be honest, without rondo we wouldnt even make the dance at all.

So all in all, im not saying that Rondos production this season has been anything close to Lebron or Durants, but he is just as valuable as either of them to their team. Also we may not have the records their teams do but considering how we started, youd have to say our season has been just as successful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Most Valuable Discussion

Rondo may have played his way into the top 5. 3 weeks ago I thought it was Lebrons without question. Now I question it. Rose has missed too many games. Numbers aren't as gaudy as Rondo's, but T Parker has been playing just as well as Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If the game only lasted 36 minutes instead of 48.... Rondo is my choice.

Hands down.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The MVP is Kevin Durant's, hands down.

Lebron comes in second.

Love, Kobe and Rondo are honorable mention candidates but the race is between Durant and Lebron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

If Rondo can absorb the FT skills from Allen and Pierce, and execute on them down the stretch, he'd be in the top 3 discussion.  He has improved some but not enough yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Most Valuable Discussion:
    [QUOTE]The MVP is Kevin Durant's, hands down. Lebron comes in second. Love, Kobe and Rondo are honorable mention candidates but the race is between Durant and Lebron.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree with your opinion with the exception of Rondo.. I doubt hes seriously considered in the MVP balloting.  I think Westbrook might even squeeze into the conversation

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Rondo's streaky and injury prone.  Just like the Celtics.
    As long as he stays hot and healthy, he'll garner votes.
    But as he hasn't done so over the entire course of the season,
    I don't see it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Durant - LeBron - Love - Rondo - Kobe

How many times does it go to a guy whose team isn't in 1st place?  Cuts out Love and Rondo.............I think it's Durant in a landslide!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Base on reading stats for most top players, Rondo's stats look far better than any top 10 best scoring players in NBA.  If Steve Nash have won MVP award twice without being in the top ten scorer, than Rondo can win the MVP this year.

Rondo plays harder on defense than any top ten scorer.  Lebron never play defense except he just block shots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo's streaky and injury prone.  Just like the Celtics. As long as he stays hot and healthy, he'll garner votes. But as he hasn't done so over the entire course of the season, I don't see it.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    Let's remember we are still riding a wave of winning.  If we keep it going the next nine games these arguments for Rondo will have more traction.

We need to keep it up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Valuable Discussion : How do you put Rondo ahead of Tony Parker? It's funny when a guy gives his MVP opinion when he only watches his own team and whatever team they are playing. Red = The Box Score Guru
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

If I cared what you thought, I'd be upset that 3 other people before me mentioned Rondo, but you only comment on me.....mhoody mhark!!

Tony Parker
    San Antonio
    Position:  Guard
    Height:  6-2 Weight:  185
    Prior to NBA / Country:
    Paris BR / France

2011-12 Statistics
    PPG 18.7
    RPG 2.8
    APG 7.7
    SPG 1.0
    BPG 0.1