move to make

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: move to make

I am still trying to get over Dudder's comment that the Clippers are now title contender in the west.   That is just not true.  If they win 35 games it will be a major achievement.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So most agree they would rather have Green, especially at almost half the cost, over the selfish overrated rudy gay

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: move to make:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : Rudy Gay was playing well this season until he got hurt. Don't forget Rudy Gay is still 24 years old and will only get better. With Doc as coach I think Gay will surely become an All-Star. Remember how selfish Paul Pierce was when O'Brien was coach?  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I do!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : Hi Erwin Going by what I think is realistic in your ideas and going with us drafting JaJuan Johnson at 25... here is what that team would look like: C - Krstic (24 mins) Dalambert (16 mins) KG (8 mins) PF - KG (20 mins) Jermaine (16 mins) Johnson (8 mins) SF - Gay (36 mins) Pierce (12 mins) SG - Ray (24 mins) Pierce (16 mins) DWest (8 mins) PG - Rondo (36 mins) DWest (12 mins) That is a very solid team... but its a big man shy of a contender... Can we turns Krstic, Avery and picks into one? not sure. It is basically using a sign and trade asset in Baby to upgrade to Gay from Greeny... but is Gay and upgrade? Could we just keep Green and use Baby to help us get something better? Crawford may get more than the MLDE while Dalamert more than the LLE of course the CBA has to be resolved first
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

The Question is do we resign Krstic??? i like what he gaves us offensively but he defense but he was a liability on Defense and i believe that in order for this team to contend, we have to sign defensive minded players and become as goos as we were on defense that's why i would start Dalembert what he gives is similar to what perk brough to this team!!! he's a defensive minded center although not as good as perk but he's better offensively and he's a better shot blocker and he's only 29. i also like us signing leon powe because i really think he's better than Baby, he's a guy that i trust will always look to score inside instead of forcing jumper on the perimeter!! As for Green, i think Gay is an upgrade over him but i'm not opposed to having him stay the only problem i got with him is that sometimes he's just too nice and not aggresive, there's no need to worry about that when it comes to Rudy Gay, while he's not know to be a team player or a great defense i have faith that Doc can change his mentality. It's possible for Crawford to sign but it's unlikely that's why i would sign battier as a plan B

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : There is no "realistic" situation which has a team with the BIG 3 on it and also Rudy Gay, Gay signed a max contract last year and plays for a team that would be going into the WCF if he were healthy right now.  Gay is going nowhere.  Is Gay an upgrade?  Have you ever watched basketball before?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty realistic, Gay will be payed 15million next season while jeff makes about 4million this season, he's a restricted free agent and i do think he's gonna get offers, he would definately want around a 4million increase bringin his contract to 8 million and baby makes 3million give him 2 million more and that's a combined salarie of 13million which is enough to make the trade work financially!!!Memphis's succes without gay has made him expendable!!plus they only have so much money to go around, they extended Randolph and they plan on keeping marc gasol and he's likely to get big time offers from other teams they can't afford to pay all three something's gotta give and that migh be gay. There are reports that he might on the trading block this summer. then again i could be wrong so feel free to correct me and yes i agree that Gay is an upgrade over Green.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Green and Baby have to go; they are losers- get whatever you can. Gay would be a big upgrade but Memphis would never make the trade

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : Rudy Gay was playing well this season until he got hurt. Don't forget Rudy Gay is still 24 years old and will only get better. With Doc as coach I think Gay will surely become an All-Star. Remember how selfish Paul Pierce was when O'Brien was coach?  

Gay is 11 days older than Green... who we are comparing him to;-)

I saw Gay at UConn, I may only see him in 6-7 Memphis games a year, but scouting reports and stats also imply he remains the same selfish player with little interest in defense I wanted to shake and scream at in college.

Pierce was a gamer at Kansas. His first 4 years in boston he avg'd more reb's, assists and steals than Gay in his first 4 years in Memphis.

Just saying... I trust Green to guard Melo/LBJ/Deng over Gay... we can pay Green 8-9 million, Gay makes 16-17. They are the same age w/ the same outside shot... I'd hold onto our guy over the one returnign from injury whose team absolutely killed it as soon a she went down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : The Question is do we resign Krstic??? i like what he gaves us offensively but he defense but he was a liability on Defense and i believe that in order for this team to contend, we have to sign defensive minded players and become as goos as we were on defense that's why i would start Dalembert what he gives is similar to what perk brough to this team!!! he's a defensive minded center although not as good as perk but he's better offensively and he's a better shot blocker and he's only 29. i also like us signing leon powe because i really think he's better than Baby, he's a guy that i trust will always look to score inside instead of forcing jumper on the perimeter!! As for Green, i think Gay is an upgrade over him but i'm not opposed to having him stay the only problem i got with him is that sometimes he's just too nice and not aggresive, there's no need to worry about that when it comes to Rudy Gay, while he's not know to be a team player or a great defense i have faith that Doc can change his mentality. It's possible for Crawford to sign but it's unlikely that's why i would sign battier as a plan B
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Battier than Crawford. He is only a year older.

If that was the situation you tell Pierce to again get in great cardio shape and expect more mins at SG. Green becomes easier to trade if you have Battier.

but guys like Battier and Crawford won't put us over the edge unless we make a major more at C. So it is unlikely that they give them MLE deals that kill cap space.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Beyond howard and Cp3/DWill though there are really no free agents that swing the balance of power.

Nene and Kaman, who are both 30... are th eonly two obviously good, borderline all-star types.

Since we are good now, and have a window to win NOW, I would want one of these two guys traded for before next season.

Denver needs Nene tho and likley keeps him. They have a PG surplus (Ty Lawson and Ray Felton) while its the Clips (w/ Jordan) that have the extra guy up front.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : I'm not saying it's either Jeff Green or Rudy Gay. Who says the Celts can't have them both? Trade Pierce for Gay then Jeff Green continues to come off the bench as the 6th man.

That would be pretty gutsy of ainge.

Back in 1990 people would have been ok if McHale or parish were traded... but not Bird. Same now w/ PP vs. KG and Ray. We want to see him play  as many years in this uni as Havlicek, and go up in the rafters right after.

If anyone does it, Ainge does tho. I'd rather have a young big if you make that trade over a Green-Gay duo of replicating skills...

and if you trade KG or Ray there is that buyout factor w/ the exp contracts where they come back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : The window is shut. If you saw what the Bulls did to the Heat tonight you know the Celts have nowhere to go but down.

not if 3 things happen:

1.) Rondo, already an all defensive PG, improves his shot and is a constant thorn in the Bulls/Rose side who knows what to do to get the MVP off his game.

2.) Green becomes as good as Deng when integrated properly and given the mins

3.) We add a big man so its not old legs and short/fat baby vs. Boozer/Noah.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : The window is shut. If you saw what the Bulls did to the Heat tonight you know the Celts have nowhere to go but down.

I think that the Celts should not do anything drastic except work to get some inside presence.  The only way the window can be cracked open is if the Celts invest in developing their current young players.  It will lead to a lot of losses.  So be it.  They should attempt to just make it to the playoffs and try and keep the big 3 fresher.  If the window opens, so be it.  If not, take the higher draft pick and plan for the future.

I would not like the 2012 cap space compromised.  That really ties their hands.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aznefn. Show aznefn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : I think that the Celts should not do anything drastic except work to get some inside presence.  The only way the window can be cracked open is if the Celts invest in developing their current young players.  It will lead to a lot of losses.  So be it.  They should attempt to just make it to the playoffs and try and keep the big 3 fresher.  If the window opens, so be it.  If not, take the higher draft pick and plan for the future. I would not like the 2012 cap space compromised.  That really ties their hands.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more !!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aznefn. Show aznefn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : I agree. The Celts should just wait for 2012. If they can get rid of their 2011 pick it would also help because a 1st round pick would get a multi-year contract.

Would there be any takers trading this years pick for one next year, and they would have to sign a few players to 1 year deals , maybe Oden to at least look like there not just saying wait till next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : Rondo is a gambler on defense, he's not really a great one on one defender. Expecting Green to become like Luol Deng is too much of a stretch. Why? I'm not convinced Jeff Green is really a SF. For next season you said Chris Kaman will be a great addition. Even if you're right and the Celts do get Kaman, it still won't change the fact that Ray, Pierce, and KG will once again get abused by the likes of Amare and Melo, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. And the last time the Bulls and Celtics met Rose got 30 big points against Rondo and the Celts. 

We shall see. I personally think deep teams that play team ball can rise over these superstars in miami and new york playing with a bunch of mediocre talent.

yes the Bulls are scary. But our big 3 and guys like West and JO can still match or exceed the Noah-Gibson-Korver/Brewer-Bogans-Asik production the next 2 years.

We just need a 3rd big, maybe someone like Kaman, to make the Rondo-Green-_____ trio match up w/ Rose-Deng-boozer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: move to make : I'd rather have Battier than Crawford. He is only a year older. If that was the situation you tell Pierce to again get in great cardio shape and expect more mins at SG. Green becomes easier to trade if you have Battier. but guys like Battier and Crawford won't put us over the edge unless we make a major more at C. So it is unlikely that they give them MLE deals that kill cap space.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    You don't expect anything out of battier except play tough Defense and sometimes knock down some open shots, and while i agree that we need a center we don't need to make a major move at the position!!! Remember this group won a championship with Perk, he's not somebody that will give u double digit scoring!! we only need a defensive presence inside, someone who would rebound and block shot and i think that's dalembert and with him along with battier we have some defense inside and on the perimeter with scoring when we need it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

In Response to move to make:
    [QUOTE]#1Trade Rondo for Chris Paul.   Trade Baby and Rondo to get him. #2 Sign and trade Green for Deandre Jordan (Clippers need  Small forward and can you imagine green and Blake in transition..)  They already have Kaman who they won't be able to get rid of. #3 Resign DWest #4 Sign BAttier  (2 years bi annual exception) #5 Full Mid level exception (Carl Landry) or just something around 4million #6 Resign Krisitic for low money Starters PG: Chris Paul SG: Paul Pierce SF: Shane Battier PF: KG C: Deandre Jordan Bench Carl Landry, RA, Delonte, Kristic, JO, Avery Bradley This team would compete and would be more athletic..  After the year we would be in a good position to Sell D Howard as Garnett, and Allen could resign for Vet Minimums for a couple of years.  IT would give Howard and Paul 2 legit years to contend and with the 2 of them they'd have the base for years to come. All a pipe dream but if they can gety Paul it could be possible.   Deandre Jordan could be traded even to Orlando this year with some other players if Orlando decides to unload which they should.
    Posted by celticjay[/QUOTE]

I DNT THINK WHAT YOU HAVE IS POSSIBLE

REALISTIC LINEUP . 

PG - RONDO
    SG - ALLEN / PP34 ( THE TRUTH ) IF ALLEN COMES FROM BENCH
    SF - GREEN / PP34 
    PF - GARNET / SOMEONE ELSE
    C  - JON / FREE AGENT

BENCH 

WEST
    WAFER
    AVERY BRADLEY