Move up and Draft a Big PF or C

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C:
    Have you seen Leonard play? Steimsa redux. Nothing wrong with that, but Meyers is a serviceable backup C in the NBA given time and patience. He is certainly no where ready to come into the NBA next year and contribute to a team that is playoff caliber. At 8-12 C's need a player that could be a star, not a back up. I think the guy who slides is Sullinger. Is he 6'9" and with those arms he plays like 6'10" anyways. Will he get in shape? IMO he is a guy that could fall out of the lottery and still be a potential star.
    Posted by rkarp

Ive seen him play about 5 times this year and I was not impressed.  He may be different in the pros but he is not physical at all and is out of position on defense constantly.  Offensively he is ok but if he is that good and 7ft then he would be in the top 5-6 picks and that aint happening....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Anyone know why Withey from Kansas is no longer on the draft board?  (nbamockdraft.net)

He would be a nice backup Center

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : That's why I preferenced the question with "in addition to a FA & Steamer."  With a FA big backed by Steamer this gives Meyers time to develop, which I don't see as a long term project .... maybe one year or a little longer but he's got more upside and will take the backup role fairly quick with his athleticism.
    Posted by Mployee8

Sullinger has the Big Baby/Sean May syndrome right now Let's see how he looks if Danny gets him in for a workout/interview and then maybe if he slides past 10 or 12 Danny can move both 1st for him.

Sullinger could easily be a Derrick Coleman/Carlos Boozer type with his 7'1" wingspan and good offensive moves... even if he is an 18p-9r avg D 3rd best player on a  contender for his prime type that's what we need if we have Rondo, Green, Bass and Avery moving forward, we'll just need to add 1 player better than Green/Sullinger and 1 more 5th-7th best type as the big 3 retire.

We could do worse than a KG/Stiemsma and Bass/Sullinger frontcourt. Remember we have Green coming back and Ray/Avery can take 36 mins at G and bring in a guy like Mayo w/ the cap space for another 24-28 mins. That team would compete with CHi/Mia next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

It's doubtful Sullinger would fall into the 20's where Boston's picks most likely will be. They could package both 1st to move up to get Sullinger.

I doubt Boston would keep all 4 draft picks, plus have JJJ, Moore and Steimsma on the roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's doubtful Sullinger would fall into the 20's where Boston's picks most likely will be. They could package both 1st to move up to get Sullinger. I doubt Boston would keep all 4 draft picks, plus have JJJ, Moore and Steimsma on the roster.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

OMG!!!  Did you really just write that?  OMG!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : So you follow thru on the Ray for Mayo trade that Danny couldn't get done at the deadline? I'm no fan of paying big $ for an unreliable center. Rather see KG stay at center where he seems to be rejuvenated and sign Humphries. So while White is projected to be a possible PP @ SF you'd play him @ PF?
    Posted by Mployee8

Don't trade Ray, just let him go, and sign Mayo and Humphries.  Keep KG and Steamer.....sign Green........draft White/Melo  and Waiters/Lamb

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : OMG!!!  Did you really just write that?  OMG!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Yeah, Sullinger will probably go about 15th.
    Boston's #22 and #24 for the 15th pick. (Not the 3rd pick).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Yeah, Sullinger will probably go about 15th. Boston's #22 and #24 for the 15th pick. (Not the 3rd pick).
    Posted by Mark from Ct

That is not worth 2 picks, unless HOU throws in Courtney Lee!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : That is not worth 2 picks, unless HOU throws in Courtney Lee!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

If a team wants to move up, they have to pay the price...

There are no draft day hand outs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Have you seen Leonard play? Steimsa redux. Nothing wrong with that, but Meyers is a serviceable backup C in the NBA given time and patience. He is certainly no where ready to come into the NBA next year and contribute to a team that is playoff caliber. At 8-12 C's need a player that could be a star, not a back up. I think the guy who slides is Sullinger. Is he 6'9" and with those arms he plays like 6'10" anyways. Will he get in shape? IMO he is a guy that could fall out of the lottery and still be a potential star.
    Posted by rkarp

I don't know how much you have seen Meyers play.  I have seen a lot of him.  I am not surprised at what people are saying here.  And the only way the Celts can get him is if that perception prevails.  Otherwise he will go way too early.

Meyers is going to be a fantastic player in NBA.  He was playing on a team with terrible guard play.  Also, he was in the process of discovering himself as a basketball player.  His is way better than what we are reading here.

Meyers is an excellent defender, both individually and in the team concept.  His problem is maturity and poise in the face of difficult game situations.  His offensive game is underdeveloped.  That has more to do with the guards that he was playing with.  They just could not get him the ball appropriately.  His athleticism is off charts.  He is an excellent shot blocker.  He has shut down every touted big that he played against.  He can make mid range shots.  He can make his free throws.

There is no chance of the Celts getting him but if Danny can, people here should rejoice wildly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Festus Ezeli is the guy I'd take.  Should be available with either the C's or Clippers pick.  Athletic big that can defend in the post, run the floor and has a developing post up game.  Many similarities to Perk in his game. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBYpDJu5A0

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : I don't know how much you have seen Meyers play.  I have seen a lot of him.  I am not surprised at what people are saying here.  And the only way the Celts can get him is if that perception prevails.  Otherwise he will go way too early. Meyers is going to be a fantastic player in NBA.  He was playing on a team with terrible guard play.  Also, he was in the process of discovering himself as a basketball player.  His is way better than what we are reading here. Meyers is an excellent defender, both individually and in the team concept.  His problem is maturity and poise in the face of difficult game situations.  His offensive game is underdeveloped.  That has more to do with the guards that he was playing with.  They just could not get him the ball appropriately.  His athleticism is off charts.  He is an excellent shot blocker.  He has shut down every touted big that he played against.  He can make mid range shots.  He can make his free throws. There is no chance of the Celts getting him but if Danny can, people here should rejoice wildly.
    Posted by prakash

Nice info on him, thanks

so you mean no chance he makes it to 9-13 range? Cuz that is the range where we assume two 1st rd picks and maybe Jujuan Johnson can get us into

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C":
    In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Indeed ... that works if we don't move up ... I'm thinking this is the year Danny finally moves up to get more of an NBA ready type player and we already have JJJ, Moore, Bradley & Steamer. Can't have too much youth so either Moore and/or JJJ get moved or we convert our picks to a veteran player or a higher #1 and #2 pick (two total picks max). Posted by Mployee8
    Moore and JJJ have ached their ceiling. If the C' s keep the 2 picks, and resign Bass and Green, I assume either JJJ or Moore, or both, don't make the team next year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C":
    In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : I don't know how much you have seen Meyers play.  I have seen a lot of him.  I am not surprised at what people are saying here.  And the only way the Celts can get him is if that perception prevails.  Otherwise he will go way too early. Meyers is going to be a fantastic player in NBA.  He was playing on a team with terrible guard play.  Also, he was in the process of discovering himself as a basketball player.  His is way better than what we are reading here. Meyers is an excellent defender, both individually and in the team concept.  His problem is maturity and poise in the face of difficult game situations.  His offensive game is underdeveloped.  That has more to do with the guards that he was playing with.  They just could not get him the ball appropriately.  His athleticism is off charts.  He is an excellent shot blocker.  He has shut down every touted big that he played against.  He can make mid range shots.  He can make his free throws. There is no chance of the Celts getting him but if Danny can, people here should rejoice wildly. Posted by prakash
    The player you describe at 7'0 tall is a top 3 draft choice. Meyers doesn't make it into the lottery, and needs 2-3 years to be a serviceable back up in the NBA. If the. C's were to trade up to the 12th pick, they need a potential star, not a serviceable back up. At #12 Celts would have multiple options and Danny can spot talent. No need to waste a 12 on a back up C

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C": Moore and JJJ have ached their ceiling. If the C' s keep the 2 picks, and resign Bass and Green, I assume either JJJ or Moore, or both, don't make the team next year.
    Posted by rkarp

You ARE kidding, right??? Maybe AB comes to mind...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C": The player you describe at 7'0 tall is a top 3 draft choice. Meyers doesn't make it into the lottery, and needs 2-3 years to be a serviceable back up in the NBA. If the. C's were to trade up to the 12th pick, they need a potential star, not a serviceable back up. At #12 Celts would have multiple options and Danny can spot talent. No need to waste a 12 on a back up C
    Posted by rkarp

Yes, the player I am describing is a top 3 draft pick.  Mobile like Dwight Howard.  Athletic like Dwight Howard.  Already a better shooter and free throw shooter than Dwight Howard.  He has not developed his offensive game rhythm yet.  That will come 1-2 years.

The ony way the Celts get him is if your assessment becomes the norm and he stays under valued.  Just like Avery Bradley.

So I am praying that he is available when the Kings pick.  And Danny is able to trade 2-3 draft picks and get him.

Sections
Shortcuts