Move up and Draft a Big PF or C

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C

In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Nice info on him, thanks so you mean no chance he makes it to 9-13 range? Cuz that is the range where we assume two 1st rd picks and maybe Jujuan Johnson can get us into
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I wish.  In 2010 DeMarcus Cousins was going to fall to the Celts.  Then the off season workouts started.  He shot up the charts.  The same will happen with Meyers.  When he starts working out for teams his stock is going to rise like crazy.  The kid gets up for challenges.  He is quite underdeveloped right now.  But GMs will drool over his potential.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Yes, the player I am describing is a top 3 draft pick.  Mobile like Dwight Howard.  Athletic like Dwight Howard.  Already a better shooter and free throw shooter than Dwight Howard.  He has not developed his offensive game rhythm yet.  That will come 1-2 years. The ony way the Celts get him is if your assessment becomes the norm and he stays under valued.  Just like Avery Bradley. So I am praying that he is available when the Kings pick.  And Danny is able to trade 2-3 draft picks and get him.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on this one ... a sleeper that could slide some yet be a key starter in 2-3 years and an anchor for years thereafter.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7501291/illinois-fighting-illini-meyers-leonard-shoulders-plenty-college-basketball

The shoulders are broad, symmetrical support beams designed to sustain the 7-1 frame Meyers Leonard calls home. Like Meyers himself, a straightforward 19-year-old whose cropped haircut and intense gaze let you know he doesn't suffer fools or slights well, the shoulders are strong and unflinching. They don't buckle or waver, not with the weight of Jared Sullinger bearing down on them.
    [+] EnlargeMeyers Leonard
    Damen Jackson/Icon SMI Meyers Leonard went toe-to-toe with Ohio State All-American Jared Sullinger during the Illini's win over the Buckeyes on Jan. 10.

A one-time pitcher turned guard turned big man after a six-inch growth spurt between his freshman and sophomore years in high school, Meyers is something of a basketball anomaly. He gained all that height without losing his coordination or his fast-twitch muscles.
    [+] EnlargeLeonard
    Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

He can shot-block and skyhook, but can also dribble and shoot. "You come to our practices and watch at the end," Illini coach Bruce Weber said. "He'll knock down 50 3s in a row."

But although Meyers might not be ready for the NBA, there's a chance the NBA will be ready for Meyers and his 7-foot-1, 245 pounds of chiseled muscle. He is quintessential upside, a package of potential that, if tapped, could soar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Yeah, it's top 44 protected. So the Celts have 3 draft picks this year, not 4.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

So what ... what's the big deal? If the Bucks slip some, entirely possible we pick it up. Meh ....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Like Vucevic? Picked 16th and now starting ahead of Hawes. (That's why Hawes could be picked up cheap $4-6M as a backup to KG making Humphries affordable @ PF). Meyers is much better than Vucevic ... more athletic and more potential offensively even though the C's need rebounding and defense from the center position more. Meyers will steal the starting job is 12-18 months (no betting allowed). Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Hawes>Meyers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]If we take the kid from Vandy, be prepared for a ton of Seinfeld references..........
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Festus for the rest of us?

The Airing of grievences.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : You ARE kidding, right??? Maybe AB comes to mind... Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE] I think you must be kidding, right? Bradley had jump off the charts athleticism, was a top 3 coming out of high school. He was a #1 draft choice after one year of college. Moore gave teams 4 years to decide his potential upside, and the teams deemed him a #2 draft choice. He is as good now as he is going to get. Given more experience, he will become a smarter player, but he is a step slow, and his shot needs a lot of work. He was able to over power players in college, but not in the NBA. If C's go G with the first round and keep Ray, Moore is a long shot. JJJ simply is not strong enough to see minutes in the NBA on a regular basis. He is what, 23 years old now? How much weight/strength does he gain over the next 2-3 years? He is an 11 or 12 th man because of his height, but if the C's go big in round 1 and Garnett, Bass , Wilcox, Green come back, along with Steimsa, JJJ will have a tough go of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I was referring to people that had all but given up on Bradley...some were even saying he did not belong in the NBA .....If we give up on rookies after one year..
    might as well pack it up and go home...sorry can't go along with that.
     some players take longer than others..if it was that easy,, the draft would be automatic.based on jaw dropping talent... some would argue that by going with 4 year players, the transition would be easier.
    .I was one of the few defending bradley all along..(saying not to give up to soon)
    .precisley for the reasons you mentioned...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

How could you possibly know after a shortened season and zero off season, if they both won't make the team? I'm wondering if you said the same thing about Avery Bradley or Steisma? Just a ridiculous comment.

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C": Moore and JJJ have ached their ceiling. If the C' s keep the 2 picks, and resign Bass and Green, I assume either JJJ or Moore, or both, don't make the team next year.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Steisma is a step slow..some would say Ray is a step slow, yet he will go down as an all timer...Bird, Magic were not endowed with blazing speed..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]Festus Ezeli is the guy I'd take.  Should be available with either the C's or Clippers pick.  Athletic big that can defend in the post, run the floor and has a developing post up game.  Many similarities to Perk in his game.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBYpDJu5A0
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

Many similarities except for: the ability to get off his feet repeatedly in a sequence, has hands so he can catch the ball, can move his feet (and even run with some grace), and has four years of SEC college ball (and some college courses) behind him. Other than being about the same size, there really isn't much commonality between them. But you're otherwise correct in the rest of your assessment.  I'd take the guy in a heartbeat assuming there isn't an obviously better player available.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Steisma is a step slow..some would say Ray is a step slow, yet he will go down as an all timer...Bird, Magic were not endowed with blazing speed..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Ray is a step slow cause he is old. He was really atheltic when he was younger!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Moultie was the early leader by a decent margin when this post was 48 hours old but now Leonard is ahead 11-9 ...

I wonder if that's based on Leonard's appeal or a desire to see KG back at PF. Ironically, I'm one who thinks KG has embraced the center position and that it's rejuvenated him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Many similarities except for: the ability to get off his feet repeatedly in a sequence, has hands so he can catch the ball, can move his feet (and even run with some grace), and has four years of SEC college ball (and some college courses) behind him. Other than being about the same size, there really isn't much commonality between them. But you're otherwise correct in the rest of your assessment.  I'd take the guy in a heartbeat assuming there isn't an obviously better player available.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]
    At least with thi guy, there is no question as to whether he is a Center..
    don't have to worry about him dancing around the three pt line...chucking away...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Current C's picks per DraftExpress mock draft:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Evan-Fournier-5719/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Arnett-Moultrie-5754/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]How could you possibly know after a shortened season and zero off season, if they both won't make the team? I'm wondering if you said the same thing about Avery Bradley or Steisma? Just a ridiculous comment. In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C :
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

Moore wont make the team because he lacks NBA talent and he is a G. JJJ also lacks the talent, but his length makes him more valuable.
    AB talent level is a diff conversation from Moore and JJJ.
    I actually did say the same thing about Steisma.....5 years ago when he was draft eligible. Like JJJ, Steisma coming out of college simply was not ready for the NBA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Steisma is a step slow..some would say Ray is a step slow, yet he will go down as an all timer...Bird, Magic were not endowed with blazing speed..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Ortiz, please stop. You are embarassing yourself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not to be a wet blanket, but can someone detail an NBA trade where multiple draft picks were used as ammo to move up to, say, top 10?  Seems less prevalent in the NBA than in the NFL draft. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

It's doable but hard to find one that's been done ... mainly cause the NBA requires a team to use it's #1 pick every other year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Not to be a wet blanket, but can someone detail an NBA trade where multiple draft picks were used as ammo to move up to, say, top 10?  Seems less prevalent in the NBA than in the NFL draft. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't see that happening at all.  They might be able to move up to 15 or so with two picks in the 20's but I really don't see top 10.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Move up and Draft a Big PF or C : Yeah I don't see that happening at all.  They might be able to move up to 15 or so with two picks in the 20's but I really don't see top 10.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Red thinks that a team can get a top 5 pick with 2 picks in the 20's.
    Picks in the 20's don't work out much more then they do work out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Red no longer thinks that, as the draft is too deep.
    Mark thinks Darko Milicic is the T-Wolves all-time leading scorer!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Always pick the best talent....never the highest need.