Mr. Brick Shot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Mr. Brick Shot

I might start keeping a tally of the avg number of anti-Rondo discussion/threads started each week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Every player in his league has a weakness...EVERYBODY, we all know that Rondo is not a great shooter or FT Shooter, you repeatedly posting thread about it will not change that fact, it will not make him better than he already is, that shot was practically non existent at the start of his career but it improved every season and will continue to improve. JKidd was never a great shooter in his early days but he's tird all time in three pointers made so please stop being negative

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Unless Danny rebuilds this team around speed and athleticism, there is absolutely no reason to keep Rondo around. He is a poor fit in a half court set where his lack of shooting becomes a major liability, especially at the end of games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Like this is new to them????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Fierce, what is your problem?  You mention in every thread about his free throws.  How many time must I mention that those missed free throws didnt cost us the Indiaa game.  The two missed free throws the other night didn't cost us.  Pierce missed one in the 4th as well.  Why start another thread?  If you think flooding BDC is going to get the Celtics front office attention then your suffering from dellusions of grandeur.  Don't hold your breath hoping DA is searching the web to get the advice of arm chair fan GMs.  I think DA has forgotten more than you will know about the game.  In Danny I trust over internet posters who rants over and over about the same thing.  We get it!!! If it bothers you so much route for the Bobcats, Wizards, Kings, or Nets!!!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Mr. Brick Shot:
    [QUOTE]If Chauncey Billups is Mr. Big Shot then our Rajon Rondo is Mr. Brick Shot. No other PG in the association bricks more FTs in the 4th qtr. than you know who.  Against the Pacers last January 6, Rondo missed 2 FTs in the 4th qtr. when he could have cut the Pacers lead to 5 or 6 points with less than 4 minutes remaining. Last night, with the score tied at 79-79, Mr. Brick Shot went to the FT line for 2 FTs and a chance to give the Celts the lead for the first time since the 1st qtr. What happened next? You guessed it, 2 bricks. Here's an example of how to lose a game with 1.5 secs remaining and the score is tied. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3Ff1KzyVU
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]ANYONE THAT KNOWS BASKETBALL..... CONCURS WITH THIS POST !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Rondo is still the best PG the Celts have had aince DJ, and these posts just tire me out.

Sorry Fierce, Pud, Dud, etc.

/>>ignore<<

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is still the best PG the Celts have had aince DJ, and these posts just tire me out. Sorry Fierce, Pud, Dud, etc. /> />ignore<<
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE] SON, DID YOU EVER PLAY BASKETBALL, OTHER THAN IN THE FAMILY DRIVEWAY ????????

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Rose Chalmers Holiday Collison Teague Nelson Jennings Westbrook Paul Parker Lawson Harris Felton Fisher Kidd Those are the starting PGs of the playoff teams in the east and west. None of them are bad FT shooters. None! Among the playoff teams, no starting PG, other than Rondo, shoots below 60% at the FT line. Is this really very difficult to understand?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You still trying to get your message across?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am amazed at the repetition on this BB from all of us.  Rondo's shooting whether you love or hate him is a valid issue.  He hurts the team especially in crunch time. 

Rondo before Feb. of last year was a game breaker making plays late in games that effected the outcome. This has not happened this year.  So his shooting becomes the paramount issue.  He either makes enough plays to wreak havoc on defense without shooting well or he is a liabilty in every game going forward.

He as I said is not making those plays at all this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

As an educator, I'm getting a little concerned that objectivity is being interpreted as "hating."  My students ask me about the lakers, and I say "they have no PG, koME shoots too much (for my taste), and they have little perimeter defense and a highly suspect bench."  Any of that untrue?  And they label me  a "hater."

Same thing here - Rondo IS a bad shooter, and he IS a bad FT shooter.  It IS a crime that he is after 6(?) years in the league.  He IS our most tradeable asset due to his youth and talent.  That does NOT make me a Rondo "hater".  It makes me an objective fan who wants my team to improve.  I like Rondo, too, but if we want to extend our window we CANNOT win with him at PG!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : SON, DID YOU EVER PLAY BASKETBALL, OTHER THAN IN THE FAMILY DRIVEWAY ????????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    Actually, the case could be made that it takes someone who understands the game to appreciate Rondo.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : Actually, the case could be made that it takes someone who understands the game to appreciate Rondo.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

DA appreciates Rondo. He picked him up 6 years ago and groomed him into a PG with market value.

He's also been trying to trade him to improve the team.

DA certainly qualifies as someone who understands the game. Wouldn't you agree?

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : Appreciating Rondo? Sure! Rondo is fun to watch. He's a basketball wizard. The problem is he's not fundamentally sound.  PGs can't be bad shooters and bad at the FT line at the same time. Rondo's having a hard time scoring in the 4th qtr. when the game slows down. That's where Rondo's lack of outside shooting and poor FT shooting hurts the Celtics.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

"HATER!!"    LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The point is Rondo is a talent that does not fit the best interests of the team anymore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Occupy BDC=ignore  

Danny Ainges is not logging on to BDC!!!  So stop with all the criticism!!!  We hear you already!    

Oh one more thing.....

THIS IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM WITH or WITHOUT RONDO!!!!!!!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts