Mr. Brick Shot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Mr. Brick Shot

This is what Rondo bring to the table. No he is not a pretty shooter, but he can score when he needs to. He is a savy veteran at this stage. Hopefully, this team is making the transition from the older slower players to a mix of younger players. Rondo facilitates the transition by playing at a higher rate of speed. He forces his teamates to follow and puts pressure on the defense of the opponents. When he is darting in and out of the paint, eventually somebody will be open. The younger players and new additions are getting adjusted to the system. Injuries have been a blessing in disguise allowing opportunities for the youngster. Very few teams in the league have this kind of flexibility. The great thing about it is that there is still room for improvement. This team definitely has a high ceiling. This JJJ could be the interior savior that we need. Lots of questions should be answered in the next 2 weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : Wikipedia! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Cheater!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]RONDO LOVERS, JUST ASK YOURSELVES THIS QUESTION, WHY IS IT THAT AMONG THE 15 OTHER PLAYOFF TEAMS ONLY THE CELTICS HAVE A STARTING PG SHOOTING BELOW 60% FROM THE FT LINE? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fail to see where you wrote CENTER in that post.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : Center & PG are the most important positions so the point he makes applies equally to the center spot  .... Fierce got pics on you or what?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does, I agree 100 percent....but we are talking about Rondo in this thread.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The guy can't shoot and can't make free throws.  At the end of a game Shaq or Dwight can score inside when no one else can stop them. Rondo can't do that.  He also for some reason does not take the ball to the basket late in games.

Comparing power inside players to a point guard who can't shoot is ridiculous as big man usually are most effective around the basket.  Point guards are expected to able to create and make shoots when things get bottled up at the end of the game.  Really how is this not obvious even if you see Rondo's other abilities.  He hurts the team not shooting and allowing other teams in crunch time to lay off him outside. How is there even an argument about this?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : Huh? That's how Rondo scores ... layups taking it to the rim ... his main weapon is speed and he has and will beat bigs to the rim in the 4th quarter.

RR is having a hard time scoring in the 4th this season. When was the last time we saw RR go on a scoring spree in the 4th? lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : Huh? That's how Rondo scores ... layups taking it to the rim ... his main weapon is speed and he has and will beat bigs to the rim in the 4th quarter.
    When was the last game you saw Rondo beat the bigs as you say in the fourth quarter. My guess is before Feb. 2011. C'mon this guy never trys to even score in the second half of the fourth quarter.  Please tell me the last time Rondo has taken over at the end of the fourth quarter by taking it to the rim over the bigs and won a game that way.

It hasn't happened for over a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

All that matters is if the team is happy with him.  The way I see it they are.  Rondo is a unique talent.  Danny fleeced the Suns for him and he helped win the championship that still has us one up on the competition.  It's so easy to be an armchair quarterback.  Go Rondo!  Celtics are a "We" team not an "I" team.  If you're unhappy with them find another team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Mployee is not in touch with reality. Must be high on drugs. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" 'm just trying to get my message across. Who knows, maybe Ainge or someone from the Celts front office is actually on this board. "

You're kidding right? You honestly think someone from the Celts front office is scouring this board for clues on what to do? You think you have a clearer understanding of Rondo's weaknesses than Ainge? That's downright delusional. 

Fierce you are heading into troll territory with your anti-Rondo crusade. Your points are not wrong but you need to mix it up a little. Constantly posting anti-Rondo tirades won't make a trade happen but it will cost you in this forum. 

I believe the Celts are two strong pieces away from a championship, not one. But let's say you are right, and trading Rondo can get us a ring (though we have won a ring with him before as you'll recall). Ainge is surely open to trading him for the right players. There's nothing you have to post here to accomplish that. 

One thing I want to point out is that Lebron is not a good free throw shooter either and is scared to go the hole in the fourth quarter as a result. Nevertheless the Heat are pretty glad to have him. Great coaching isn't about coaching perfect players, it's about making the pieces fit. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Brick Shot : We won a ring with Rondo, true. But when we won we had Cassell and House to play PG in crunch time.  Lebron is an above average FT shooter, career 74.4% from the FT line. He's considered by many as the best NBA player in the last 5 years. But because he failed to win a championship in 2 tries, he's somewhat of a disappointment. This is not a North Korean forum and Rondo is not Kim Jong-il. Us fans have every right to criticize the players.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Mix it up a bit, Fierce, as Kim Spank-il, the Grand One sez. 

When you get on BTS's troll list, NKorea will look like a sports fan's paradise compared to being IGNORED by the spankster and her devoted followers.

I found out the hard way.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

While I think this might be a little stretched out, Rondo needs to make his freethrows. He's a point guard in the NBA, MAKE FREE THROWS. Or atleast have me shoot them. I;m not perfect but I can shoot 75-80%.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Trollspanker,
    The repetition on this BB is a constant amongst all who post here.  To accuse fans of being in troll territory has me thinking its you who are overeaching.  We are passionate fans watching games and seeing things that to us need to be addressed. That is what this BB is for. Who are you to declare yourself above the opinions that people have here.  We are not here to disrupt we are to express ourselves.

For the record you just stated you think DA needs to make two moves to win a championship this year. That is all many of us are saying.

You make a point about Lebron being a poor free throw shooter and you clearly are misinformed comparing him to Rondo.  A small error but reaching too far to dispute facts is what you are doing here in a bigger sense. Rondo is a poor free throw shooter, Lebron is not. You are a good poster stop dictating the rules and telling others what to do.  Figure some solutions to make the Celtics better that is what this BB is for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

How many layups did he pass up for a perimeter shot yesterday? I saw 3 BLATANT layups passed up. I have never seen this before. He is a scared scorer