Murphy "torn" between Celtics and Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Murphy "torn" between Celtics and Heat

In Response to Re: Murphy "torn" between Celtics and Heat:
    [QUOTE]Murphy, fair skin lad, stay out of the sun kid, come to Boston, the land of your ancestors and have a pint of Guinness...
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]

hey mick---stay in sox  don't be another runrunarun  - we don't talk racial zhyte here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If the guy is smart, and i think he is, he will sign with Celts. Period.
    You get playing time. You get to touch the ball, if you can score. You learn to play defense and run with the new look celts. Thats why we have 3 slots open. I think thats why they havent signed Powe yet. First Murphy, then Powe.Rondo will get you the ball.

In Miami, you get the ball when all else fails. And if things go wrong, you get blamed for it, or elbowed by your own teamates on the way to the bench.
    If lebrons is not happy, nobody is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy "torn" between Celtics and Heat : Yes, Petey, if you read my post, you and I agree on the LOGIC of Murphy coming here.  Unfortunately, its about the perception he has, not the logic.  If he's told he can play WITH Bosh on the court and he'll be critical to them (promises, promises, promises) and then he looks at living in Miami vs coming to Boston - he may be easily swayed.   Riley will sell the glamour of playing with the highly visible Heat and will make many promises that won't be kept. I can see Murphy and his agent being sold on Miami.  I have never been a big Murphy fan so if he chooses Miami - so be it.  I don't think its a big loss at all, myself.   I could take a D-leaguer + Shaq and JON being healthy.   Its Shaq and JON's health that will determine our championship hopes, I believe (especially Shaq's health and willingness to play D).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Celtsfan4life, I sure hope you're wrong.  I think all the glamour and lights don't matter to Murphy.  At this point in his career, it's about winning a ring and there is no way his agent can say that's Miami IF that's the goal.

Murphy will be with either team for the remainder of the season and playoffs.  He won't be guaranteed anything more than that right now.  If Murphy and his agent were smart, they would realize he'd get more valuable and important minutes with the Celtics.  He'd be able to contribute which is what he needs to cement a decent contract after this season.

And you just cannot dismiss the age of the players in front of him which means he'd be counted on during his time with the C's.  He might even be in for some starts in place of KG at some time during the season.  No better situation to showcase his talents.

And, if he performed well, he could command a new contract with the Celtics.

Bottom line, whichever way he chooses, I just want it over so we all can move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]If the guy is smart, and i think he is, he will sign with Celts. Period. You get playing time. You get to touch the ball, if you can score. You learn to play defense and run with the new look celts. Thats why we have 3 slots open. I think thats why they havent signed Powe yet. First Murphy, then Powe.Rondo will get you the ball. In Miami, you get the ball when all else fails. And if things go wrong, you get blamed for it, or elbowed by your own teamates on the way to the bench. If lebrons is not happy, nobody is.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Well, Petey if you are a franchise player, there is no problem picking a team who can give you a ring (because u already made a millions). But Murphy is not a franchise player and you cannot tell if his priority is the ring or the money.
    If you have family and wants a future security, do you want a ring or the money?
    So, its not the matter of being smart its a matter of priority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I know we all favor our team, but in Miami, at least he will be on the floor more.  In Boston, I'm not so sure, he has to show in a very short time that he is more effective than BBD and/or Kristic and/or Green.  If not, he is not going to get a lot of minutes.  He is a very good at shooting a spot jumper for a big man, this can work very well in Miami where he can bring out opposing big man so that Wade and LeBron will try to get to the rim and/or dish out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

YAHOO-Mark Spears says he chooses Miami and then Stein just tweeted hes going to Boston

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Does Murphy really think those 3 Ego maniacs in Miami would even pass him the ball???   I mean I keep hearing the Heat need more heads to stretcht the court?!  Really, they already have House, Jones, Miller...how many shooters you need?  Murph will have to get donw low grab some boards just to get touches...im sorry, but I dont see Wade or Lebron passing to him, well because Bosh is the same player but better and more seasoned...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Another big factor might be, the Heat and the Celtics both are over the cap, but the Heat need to sign Bibby after this season, presumably with the MLE.  We, oth, have an opened MLE for Murphy if he wants it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Also, couldnt Murph and his agent just be entertaining Miami to get more money from Boston, or does it not work like that, im not sure.

As far as Murph goes, I think since he is one of few options we are anxious to get him, but 2 things to consider.  1.) like someone else mentioned, if we get back J.O.N, our big man situation actually looks ok if Baby can come back to form  2.) He has not played really at all in N.J. and was mad for being traded or whatever and was out of shape, so he may not do much and if doesnt want to be here, why force him and have him b*tch and moan and not play well??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]Also, couldnt Murph and his agent just be entertaining Miami to get more money from Boston, or does it not work like that, im not sure. As far as Murph goes, I think since he is one of few options we are anxious to get him, but 2 things to consider.  1.) like someone else mentioned, if we get back J.O.N, our big man situation actually looks ok if Baby can come back to form  2.) He has not played really at all in N.J. and was mad for being traded or whatever and was out of shape, so he may not do much and if doesnt want to be here, why force him and have him b*tch and moan and not play well??
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    Both teams are over the cap, so there is really not much to negotiate.  It is our MLE or the Heat MLE, that is all there is really.  Murphy needs to compete for playing time here, less so in Miami.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

According to ESPN murphy himself sent an email confirming he is joining the Celtics

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Murphy "torn" between Celtics and Heat:
    [QUOTE]Well let's hear your pitch to Murphy if you were Ainge. Riley is very influential. Troy, this is Doc and Danny on the conference call. We have beat the Heat 3 times already. We will not talk about the Heat or why you shouldn't go there, we'll talk about us but just know we already beat them 3 times. We were in the Finals last year and are better this year. He would most likely be coming off the bench with BBD since he has more skills than Krstic. Our staple is defense and defense is desire and want too. If you want to rebuild your rep, this is the place to come. You will get open looks and fit well into our plans for the next several years. We see you as a Sheed Wallace type but with better judgment when it comes to shooting 3s. We need your scoring off the bench. I'm going to conference in KG, PP, RA and Shaq. By the way, how are you going to explain to your Irish family that you turned down the Celtics?? Hopefully you choose us but if not, good luck and we'll see you in the playoffs.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

It sounds like Troy liked my pitch. Welcome aboard Mr. Murphy!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

murphy will suffer in miami.  i think he would do okay for us.  in miami, he'd be forced to play center because a 2x4 slab with a face drawn on it is better than joel anthony.  but other than that, it's all the same.  he won't get any shots, just like anthony does, and if he can get a groove rebounding, that's all murphy will do in miami.  not exactly the route to a new contract.  as it is, you have either lebron or d-wade sulking on a wing when they don't have the ball and you have mike miller doing about the same on the other wing.  incredibly stagnant offense with outside bombers and only d-wade or lebron driving the lane.  that's not a murphy type system.

if murph came here, it wouldn't be optimal for his building up a dossier for a new contract either.  he'd be playing more center and be looked to for gobbling up boards, which i think he could do.  it would be the first time murphy played with a winner and i think the coaches and players could light a fire undre his behind to do the job.

if jerlame really is fried like we all know he is, then the horizon in BOS is a little wider for murph minute wise.  and i could see him doing some top of the arc 3's for us.  15 mins a night if they split the 5 three ways.  on blowout games play murphy/kristic more and shak less.  there's some opportunity to show what he has left there.

and more importantly, there is better chance with BOS than MIAMI to get a ring and if he comes here and WINS IT ALL then he can be that mysterious "veteran guy with a ring" the rest of his career to help bridge the gap on other teams on the brink, and guys have made a nice living doing that.

that said, i think BOS would be more attractive to him.  in half the playing time here he's get the same number of FGA's down in miami where you have two disgruntled ball hogs duking it out for control over things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

if murphy is not stupid, then he chooses celtics..... why ? where to get more minutes, wwhere you have to rest kg or bosh ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

excellent, murphy's in!! can't believe he made the right decision. ha! danny gets what he wants, riley likely very frustrated.

get yourself ready to roll, dropkick. opportunity knocks loudly for you up in beantown this spring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy "torn" between Celtics and Heat : Celtsfan4life, I sure hope you're wrong.  I think all the glamour and lights don't matter to Murphy.  At this point in his career, it's about winning a ring and there is no way his agent can say that's Miami IF that's the goal. Murphy will be with either team for the remainder of the season and playoffs.  He won't be guaranteed anything more than that right now.  If Murphy and his agent were smart, they would realize he'd get more valuable and important minutes with the Celtics.  He'd be able to contribute which is what he needs to cement a decent contract after this season. And you just cannot dismiss the age of the players in front of him which means he'd be counted on during his time with the C's.  He might even be in for some starts in place of KG at some time during the season.  No better situation to showcase his talents. And, if he performed well, he could command a new contract with the Celtics. Bottom line, whichever way he chooses, I just want it over so we all can move on.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Well, Petey, The glamour didn't get him. He chose the Celtics.  I hope he lives up to the billing!   Now, let's get on with the season!  A game every other day almost the rest of the season so we get a lot of basketball from here out.  Let's hope this team is now deep and flexible enough to bring home number 18.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Hedley may have had a good point.  BB is far from a sure thing as a Celt long term.  Given how Doc likes to stretch the floor,  Murphy could well be given a chance to stay here a few years.