Murphy is a complete waste!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: Murphy is a complete waste!

In Response to Re: Murphy is a complete waste!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Murphy is a complete waste! : I apologize...I just think you need to give the new guys some more time. Look at Green. He started off somewhat shaky and he was already in game shape.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

He will be OK.Give him time.His basketball IQ is very good.Once in shape he will be a good contribuitor to the 2nd unit.Late in the game yesterday,from the top of the key he saw Allen cutting to the basket and he gave him a perfect pass for a lay up.He will be fine folks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If you want a complete waste then look no further than #0.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Murphy is a complete waste!:
    [QUOTE]How many open shots is he going to miss. Has he made 1 basket yet as a Celtic?
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Nope.  He's oh-fer.  He's hit some FTs, though.

And to top it off, he barely plays defense.  This was an odd, odd move.  It did nothing to help this team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]If you want a complete waste then look no further than #0.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I must really be getting to you, for you to hate a player just because you know i like him!!!   What a sorry clown you are Doink!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

In Response to Murphy is a complete waste!:
    [QUOTE]How many open shots is he going to miss. Has he made 1 basket yet as a Celtic?
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

There are no need for ignorant posts like this! I didn't even read any of the posts because this topic is stupid. He's played 18 games all season. He is just an experienced body. When davis is healthy Murphy is rarely going to play. In fact, I'm glad we have him. He has the 3rd best carreer rebound numbers behind KG and Shaq. And the C's are the WORST rebounding team in the league. Any board help is great for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think we should give Murphy a few weeks to prove himself.  maybe he'll come around.  

However, I disagree with the posters about him not being in game shape.  He practiced with the Nets for a long time and he's a professional.  He should be in enough shape to hit a jumper.  He might have the jitters or just be cold, but not being in physical shape is a TERRIBLE excuse.  He's had enough practice time all year with another team to be able to hit a shot.

Let's give him a couple of weeks to see how it goes and figure it out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]it really sickens me...im sorry but these arent fair basketball observations What are you guys watching?  I wonder, what is SOOOO objectionable about being the best team in the league
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

I don't read a lot of negative comments about the TEAM.  I think the posters love the TEAM.  This thread is about one player....and so far he's been a horrid shooter.  People got on BBD when he was shooting terrible in spurts.  Folks got on Rondo for his shooting.  Posters got on Nate Robinson when his shot was off.   Murphy is fair game....and the criticism is only about his shooting.  So far, fair criticism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Well, I didn't think it was necessary but:  no way is this fair critcism; the guy hasn't even been here a week.  Further, it's nit-picky.  Like the Rondo criticisms.  Fans with way less successful teams and teams that won't go as deeply into the playoffs are psyched about the teams they have, not the teams they wish they had.  Yeah I WISH it was Nowitzki streching the floor but he wasn't available and this is the BENCH we are talking about.  We have the best team in the league and the best bench in the league by far.  These are very VERY well constructed units.  I'll just go for it:  you're gonna eat your words...actually you're not gonna eat your words because not of the critics ever stand up for their retarded views when the opposite is evident.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Well if this was Bibby on the Heat. The whole board would be saying how did they let Carlos go for this scrub. 

We would be laughing at them for trading a decent young big for this washed up has been. 

Danny wanted a high 2nd round pick,and Danny does draft well,so I liked the deal,but Murphy better prove worthy of getting signed or minutes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I think he will be fine and is a good fit for celtics team plays. If not anything he atleast gives us the size and assists. You can throw him at Gasol/Odom in the finals. I love what KG brings to the team but at his age he needs help to guard Gasol. Murphy is a good pick up by the Celtics. I have not watched the entire game last nite but Murphy's poor shooting has a lot to do with Bradley's preschool play. Once Arroyo/West gets into the line up Murphy will be great. New guys are the key for the banner 18, for sure. Go Celtics!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Give the poor guy some time. He has not played and it will take some time. This is a discussion for the future not now.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I don't think Danny would have signed him unless he thought he would be able to contribute.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]This post is a waste. You don't even give a guy 3 weeks to get acclaimated? Jeez , I even think you need more time for someone who is in game shape.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

This post is a waste...LOL...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I think he will be fine and is a good fit for celtics team plays. If not anything he atleast gives us the size and assists. You can throw him at Gasol/Odom in the finals. I love what KG brings to the team but at his age he needs help to guard Gasol. Murphy is a good pick up by the Celtics. I have not watched the entire game last nite but Murphy's poor shooting has a lot to do with Bradley's preschool play. Once Arroyo/West gets into the line up Murphy will be great. New guys are the key for the banner 18, for sure. Go Celtics!
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Well I did watch the entire game and you're wrong.  Bradley wasn't even on the floor the entire time Murphy was playing.  He played with Pierce and others for a stretch.  He missed WIDE OPEN take your time kind of jumpers.   

Again, I'm willing to say he may turn it around and let's give him a few weeks.  But, let's also state the facts and not make inaccurate excuses.  Let's hope he's just off right now and needs some time to recover that old shooting touch.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shine,
    This is BB for people's daily observations about the team we all mutually root for. Ease up.  Murphy has been terrible and everyone here hope he gets better and makes those of us who have been critical eat our words.  I love it when that happens.

This is not a love or leave it place.  You can hate what is going on but still love the team. As a matter of fact that is usually the norm here.

People have to have opinions here or nothing works.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

I think last night he served his role. He has 2 pts 4 rbs 2 asts in 15 mins of play.  Let's remember he only attempted two shots.  Give it time people.  Have some loyalty to your team.  Murphy will help win us some games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Murphy picked up the D very well. The whole time he was in he doubled off the ball and then went back to his man. We had two 24 sec vilolations while he was on D  Murph is a natural shooter give him a few weeks he will be a good 8 min rotation player for us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy is a complete waste! :    I must really be getting to you, for you to hate a player just because you know i like him!!!   What a sorry clown you are Doink!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

If it helps you sleep better at night then go ahead and believe what you said.

Don't worry, you won't be hearing me complain about Bradley anymore. The Bucks game was his last game this season as the backup PG of the Celts.

Maybe you got it all wrong, maybe it's because I hate Bradley that's why you love him. Or you just like bald men? HAHAHA!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

career 45% shooter. 11.8 pts 8.5 reb per 28 minutes.
    much has been made of the celtics lack of practice together.
    hmmmm...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

I think you are jumpimg to conclusions. He will probably be similar to Brad Lohaus or like Rasheed good shooter from 3 point line. He can also rebund. Once he adjusts to the c's way of playing I feel he'l be just fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]career 45% shooter. 11.8 pts 8.5 reb per 28 minutes. much has been made of the celtics lack of practice together. hmmmm...
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

History.  What has he done this year?   I think he will be better when practicing with the Celts, as well, but I'm not fooling my self into thinking he'll be 11.8 points and 8 rebounds.  He'll be 2 to 4 points and 3 rebounds in 10 minutes.  He's just insurance, purely insurance to take up a few minutes when others need a rest or have foul trouble/injury.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

There is a reason why you want to have notrade on ignore - you won't have to post or respond to the little dried up peanuts he offers up as knowledge.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy is a complete waste! : HAHAHA!!! If it helps you sleep better at night then go ahead and believe what you said. Don't worry, you won't be hearing me complain about Bradley anymore. The Bucks game was his last game this season as the backup PG of the Celts. Maybe you got it all wrong, maybe it's because I hate Bradley that's why you love him. Or you just like bald men? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

At least you will admit you hate Avery. That's more than your buddy clown Dink will do. He won't admit he hates Ray!!  How can any Celtic fan Hate a Celtic player?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy is a complete waste! :  At least you will admit you hate Avery. That's more than your buddy clown Dink will do. He won't admit he hates Ray!!  How can any Celtic fan Hate a Celtic player?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I don't hate Avery Bradley. I just don't want him playing this season. Right now he doesn't belong in the NBA.

Everybody on this forum knows that you hate Paul Pierce. So right back at ya! How can any Celtic fan hate a Celtic player?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

For the whole year of 2010-2011 Troy Murphy is shooting 30.6 fg%.  What is odd is that he has only been in 21 games and started 4.  I wonder if he is rehabbing through some type of injury that affects his shooting?  For his whole career he is a 44.5 %fg shooter.  Hopefully Danny Ainge knows something we don't.

Sections
Shortcuts