Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN:
    [QUOTE]This is really exciting news. Ainge had done a great job of building this team.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Amen!  My sentiments exactly!  Losing Perk was/is a BIG loss, but I can't help but feel like the team is actually deeper now with all the other pieces they have picked up.  Hope is alive and strong for number 18!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

[QUOTE]Built for a run at #18 and getting younger at the same time ... Bradley Wafer/Brewer? Green Murphy/Davis Kristic Way to go Danny!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Forgot West if he gets back and stays healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Murphy and the coach did not see eye to eye.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Thanks. If he has near the skill set he showed last year, Doc will find it. PP, KG and Ray will get him oriented to C's basketball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

in danny i now fully trust... belichick and theo have failed me!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

we do not need kapano.... tj ford (rondo clone), and a brewer will be fine! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

Murphy and Nenad can share the Center spot for now.  The O'Neals won't feel rush to come back until they are healthy.  Experienced big men who can catch Rondo's great passes and finish. (Unlike Perk...)

Do we want a defender like Brewer, or a shooter like Kapono?  Azubuike isn't bad either.

At the point, Delonte has been injured a lot and our rookie is too green.  Ford would be an extra ball handler. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

kapono

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq, Krstic, BBD KG, Murphy PP, Green RA, Wafer RR, West Bradley, JON Not too shabby. Next? PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

The key is that Green can play 3 or 4 and West can play 1 or 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Not to break up the party and lovefest here but what makes you guys so sure that these new Celtics pieces and other team's rejects will gel into a cohesive bunch and take Boston over the top? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

victor--so negative but anyway does anyone know if Murphy will play tomorrow against the suns?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Asuming that Murphy has,in fact,opted to join the Celtics,if the Celts also corral Brewer(who I confess I always wanted in a Boston uniform for his extrodinary defense and speed on the break)they should be clearly the choice in the East and a favorite for championship number eighteen.On a side note,I truly believe that Green has the potential for NBA stardom and could well be the cornerstone of their rebuilding program a year or so down the road along with Rondo and perhaps Bradley.I believe Davis has to excel down the stretch and into the playoffs to continue to wear the green.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]we do not need kapano.... tj ford (rondo clone), and a brewer will be fine! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Agree regarding Kapono. He can`t even shoot any more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ainge must be ROFL at the doubters right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

He is a career 39% 3-pt shooter. And the last two seasons he was averaging a double double and it is not like the years before that his numbers were bad.  Not so much a reject as a falling out with the coach.  So for a non-starter player I would say he is pretty good for us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : I'm ROFL at the euphoric  o r g y  of Celtics fans over the signing of rejects from other teams.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

What did Kupchak do to improve the Laker roster?

NOTHING!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I said last week trust DA - he is aggressive but not reckless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ainge is definitely a better gambler than Toine.

HAHAHA!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : What did Kupchak do to improve the Laker roster? NOTHING!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

What makes you so sure the new hodgepodge of Celtics are an improvement?

Why improve on a lineup that won the Title last year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : What makes you so sure the new hodgepodge of Celtics are an improvement? Why improve on a lineup that won the Title last year?

Goes to show you have a small brain.

Anyway, why improve? BECAUSE THE ELITE TEAMS OF THE EAST AND WEST GOT BETTER, MORON!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebostonjam. Show thebostonjam's posts

Love this signing.  

Even Kendrick Perkins as a child loves this trade..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Spoken like a true  A h o l e.

You want to talk about hodgepodge? How about Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith? Both players are ULTIMATE REJECTS! AND THE LAKERS GOT THEM!!!

HAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : You want to talk about hodgepodge? How about Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith? Both players are ULTIMATE REJECTS! AND THE LAKERS GOT THEM!!! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yes, but, unlike you and your irk, I'm not the one saying these guys are improvements and will take the Lakers to another title.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : You want to talk about hodgepodge? How about Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith? Both players are ULTIMATE REJECTS! AND THE LAKERS GOT THEM!!! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Shaq is a lakers reject, but I digress!!  If you take out the swears and insults from 1234, there is nothing left.  The whole point in getting this (THESE) guys is to save our starters for the playoffs...........Jeff Green is NOT a castoff, don't let this blowhard  trip you up!!

NBA teams usually go with a 9 man rotation in the playoffs, if they are lucky.  The lakers, of course,  will have 9 (Odom, and the 3 stiff "B's" no one wanted this off-season, Blake, Barnes and Brown)    So, basically they are a 6 man team.  Better check the away stats for the lakers bench, because without HCA in the playoffs, they may be cooked.
    Anyway (no "s"),   Doc will probably go with Rondo and the 4 Hall of Famers to start, with Davis, Green, West, Jermaine and Murphy.  IF we get Brewer - WOW!  What matchups we can create.  Meanwhile back in we-don't-have-to-do-anthing-we-are-the-mighty-lakers  Kingdom of Arrogance, I'm sure they think they have "flipped the switch."  BUT, they still have SA, MIA and others on  their schedule, and will end up a 3 seed.......................a HUGE dropoff from last year, despite adding Blake and Barnes.....ha ha ha!

Sections
Shortcuts