Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN:
    In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Yes, but, unlike you and your irk, I'm not the one saying these guys are improvements and will take the Lakers to another title.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Open the door, get on the floor
    Everybody walk the dinosaur
    Open the door, get on the floor
    Everybody walk the dinosaur

THAT'S THE LAKER THEME SONG WHEN IT COMES TO JOE SMITH AND THEO RATLIFF!

HAHAHA!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Celtics fan acting stupid...priceless.
    Posted by victorlee1234

The truth hurts, right? Especially in California where the Celts are 4-0 against the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Warriors.

HAHAHA!!!

COME ON, DON'T BE SHY. WALK LIKE A RATLIFF.

HAHAHA!!! AGAIN!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Is it true that the Lakers will change the name of their arena to Jurassic Park?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Celtics fan acting stupid...priceless.
    Posted by victorlee1234

If you don't like it - LEAVE!!

Great job, Fierce - that was classic!!

I think the lakers can field an entire team of rejects and players no one wants:

Blake
    Brown
    Barnes
    Smith
    Ratliff
    Walton as 6th man!!

What a great bench!!!  Aside from Odom, not ONE of them could crack our Top 10!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : If you don't like it -

On the contrary, stupidity from Celtics fans are entertaining.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : If you don't like it - LEAVE!! Great job, Fierce - that was classic!! I think the lakers can field an entire team of rejects and players no one wants: Blake Brown Barnes Smith Ratliff Walton as 6th man!! What a great bench!!!  Aside from Odom, not ONE of them could crack our Top 10!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Let me clarify my points for the mentally impaired.  I'm not, repeat, not bragging that the Lakers old bench will take them to the title.  This is in contrast to Piss34, who thinks the new group of discarded players the Celtics have just obtained will make them a juggernaut. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : On the contrary, stupidity from Celtics fans are entertaining.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Not as entertaining as victorlee...1234. Radio check, 1234, over! How do you copy, 1234, over!

HAHAHA!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : On the contrary, stupidity from Celtics fans are entertaining.
    Posted by victorlee1234

The only one that has said anything wrong is you.  We have Murphy..........name another "reject or castoff" we have on our roster right now!!

Green - no
    Krstic - no
    West - no
    Wafer-maybe
    JON - injured, maybe
    Shaq - no
    Brewer would be perfect here - no expectations.  And, we can then have:
    Rondo
    Brewer
    Green
    to build around for the future, with Bradley and Davis as nice pieces also.

Pierce will end his career as a great 6th man!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : The only one that has said anything wrong is you.  We have Murphy..........name another "reject or castoff" we have on our roster right now!! Green - no Krstic - no West - no Wafer-maybe JON - injured, maybe Shaq - no Brewer would be perfect here - no expectations.  And, we can then have: Rondo Brewer Green to build around for the future, with Bradley and Davis as nice pieces also. Pierce will end his career as a great 6th man!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Anyone who's jettisoned at this late in the season are rejects and castoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

gtu

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

gtu   
    Posted by concord27

Are you a graduate of Georgian Technical University?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Anyone who's jettisoned at this late in the season are rejects and castoffs. 
    Posted by victorlee1234

Like the Grizz jettisoned Pau Gasol to the Lakers in February of 2008?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Like the Grizz jettisoned Pau Gasol to the Lakers in February of 2008?
    Posted by P34

You're comparing Gasol to Murphy, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Murphy averaged 14.6 points and 10.2 rebounds last year. That's a cast off I'll take. Btw, the lakers  would have loved to have him to backup up that thin front court of theirs playing too many minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Anyone who's jettisoned at this late in the season are rejects and castoffs. 
    Posted by victorlee1234

So, again you post without answering the question.  Who, right now, on our roster other than Troy Murphy is a castoff or reject.................and he's a pretty good one, btw!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Murphy averaged 14.6 points and 10.2 rebounds last year. That's a cast off I'll take. Btw, the lakers  would have loved to have him to backup up that thin front court of theirs playing too many minutes.
    Posted by jtkl

These stats are smoke and mirrors.  He played on Indiana!  Who else was supposed to score with Granger hurt?  This guy is a neutral addition if that. 

This season he's got a whopping 4 PPG on just under 5 rebs per 16 min a game.  His 3pt% is down to 17%, and his defense isn't too spectacular. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : These stats are smoke and mirrors.  He played on Indiana!  Who else was supposed to score with Granger hurt?  This guy is a neutral addition if that.  This season he's got a whopping 4 PPG on just under 5 rebs per 16 min a game.  His 3pt% is down to 17%, and his defense isn't too spectacular. 
    Posted by Driscoll92587

Your stats are smoke and mirrors.  He is 30 years old and has CAREER numbers of 12 PPG and 8.5 RPG, in 29 MPG.  So, double your stats, roughly,

in 32 mins THIS year, he would average 8 ppg and 8 rpg.  Those are Perk numbers on better shooting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : So, again you post without answering the question.  Who, right now, on our roster other than Troy Murphy is a castoff or reject.................and he's a pretty good one, btw!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Trolls don't answer questions when they know they're wrong.  And when the Celtics win, they not so mysteriously disappear.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

I cant wait for the playoffs!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Your stats are smoke and mirrors.  He is 30 years old and has CAREER numbers of 12 PPG and 8.5 RPG, in 29 MPG.  So, double your stats, roughly, in 32 mins THIS year, he would average 8 ppg and 8 rpg.  Those are Perk numbers on better shooting.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You think Troy is really going to get 32 minutes per game on this team?  Doubtful.  And his CAREER stats are on dogsh*t teams.  What happened to him in NJ this year? Oh yeah, he stunk.  If he played more consistently maybe he would've had those minutes that you talk about. And why are you comparing a jumpshooting PF/C hybrid with a defensive-minded post playing C?  Not comparable.  But just to humor the comparison, Perk played 26 MPG this season, so if Murphy played the same amount (and not your unrealistic 32 MPG), he would be under Perk's point and rebounding numbers on a worse shooting percentage (34% for Troy, 54% for Perk).  And I know Troy shoots more, but that's not a good thing; those are wasted possessions.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see Troy do well because this team needs him to do well.  But people are acting like this is a huge pick up and is going to solve all of the issues that came about in losing Perk and Semih.  Hopefully it will, but I'll be skeptical until I see him in action.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : What makes you so sure the new hodgepodge of Celtics are an improvement? Why improve on a lineup that won the Title last year?
    Posted by victorlee1234

Can you say "stupid"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Murphy will help the team alot. We'll see.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Victorlee, it may be too much for your little Laker mind to understand, but buy outs are frequently done for financial reasons that have nothing to do with the player's being a cast-off or reject.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : You think Troy is really going to get 32 minutes per game on this team?  Doubtful.  And his CAREER stats are on dogsh*t teams.  What happened to him in NJ this year? Oh yeah, he stunk.  If he played more consistently maybe he would've had those minutes that you talk about. And why are you comparing a jumpshooting PF/C hybrid with a defensive-minded post playing C?  Not comparable.  But just to humor the comparison, Perk played 26 MPG this season, so if Murphy played the same amount (and not your unrealistic 32 MPG), he would be under Perk's point and rebounding numbers on a worse shooting percentage (34% for Troy, 54% for Perk).  And I know Troy shoots more, but that's not a good thing; those are wasted possessions. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Troy do well because this team needs him to do well.  But people are acting like this is a huge pick up and is going to solve all of the issues that came about in losing Perk and Semih.  Hopefully it will, but I'll be skeptical until I see him in action.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

Some things that Murphy does that Perkins never did and never will.  Career Numbers. 

Murphy  --  573 "3" 's made.  Perkins  0  --  11.  Bet Perk never catches up.

Murphy  --  78% FT Shooter   Perkins  --  60% FT Shooter.

Murphy  --  11.8 PTS.  --  8.5 REBS.

Perkins  --  6.4 PTS.  --  6.1 REBS.

Murphy can catch the ball.  Perkins can't.

Perk plays great "D".  Murphy never will.   Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts