Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN

In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : Some things that Murphy does that Perkins never did and never will.  Career Numbers.  Murphy  --  573 "3" 's made.  Perkins  0  --  11.  Bet Perk never catches up. Murphy  --  78% FT Shooter   Perkins  --  60% FT Shooter. Murphy  --  11.8 PTS.  --  8.5 REBS. Perkins  --  6.4 PTS.  --  6.1 REBS. Murphy can catch the ball.  Perkins can't. Perk plays great "D".  Murphy never will.  
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

wow, this post should be repeated over and over on celt sites for the rest of the season...succinct, and honest as well...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Victorlee, it may be too much for your little Laker mind to understand, but buy outs are frequently done for financial reasons that have nothing to do with the player's being a cast-off or reject.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

Nice! Little Laker mind, I like the sound of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy to sign with Celts, per ESPN : You think Troy is really going to get 32 minutes per game on this team?  Doubtful.  And his CAREER stats are on dogsh*t teams.  What happened to him in NJ this year? Oh yeah, he stunk.  If he played more consistently maybe he would've had those minutes that you talk about. And why are you comparing a jumpshooting PF/C hybrid with a defensive-minded post playing C?  Not comparable.  But just to humor the comparison, Perk played 26 MPG this season, so if Murphy played the same amount (and not your unrealistic 32 MPG), he would be under Perk's point and rebounding numbers on a worse shooting percentage (34% for Troy, 54% for Perk).  And I know Troy shoots more, but that's not a good thing; those are wasted possessions. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Troy do well because this team needs him to do well.  But people are acting like this is a huge pick up and is going to solve all of the issues that came about in losing Perk and Semih.  Hopefully it will, but I'll be skeptical until I see him in action.
    Posted by Driscoll92587[/QUOTE]

My statement was based upon how he's done when he's gotten minutes in his career.  I assumed your statement was based on this year alone.  This guy can play and will help us........I'm not saying don't be skeptical, of course you should be.............................but based on his career numbers, and not his numbers this year, he should be better then Perk offensively.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Who would you guys rather have, Joe Smith?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Not difficult to be better than Perk offensively, but its difficult to be better than Shaq, Krstic, and BBD.   Its especially difficult for Murphy to provide the D we need and you know Doc will yank him for lack of defense.   That doesn't show in your stats (his lack of D).   I just don't see him getting lots of minutes and making that big of a difference.  But, if he does - great!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Who will he be covering?  I'm quite certain they won't have him on Howard.

West, Brewer (hoping), Green, Davis and Murphy is a pretty good second unit on both sides of the ball if you ask me!

Sections
Shortcuts