Murphy Worst player in NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA

Trading Lamar was the best thing LA did.
    He has already worn out his welcome in Dallas.
    That 1st round pick and the trade exception will be huge to LA by 3/15.
    If they didn't trade him then, LA could never trade him for a 1st round pick now.

Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Both the Celts and Lakers have the same MLE. Celts got Bass, Wilcox, and Dooling while the Lakers got McBoberts, Kapono, and Murphy. Thanks, Jimmy!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Celtics got Bass in a trade.
    Neither Boston or LA had the MLE.
    They had the mini-MLE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Both the Celts and Lakers have the same MLE. Celts got Bass, Wilcox, and Dooling while the Lakers got McBoberts, Kapono, and Murphy. Thanks, Jimmy!

I fail to see where you wrote mini or full MLE in that post!!

Oh well!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : We're talking about this year, not last year.  How did the Lakers went from Theo Ratliff, Joe Smith, to nothing this year?  Thanks, Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???????
    Joe Smith andf Ratliff hardly played last year. 
    With Bynum and Gasol playing all-star basketball, they don't need great back ups.
    Murphy and McRoberts are fine backups for 10 min/game.

LA is a pg away from the NBA Finals.
    Sessions, Nash, Deron, Lowry.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : I fail to see where you wrote mini or full MLE in that post!! Oh well!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

They are two completely different things.
    It is like Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Mint.
    They are both not called Chocolate.

I should change my name to Teacher or something more appropriate to my role here.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : They are two completely different things. It is like Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Mint. They are both not called Chocolate. I should change my name to Teacher or something more appropriate to my role here.  
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Yes they are, and he KNOWS that.  If you read any of his posts, you'd know he's said MANY times mini-MLE!!  And since it was the only one available, AS HE WROTE, and since we ALL knew what he meant.....it is moot, just like you!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : DH coming to Boston is considered a pipe dream for many. But for the Lakers, even getting Ramon Sessions IS A PIPE DREAM!

LA could trade for Sessions at any time.
    Why should LA rush into making a trade?
    They are probably waiting to see what happens with Deron Williams.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Your fellow Laker trolls would kill you for wanting to trade Bynum for Deron.  I mean Bynum is the starting C for the west All-Stars and you want to trade him for a PG? Ugh!

LA can trade for a pf if they get Deron.

I do think LA will wind up with Sessions though.
    Sessions, Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, remaining trade exception money, Mini-Mamba, other 1st round pick, WOW.
    Order the rings.
    If my Timberwolves can't win it, I hope my Grandpa's Lakers do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Murphy was a huge mistake. We should have kept Harangody and Erden.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Harangody and Erden are in and out of Coach Byron Scott's rotation.  They are up against players on the Cavs roster that are just as good or a little better.  I like both of them.  But here is what I see: Harangody does a lot of strength, smarts and hustle good plays, but does not have the same confidence in his shot that he had in college.  Erden is inconsistant.  He runs around a lot with his athleticism, but is not always in the flow of the game.  One game, he gets some results, another game very little results.  Maybe they both need to be inserted into a rotation and left there so they can work out their flaws because they both look to have decent potential. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Why would we make that comparison? Should we compare Ray to Kobe? Ugh!!!
    Have some respect. When Ray Allen was in his prime he had ultra quickness and unreal shooting ability.  He could get his shot from anywhere.  His opponents were terrified of him.  Comparing Kobe to Ray Allen, both in their primes, I would give the nod to Kobe, but not by much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Have some respect. When Ray Allen was in his prime he had ultra quickness and unreal shooting ability.  He could get his shot from anywhere.  His opponents were terrified of him.  Comparing Kobe to Ray Allen, both in their primes, I would give the nod to Kobe, but not by much.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

LOL times 1 million.
    Ray was an all-star.
    Kobe is an all time great player.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : He's also saying the Cavs will just give away Sessions to the Lakers. Ha Ha

A 1st round pick for a back up pg is not giving him away.
    LA's own pick might be around 18 this year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : LOL times 1 million. Ray was an all-star. Kobe is an all time great player.

Stop just rooting for your team and learn about basketball.  You know Ray Allen is the all time leader in three's and currently is 24th in all time scoring right? By the time he is done with his career he is will rank in the top 15 scorers of all time.    Of course Kobe is better but to say "Ray was an all star.  Kobe is an all time great player" just shows how much of a homer you are.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : LOL times 1 million. Ray was an all-star. Kobe is an all time great player.
         Ray Allen is a certainty to go to the Hall of Fame.  Even when the Celtics won their latest Championship, RA was outstanding but he was not at his best.  RA is an all-time great player but yes, Kobe is career-wise the better player.
         Also, Thank You Snakeoil123.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Kobe Bryant - 1127 games - 25.4 points per game

Ray Allen - 1121 games - 20.1 points per game

Who is better?  Kobe Bryant!  Is it a blowout??  NO WAY!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]Kobe Bryant - 1127 games - 25.4 points per game Ray Allen - 1121 games - 20.1 points per game Who is better?  Kobe Bryant!  Is it a blowout??  NO WAY!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

This is not a discussion worth having.
    Ray never rebounded, defended, passed well or handled the ball well.
    There are so many 20 pt guys in league history.
    Gilbert Arenas has a higher ppg avg then Ray Allen does in their careers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Stop just rooting for your team and learn about basketball.  You know Ray Allen is the all time leader in three's and currently is 24th in all time scoring right? By the time he is done with his career he is will rank in the top 15 scorers of all time.    Of course Kobe is better but to say "Ray was an all star.  Kobe is an all time great player" just shows how much of a homer you are.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Ray Allen is not an all-time great player.
    Allen Iverson was not an all-time great player.
    He was a perennial all-star, scoring champ and had a better career then Ray Allen but his was not an all-time great player.

I wasn't the one that brought up the Ray Allen/Kobe Bryant comparison.
    It is a laughable comparison.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Allen is not an all-time great player. Allen Iverson was not an all-time great player. He was a perennial all-star, scoring champ and had a better career then Ray Allen but his was not an all-time great player. I wasn't the one that brought up the Ray Allen/Kobe Bryant comparison. It is a laughable comparison.

Yeah your all-time 3pt leader is not an all-time great player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy Worst player in NBA : Yeah your all-time 3pt leader is not an all-time great player.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Ray is/was great at one thing but that does not mean he was a great player.
    A person great at blocked shots, rebounds or 3 pointers doesn't mean they are a great player.

Mark Price is the all-time leader in FT percentage.
    He was not an all-time great player.