My Future Celtic Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

My Future Celtic Roster

Trade 1:

BOS: Charlie V, 2014 2nd round pick

DET: Brandon Bass, Jordan Crawford

Trade 2:

BOS: Trever Ariza, 2014 2nd round pick, Veseley (if needed to make $$ work)

WAS: Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks

Trade 3:

BOS: Gerald Henderson (S&T for 4 years 32M)

CHA: Kris Humphries, 2015 Clippers unprotected 1st round pick

Roster (min):

Guards:

Rondo (30)

Pressey (10)

Bradley (25)

Henderson (25)

Lee (10)

Forwards/Centers:

Green (35)

Ariza (15)

Sullinger (35)

Olynyk (25)

Melo (20)

Iverson (10)

Randolph (10)

Villianueva (10)

Rationale: This roster would allow us to sink into the bottom of the standings, while allowing us to play our young guys a lot of minutes. I think the key to tanking next year is playing Melo 15+ minutes per game. At the same time, I believe we make DET, WAS and CHA better, which helps us in the draft. At the end of the season you obviously let Villianueva and Ariza walk.

2014-15 Roster: Rondo (13M), Bradley (4M), Henderson (8M), Green (9M), Olynyk (2M), Lee (5M), Sullinger (1.5M), Melo (1.5M)

2014 Picks: 1st (Celtics), 1st (Nets), 2nd (Celtics), 2nd (Pistons), 2nd (Detroit)

Rough Cap: $45 - $50 (with rookies)

This gets us more picks to move up in 2014, but also to package for another impact player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: My Future Celtic Roster

On a seperate note, what do you guys think about a Jeff Green for Danillo Gallinari trade? We keep Rondo and Gallinari out for as much of the season as possible, essentially guarenteeing a top lottery pick. Jeff absolutely would fit in for a run & gun, win-now Denver Nuggets. Gallo is still suprisingly young (24) and is a good player who would fit in to a young core of Bradley, Sully, Olynyk. Thoughts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

On a seperate note, what do you guys think about a Jeff Green for Danillo Gallinari trade? We keep Rondo and Gallinari out for as much of the season as possible, essentially guarenteeing a top lottery pick. Jeff absolutely would fit in for a run & gun, win-now Denver Nuggets. Gallo is still suprisingly young (24) and is a good player who would fit in to a young core of Bradley, Sully, Olynyk. Thoughts?

Keep Green and cut his minutes to around 25. Why wear down the best player on a team going nowhere? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Take the team we have now and play to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Charlie V is the last person I want to see as a C..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Trade 3:

Roster (min):

Guards:

Rondo (30)

Pressey (10)

Bradley (25)

Henderson (25)

Lee (10)

Forwards/Centers:

Green (35)

Ariza (15)

Sullinger (35)

Olynyk (25)

Melo (20)

Iverson (10)

Randolph (10)

Villianueva (10)

Rationale: This roster would allow us to sink into the bottom of the standings, while allowing us to play our young guys a lot of minutes. I think the key to tanking next year is playing Melo 15+ minutes per game. At the same time, I believe we make DET, WAS and CHA better, which helps us in the draft. At the end of the season you obviously let Villianueva and Ariza walk.

2014-15 Roster: Rondo (13M), Bradley (4M), Henderson (8M), Green (9M), Olynyk (2M), Lee (5M), Sullinger (1.5M), Melo (1.5M)

2014 Picks: 1st (Celtics), 1st (Nets), 2nd (Celtics), 2nd (Pistons), 2nd (Detroit)

This gets us more picks to move up in 2014, but also to package for another impact player.

Trade 1 - i can understand but:

Why do the C's need Henderson? They have a lot of SGs plus he's not a good 3-point shooter.

And why do they give up Brooks? Brooks has a potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

R9R-

Here are my comments on the following trades.

#1) Gathering expiring contracts provides the Cs with great flexibility in the future so I commend you for identifying that. I also commend you on including a shooter (Crawford) to Detroit as that is one of their biggest needs. However, I don't see Bass as a fit given their crowded frontcourt of Drummond/Monroe/Smith/Jerebko/Singler/Daye etc.

#2) I agree that WSH has potential as a team who would be willing to accept salary because they seem to be in win-now mode. Wallace is a nice defensive veteran presence that would benefit to Wiz. I believe Ariza is an expiring contract so once again - kudos to you for identifying that. I like Brooks potential for the Cs and wouldn't want to see him given up in this deal. However, I think Ariza-Wallace talent wise is a toss up so I dont see them coughing up a 2nd rounder...in fact we might be the ones to throw in the draft pick to rid ourselves of Wallace's deal to pick up an expiring.

#3) This deal is horrendous (no offense). You completely abandoned your principles of acquiring expiring deals only to throw a big money contract at Gerald Henderson of all people. Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee are replicas of Henderson and we have those two under contract for a combined amount less than that of your proposed offer to GH. Insane! And you want to throw in a pick? True madness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I do everything I can to move 3 of Bass, GW, Hump, Lee, with GW being the most important to move, and Hump being the least important due to position and expiring contract.  I would obviously try to minimize picks involved on our side, and try to focus on #1 youth, #2 C and PG, #3 expiring contracts, and #4 draft picks in that order of importance.

If I move anybody else like Rondo, Green, Sully, AB, or other core youth then I better get some impact in return, not unproven youth or draft picks.  As a poor example, I'm ok trading rondo and AB if it nets us a curry plus others in return, or trade a rondo and Sully for Asisk+young guard as examples.

Move those fringe veterens off this young team unless then are BU PG's or Centers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I've thought about this for a few days to determine what my ideal course of action would be for the Celtics going forward. I would attempt to trade Rajon Rondo to CHA for Kemba Walker and CHA 2014 #1.

This would increase our chances at securing a higher selection in the loaded 2014 draft. Charlotte seems to be in "win-now" mode (don't laugh or Jordan might change his mind) and Rondo would pair with Jefferson and the rest of their scrubs to improve from last season, yet still live in lottery land giving the Cs two Top-10 picks (BOS 3-5, CHA 6-8).

Kemba is a solid young PG who improved drastically from his rookie year and has shooting ability, defense (2.0 SPG), quickness, and determination (see UConn's Big East/NCAA tourney run his junior season) and at just 23 years old would be a good replacement for Rondo going forward.

With those two picks I would target 6'9"+ SF/PF Jabari Parker who has a game like Carmelo - but with a 10x better attitude - and 6'5" SG & Boston, MA native Wayne Selden who is an elite passer, athlete, dunker with a 3-pt shot.

Walker/Selden/Parker/Sullinger/Olynyk with eyes on Karl Towns Jr in 2015 would be a great start. Towns at C would put Olynyk as the 6th man - a role he would thrive in.

This whole idea goes without mentioning using these picks/young assets/cap space to acquire proven superstar talent (ie Garnett style trade). Players that could become available in the next season or two include Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Greg Monroe, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, John Wall etc etc).

DA has plenty of options and I have no doubt that the Cs will be a force again in no time. I just think that our future would be best served by "tanking" this season by executing a trade of Rondo and any other spare parts (Green/Bass/Lee/Wallace).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Trade 3:

Roster (min):

Guards:

Rondo (30)

Pressey (10)

Bradley (25)

Henderson (25)

Lee (10)

Forwards/Centers:

Green (35)

Ariza (15)

Sullinger (35)

Olynyk (25)

Melo (20)

Iverson (10)

Randolph (10)

Villianueva (10)

Trade 1 - i can understand but:

Why do the C's need Henderson? They have a lot of SGs plus he's not a good 3-point shooter.

And why do they give up Brooks? Brooks has a potential.

Brooks is a keeper.He will be the best player out of the trade.He will be great in green.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts