My MELO prediction, and how it will impact the C's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

My MELO prediction, and how it will impact the C's

DA and Morey spent all of last season on the phone with one another.

DA badly wants Chandler Parsons.  And while Morey likes Rondo, Morey loves MELO.

Is it any coincidence that Hou drafted Capela (a player high on the C's draft board) AND Nick Johnson (a player the C's were considering purchasing a 2nd rd pick so that they could draft him)??

Morey has already begun the process of clearing space for a big FA like Melo, he let Asik go for pennies on the dollar.

Next up- Carmelo Anthony.  I think Hou is the front runner for Melo.  I think Harden and Howard will be much more appealing to Melo than a paper meche version of Derek Rose and Joakim Noah.  Last year Hou shocked everyone when they landed Howard, and this year I think they'll surprise us once again after they lure Melo.

To get Melo, Hou will need to part ways with Lin.  And they probably won't want to pay Parsons they money he deserves, to back up Melo and come off the bench.  Enter Boston-

Boston wouldn't have to move Rondo.  But Boston would have to accept Jeremy Lin.  Lin's contract would give DA an opportunity to finally use that 10.3 mil TPE.

So basically I think Hou will probably win the Melo sweepstakes, and then look for DA and his plethora of assets for help in making room for him. 

To Houston- the 10.3 mil TPE, Bogans?, and any other necessary fillers

To Boston- Parsons, Capela, and of course Lin

The above pieces are of course just the framework.  Lin may even require a 3rd team.  But if Morey does win the Melo sweepstakes as I except him to, plan on Houston immediately calling Boston for help with making it happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: My MELO prediction, and how it will impact the C's

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

DA and Morey spent all of last season on the phone with one another.

DA badly wants Chandler Parsons.  And while Morey likes Rondo, Morey loves MELO.

Is it any coincidence that Hou drafted Capela (a player high on the C's draft board) AND Nick Johnson (a player the C's were considering purchasing a 2nd rd pick so that they could draft him)??

Morey has already begun the process of clearing space for a big FA like Melo, he let Asik go for pennies on the dollar.

Next up- Carmelo Anthony.  I think Hou is the front runner for Melo.  I think Harden and Howard will be much more appealing to Melo than a paper meche version of Derek Rose and Joakim Noah.  Last year Hou shocked everyone when they landed Howard, and this year I think they'll surprise us once again after they lure Melo.

To get Melo, Hou will need to part ways with Lin.  And they probably won't want to pay Parsons they money he deserves, to back up Melo and come off the bench.  Enter Boston-

Boston wouldn't have to move Rondo.  But Boston would have to accept Jeremy Lin.  Lin's contract would give DA an opportunity to finally use that 10.3 mil TPE.

So basically I think Hou will probably win the Melo sweepstakes, and then look for DA and his plethora of assets for help in making room for him. 

To Houston- the 10.3 mil TPE, Bogans?, and any other necessary fillers

To Boston- Parsons, Capela, and of course Lin

The above pieces are of course just the framework.  Lin may even require a 3rd team.  But if Morey does win the Melo sweepstakes as I except him to, plan on Houston immediately calling Boston for help with making it happen.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I like the plan..........and Capela could play for us right away.

I think we need to get under the cap to use the TPE, however.  Right now, we are still over the cap.

I was thinking the TPE, Anthony, Bogans, Johnson and maybe Fav (if not guaranteed).  Anthony could back up Howard, Bogans, Johnson and Fav could all be cut........and with Lin and Asik gone, that's plenty of room for Melo.

I, however, think both he and James will stay where they are..............but I do like your idea very much!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Paging Employee 8, Dr. 8 we need your assistance.

Would the TPE work in the above scenario with Chandler Parsons?

I've researched his much: "There's a moratorium on transactions that ends on the stroke of midnight on July 10th and the TPE expires on July 12th. Ainge will have two days to work his phone or he loses it."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics are currently at 56 million for salaries next year. This is not including the cap holds on Humphries and Bayless. It is including Avery at only his 3.6m qualifying offer, Smart at 2.7 million and Young at 1.4 even though they are not signed yet, Faverani at 2 million and Babb/Pressey/Johnson's 915k team options are not included.

The cap is expected to be 63.2 million. The Celtics have to be at the cap to use the TPE and once there they get to use the 6 million MLE which is practically the same as the cap space they have now, before matching any reasonable 6-7 million offer for Avery.

Based on the way a 'poison pill' contract is explained in the CBA, the contract of Lin is worth 8.3 million each year for tax and cap purposes. Wyc would just have to pay him 14.9 million this year. Lin should be able to be absorbed using the 10.3m TPE from the Pierce trade to Brooklyn.

Parsons may want to wait to see the contract Hayward gets as he will likely get around the same. Hayward is a much better passer and slightly better defender. Parsons a slighty better 3 point shooter and rebounder. 4/50 for Hayward and 4/44 for Parsons sounds fair.

In order for the Celtics to get Parsons (in a sign and trade) and the rights to the unsigned Capela, the amount they take back from Houston would have to be less than 125% of the incoming amount give or take $125,000. Bogans non-guaranteed, Faverani and Johnson will be around 9 million. So Parsons can have a starting salary of around 11 million next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

1.  Do you have a source for your assumptions below?

"Is it any coincidence that Hou drafted Capela (a player high on the C's draft board) AND Nick Johnson (a player the C's were considering purchasing a 2nd rd pick so that they could draft him)??"

2.  Beverly is NOT the PG Houston wants to help lead an elite team.  Rondo will need to be part of any deal bringing Parsons to the Cs IMO. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

As soon as Boston adds Parsons with only 2 million leaving and 10-11 coming in, they will be over the cap. They can then use the TPE to add Lin and have the MLE to use. They will remain under the luxury tax threshold of 3-4 million but likely be right at it as soon as they match anything for Avery.

They might be better off quickly working out an extension for Avery of like 5 years 30 million, with the bigger raises we can can give than wait to match maybe a 4 year 28 million offer someone else gives. That way Avery's first year salary can be around 4.5-5 million and keep the C's below the tax level.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Rockets save some cash to go after Anthony and add a backup center to Howard with Asik gone more deserving of the 13-15 minutes available behind Dwight.

They get themselves to around 45 million in space committed to next season so they can sign Anthony to a deal starting around 18 million a season.

Boston gets an athletic young shot blocker they can let develop overseas a year and hope turns into a Ibaka type player and Parsons, a scoring SF that is more dependable outside shooter and day to day 15ppg player than Jeff Green (despite being a much worse defender). He is also 3+ years younger.

I like it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Rockets save some cash to go after Anthony and add a backup center to Howard with Asik gone more deserving of the 13-15 minutes available behind Dwight.

They get themselves to around 45 million in space committed to next season so they can sign Anthony to a deal starting around 18 million a season.

Boston gets an athletic young shot blocker they can let develop overseas a year and hope turns into a Ibaka type player and Parsons, a scoring SF that is more dependable outside shooter and day to day 15ppg player than Jeff Green (despite being a much worse defender). He is also 3+ years younger.

I like it.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I like it, too.  Except  - why not play Capela now?  What's the purpose of hiding him for a year?  We will stink next year.

Lastly - as I wrote earlier, I think Melo re-signs with NY, and MeBron stays with MIA......SOOOOOO - would you trade Rondo for this package?  I think HOU is a likely landing spot for him.  And, if yes, would that change your thought on Capela??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1.  Do you have a source for your assumptions below?

"Is it any coincidence that Hou drafted Capela (a player high on the C's draft board) AND Nick Johnson (a player the C's were considering purchasing a 2nd rd pick so that they could draft him)??"

2.  Beverly is NOT the PG Houston wants to help lead an elite team.  Rondo will need to be part of any deal bringing Parsons to the Cs IMO. 

[/QUOTE]

Houston can sign a veteran like Luke Ridnour or someone like him to split time with Beverely. 

I think adding Anthony, who so much of the offense would flow though, along with Harden, would trump any concerns for not having a legit starting PG. They can't add Anthony if they have Lin under contract.

Beverly is a bulldog defender who will go nuts on Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker for half the game. They just need a dependable veteran who will not get rattled in crunch time, pass to the right players and hit open shots/FT's at high percentages.

Miami won two titles with Cole and Chalmers at PG. Howard is as much better than Bosh as LeBron is better than Anthony. Harden is not as good as 2011 and 2012 Wade but he is better than 2013 and 2014 Wade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow!

The Celts will pay Parsons at least 11m per year?

Really?

Parsons 11m per year?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

This mocking/bullying response better be saying the CELTICS will not pay out that type of contract? Perhaps a legit argument b/c they already have Green/Wallace under contract at SF.

But if it means PARSONS will not command 11 million a year then I will sit back, wait for the contract offers to come in between 10-12 million and watch you be WRONG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge had a team ready to go to take Green at the draft according to multiple sources. They still need a center who will play some defense. Especially with Faverani on his way to Houston.

I could see Danny easily moving Green soon after he trades for Parsons.

Green and Joel Anthony to the Suns for Miles Plumlee (1.2m), Marcus Morris (3.1)m) and Okafor (signed and traded at 1 year 6 million)

Ainge would certainly prefer to pay Oak 6 million than Anthony 3.8. The C's would need Plumlee's stats in 24 minutes  last year 8.1 points, 7.8 boards and 1.1 blocks more than Jeff Green of course, maybe even w/o Parsons here. Morris can battle Wallace for backup SF minutes.

The Suns want to keep Channing Frye, who may not see himself getting enough minutes with both Morris brothers around and Len the future starting center. This move allows T.J. Warren to backup Jeff Green for 1-2 years before replacing him. Green will be good in Hornacek's system and the Suns go out and keep Frye. Marcus is the less talented Morris brother, not the bruising PF but more the finesse combo-forward career bench guy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There are likely many examples of solid moves Ainge could do after trading for Parsons involving Jeff Green for a big. 

Those give us this team:

C - Plumlee, Okafor (some Olynyk)

PF - Sully, Olynyk, Bass

SF - Parsons, Wallace (maybe some Young)

SG - Bradley, Smart, Lin

PG - Rondo, Smart, Pressey, Lin

I would see Young starting the D league in the D-league and the of course the expiring contracts of Bass, Okafor and Lin could be shopped at the deadline.

This doesn't address the Rondo situation of course, but these are two VERY solid moves Ainge could make without touching the Rondo topic at all. The Celtics are noticeably better at EVERY position than they were a year ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

This mocking/bullying response better be saying the CELTICS will not pay out that type of contract? Perhaps a legit argument b/c they already have Green/Wallace under contract at SF.

But if it means PARSONS will not command 11 million a year then I will sit back, wait for the contract offers to come in between 10-12 million and watch you be WRONG.

[/QUOTE]

Parsons might get 10-12m, but I'm sure it's not going to be from the Celtics.

[/QUOTE]

Acceptable. You are entitled to your opinion on that one.

Of course speaking in absolutes on things that cannot be said to be absolute at this time is the mark of an arrogant narcissist just setting himself up for failure. Which is your M.O. here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think the whole point here would be  - we cannot have both Parsons and Green on the team.  The Rox will keep Parsons if they don't get Melo, they like him.  And, chances are they won't get Melo.  NYK, CHI and DAL are probably all ahead of HOU at this point.  I don't like HOU chances of getting Melo.  Therefore, I don't like our chances of getting Parsons.............therefore, you guys are arguing and name calling over basically nothing!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Good rule of thumb to apply to Chandler Parsons' restricted free agency: Teams interested in Carmelo Anthony will pursue Parsons once Melo is no longer available.

Chicago and Dallas are two prime examples, sources said, with the Mavericks in particular expected to make a strong play for the Houston swingman if they can't convince Anthony to come to Dallas.

The Rockets, though, continue to insist that they will match any offers Parsons gets.

Hoopshype

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

24. This post has been removed.