My (quasi-realistic) Dream Scenario

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

My (quasi-realistic) Dream Scenario

Three team trade made during the draft after Celtics draft 4th overall:

BOS: Afflalo, Gasol

ORL: Exum, Wallace, 2015 Clippers 1st
    MEM: Nelson (non-guarenteed), Bogans (non-guarenteed), Sullinger, 2016 Nets 1st, Vitor Faverani

1. I think its realistic to think the Celtics select 4th and Exum is available after Wiggins, Parker and Embiid are selected.

2. I think its realistic to think that Orlando would want a franchise PG to cap off their rebuild effort. In this scenario, I assume that they got in to the top3 and was able to select Parker or Wiggins. They go forward with Exum-Oladipo-Wiggins-Harris-Vucevic.

3. I think its realistic to think that if Memphis drops out of the playoff race or is eliminated in the first round, that they may opt to rebuild. Lets face it, they're a small market. They aren't attracting a major free agent, so they need young talent. They might was well capitalize on Gasol's value now instead of wathcing him walk. The above offer provides two non-guarenteed deals that can be waived or used in trades, Jared Sullinger who is producing like a vet on a rookie contract and a future unprotected pick from Brooklyn.

The Celtics now look like:

Rondo, Pressey

Afflalo, Bradley, Johnson

Green, Nets 1st

Bass, Olynyk

Gasol, Iverson

Personally, I'd use the Nets pick to select a good catch and shoot SF (Rodney Hood if available) and then round out the postseason by going over the cap by re-signing Hump to a 2 year 12M contract and then using the MLE to bring the Truth back home. We end up with this:

Rondo, Pressey

Afflalo, Bradley, Johnson

Green, Pierce, Hood

Bass, Olynyk

Gasol, Humphries, Iverson

Tell me that's not a team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: My (quasi-realistic) Dream Scenario

Rondo haters are going to hate, but just think about who you're surrounding Rondo with. Afflalo, Green, Bradley, Pierce, Hood, Bass, Olynyk, Gasol and Humphries are all good to great catch and shooters. 

Gasol is your defensive anchor a la KG. I start Bass, but I think Olynyk creeps up into the 25mpg level. Hump pulls it all together. He backs up Gasol, but can also play with him if you need to go big. 

Imagine the passing skills of Rondo-Afflalo-Pierce-Olynyk-Gasol combos....

Imagine the 3pt shooting skills of Rondo-Afflalo-Green-Pierce-Olynyk combos...

Imagine the defensive stopping ability of Rondo-Bradley-Afflalo-Bass-Gasol combos...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

That's not a team. 

:) 

Kidding - couldn't resist. It's a very good team. 

quasi-realistic was a good choice of words, however. No way to know if Memphis is ready to rebuild. Parting with Gasol seems like a reach. 

And I'm not sure we'll get anywhere near the fourth pick, there are a LOT of bad teams right now. 

If we get the fourth pick (or even higher), Ainge will have some very interesting options. Some of them WILL involve Rondo however.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Memphis will trade an All-Star Center in Marc Gasol for Sully, Fav, and a pick?

HAHAHA

make it two picks. Thats a high-upside near rookie, a non-guarenteed low-upside rookie and two firsts that are unprotected.

Gasol could walk for nothing in 2015. Memphis isn't going to attract big name free agents. Zbo is getting too old. The West is out competing them. Its not that far fetched

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Marc Gasol is already 29 years old.

The next contract he's going to get will be his last that pays him the max or close to the max.

So I don't see Marc Gasol leaving Memphis."

100 percent correct. 

On the other hand at least R9R is plotting to get us Marc Gasol. You wasted a bunch of forum threads trying to get his softer brother Pao to the Celts....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

R9R I love the enthusiasm and actually like your thinking! Usually these quasi crazy ideas are off base but this actually makes sense. The problem that you might encounter is that a few on this board think that Sullinger is the next Kevin Love. I think he's expendable in the right deal. Not perfect but not bad either!

Sections
Shortcuts