My Take

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

My Take

BBD over Perk is an upgrade offensively, a step backwards defensively, I do relish the thought of Baby getting more playing time.

Krstic is an improvement over Erdin at this point in Sehmih's career all I ever saw Erdin do was dunk the ball.

It will be nice to have some bench scoring like J Green.

CJohson looks serviceable after the first half.

Daniels was questionable with his spine how much he would contribute. I will miss Nate's enthusiasm but Wafer will get more time and he is an exciting player.

I do like the 1st round pick that will be nice.

Hate to see Luke Leave at least he will get some playing time

If JON and Shaq can stay healthy with Kristic and Baby maybe they still have some bulk upfront.  Too early to tell but that is why DA is in charge not me. I will miss Perk's glares and scowls

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: My Take

Good take...

people forget about the pick, it should be 12-16 next year, won't affect the clearing of cap space to go after Howard, and could be a real steal.

Baby's role should not change. It is not really about him over Perk @ C unless Shaq is hurt and we are playing Howard or Bynum. He was getting like 14 mins @ PF and 16 at Center. Now he should take some of KG's PF mins to rest him.

Shaq and Krstic should both get 16 mins @ C, effectively replacing Perk and Semih, the guys we'd been going with since Shaq went down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Could the Celtics really be in a genuine position to land Howard? Is it fan talk or a real possibility?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Could the Celtics really be in a genuine position to land Howard? -RUWorthy

You're kidding, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: My Take:
    Could the Celtics really be in a genuine position to land Howard? Is it fan talk or a real possibility?
    Posted by RUWorthy

They will only have 4-5 players under contract at 40 million. If cap is 55+ they can  offer max.

Two of those guys will be Rondo and Green, the desired pass 1st all-star PG and second fiddle scoring wing Howard would want if he is about rings. They are also will both be 26, the same age as him.

In a second trade, the Celtics sent Erden and Harangody to Cleveland for a second-round pick. As a result of these moves, Boston is certainly well-positioned for the future -- the Celtics have draft picks and will be in position to make a hard run at Howard in free agency in 2012. They have jettisoned Perkins and have one year left on the deals of Shaquille and Jermaine O'Neal. From that angle, this trade is basically a neon sign that says, "Yo, Dwight -- over here!"

- John Hollinger, ESPN

Pierce will be there for 2 years as well and likely still a dangerous player, in decline for sure, but easily a 24 min 13-14 point guy. Ray will be back on the cheap and play till age 39 like Miller.

So yes, not just fan talk, it is Ainge's plan... however who knows how Howard would actually feel and do.

Sections
Shortcuts