Mystery of JG - #2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Mystery of JG - #2

In response to Karllost's comment:

Hard to figure.. Green looked pretty good in preseason so what happened? The guy looked like the man on the 2nd unit...

The difference is that teams are using scouting reports of these players. They know every move that the players likes to use under given circumstances. They study tendencies and strengths and weaknessess and force you to do what you don't want to do. For Green, they take away the driving lanes, and he becomes a limited player. Even Lebron james had to evovle as a player and now has that mid range game that green lacks. I can see green having a similar type of evolution, but are we going to be patient enough to wait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Tonight against OKC would be the perfect time to start Green. It would be Durant vs. Green and Pierce vs. Sefalosha.

If a player can't get up for the team that trade him, then there is no hope for the guy..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I keep saying it. When Green gets the minutes, touches and plays CALLED for him and then does squat, then we can evaluate him on that but as long Doc uses him like E.House, how can anyone complain about rebounding and playing in the paint? You can talk about his demeanor or whatever but this team has HUGE problems with rebounding and I recall PP getting ZERO rebounds so if you gonna rag on someone, rag on DOC because the WHOLE team is looking soft and were def. short a Center and I dont see anyone else crashing the boards and making a differense so tell me again why we are scapegoating a guy who hasnt played in a year and also had heart surgery and giving others a pass???

Stop it!

I am not complaining I am simply confused he is not being used.  The team is 6-6 and he is supposed to be a key for the team.  He needs to play.    His value if they do need to trade him will be hurt with the way they are handling him.  It appears Doc wants to treat this 36 million dollar player like a second unit guy.  I assumed after we kept him we thought of him differently.  Even with what he has shown in too little time the fall off from expectations is concerning.  This team without a young star is going to struggle big time.

Well the fact is, JG has more talent right now then PP, but PP is a Veteran Gamer who can still score because he gets looks and knows where to get his shots. Green comes in and is told to sit at the 3 when he should be immediatley posted. I recall at one point, he drove the rack 3 times easy and kicked the ball out to others so he CAN make plays, but the ball has to go through him. KG aint posting anyone on the reg. anymore so I dont get it. U cant keep him as PPs backup and expect him to shine. He has to play 3 and let PP move to 2 when JG comes in or something. I would rather us be bigger than smaller but I really put this on Doc for not emphasizing Green more and rebounding more. He has such a ho hum demeanor about rebounding and sais stuff like "we just didnt play well" Well thats part of it , No?   smh

You make good points.  Putting Green at the three and Pierce at the two should but probably won't happen.   Pierce is just to embedded in the team's flow and can't adjust to his lack of athleticism.  Doc has to convince playing at the two will help him and  get him his favorite shot the three.  How few times have you seen PP hit the elbow jumper.  Hardly ever.

The only problem is that guys usually get more minutes when they produce, not because they aren't producing.

I like Green, but the whole "he is playing badly because he doesn't play much" argument has been going on as long as there has been organized sports...and it never results in the guy getting more time.

i agree..do we now give all our bench players tha suck more playing time to see if they get better..that's what practice is for...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Lol at JG lacks a mid range jumper.. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Some people are raised in a "it's doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game" environment. And some people are raised in a "win or go home" environment.

Point being, the great ones hate to lose, i.e. want to go home!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

We need JG to be a bit more like MJ (a cold hearted assasin)!

The day before game 4 of the Bulls Suns finals with the Bulls leading the series 2-1.  Michael and Charles Barkley went golfing.  They played 48 holes of golf.  And Michael bought Charles a $20,000 diamond earring.  Johnny asked MJ, what did you do all that for? Michael responded, he won't get in my way the rest of the series, what's $20,000 to me? Charles thinks we're great friends.  I hate that fat f ??€Jordan dropped 55 in game 4 and Barkley never touched him once.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

You guys want to know why Jeff Green looks lost?

Because he was averaging 29.3 minutes per game in the preseason.

In the regular season, Jeff Green is only getting 21.8 minutes per game.

Green is not an instant offense guy like Barbosa. He was effective when he was in OKC when he was getting 37 minutes per game. 

Apparently Jeff Green is one of those guys who needs more time to get into the flow of the game.

Thank you, Fierce.   Excellent post and I agree 100%.  Unfortunately for Jeff - it will be difficult for him to get those minutes behind Pierce.   An alternative is to play him and Pierce together but the C's are already small and not a good rebounding team so Doc can't go in that direction.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE]

i agree..do we now give all our bench players tha suck more playing time to see if they get better..that's what practice is for...

[/QUOTE]

Problem is that we don't get many practices.   Green will have to learn on the go as will the other bench players.   Everyone else in the NBA has the same issue so its no excuse, but it is a fact that they're not going to learn in practice when there's no practice time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

The article in the Herald kind of says it all about JG..........

There was one quote in particular which ties in with what KG said........

“I move on easy,” the easy talking 6-foot-9 forward said.

There is just no fire in the belly..........somehow someone has to smack him in the face before the game to get him a little angry...........KG is right........he needs somehow to find some controlled agression........some passion........he just doesn't seem to care whether he loses or not.......if he loses instead of being peowed he just seems to say oh well tomorrow is another day.....maybe it will happen then.......and maybe not

JG is too passive, true.  I don't think its that he doesn't CARE about winning, however.   He really wants to win as just about EVERY player does.  You don't get to be a pro athlete making it through AAU and college  with all star selections and championships and final 4 appearances by not caring about whether you win or lose.    

I just think he has no killer instinct in terms of wanting to destroy his man.   He's content to pass and he's also a very smooth player, finesse.  When power and muscle and grit are required, its not in him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Wow Green with 17 and 15 mins played... Maybe doc will sit him out all of the 4th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

heard the jeff green interview on nba tv and I have to say I will be cutting him some serious slack....he talked about how he needs to be more aggressive  how he is one yr or so removed from heart surgery and and thathe is not 100%....doesnt have his timing yet....anyway I thought its probably his being tentative because of his heart.... and I would be too.... I think after realizing this, that he just needs time...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

It's worth to note that when Jeff Green looked really good out there he was playing SF.

Sections
Shortcuts