Nate McMillan should be the next HC of the Celtics...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Nate McMillan should be the next HC of the Celtics...

per his Wikipedia page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_McMillan

Coaching Career

After retiring in 1998, McMillan stayed with the Seattle franchise, earning a place as an assistant coach. He held this role until 2000, when he was named interim coach of the Sonics. Although the team missed the playoffs during his first year as coach, he provided a major turnaround after the franchise got off to a miserable start that year, and he was hired as head coach for the next 2001-02 campaign. McMillan led the clubs to the playoffs in his second year before back-to-back mediocre seasons. In his final year as Sonics coach, McMillan led the team to a Northwest Division title in 2005.

After 19 years with the Seattle organization, McMillan left Seattle on July 7, 2005 to become the head coach of the Portland Trail Blazers. He took over a team riddled with cap problems and off-the-court drama, but steadily calmed the waters in Portland.

McMillan was an assistant coach under Mike Krzyzewski for the US national team in the 2006 FIBA World Championship and in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, winning bronze and gold medals, respectively.[1] He is also a member of the National Junior College Basketball Hall of Fame, due to his All-American performance at Chowan.

On December 5, 2009, McMillan ruptured his right Achilles tendon while scrimmaging with the Trail Blazers during practice.[2] McMillian coached much of the season in a protective boot after surgery and led the team to 50 wins in spite of a historic number of injuries to his key players.

On March 15, 2012, McMillan was fired as the head coach of the Portland Trail Blazers.[3]

McMillan again served as an assistant coach under Mike Krzyzewski for the US national team during the 2012 London Summer Olympics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: Nate McMillan should be the next HC of the Celtics...

Reasons I like him...

1) Has taken over two wavering franchises before and left them both better off than when he took over

2) Played in NBA

3) Olympic coaching experience

4) Will command respect as coach

5) Strong with player development

6) Presidential

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

He's my choice as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

He's my choice as well

He was also an excellent point guard with a limited outside shot. He was a good floor general and tough defensive player. Maybe he could get through to Rondo. He is a leader and living in Washington state I got to watch the Sonics a lot and was impressed by him. He would be a good choice. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

KG as player coach. You heard it here first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

A tough disciplinarian.

R9R might be able to survive  dropping the F-bomb on him once... but not twice.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

He was known for his strong defense when he played so I feel like he could relate with this group. Rondo/Bradley/Green/Smith/Garnett is the starting 5 I'm hoping for. McMillan and his strong defensive mind/tough demeanor could make that a tough team to play against.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Agree - McMillan is a good candidate.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

He was known for his strong defense when he played so I feel like he could relate with this group. Rondo/Bradley/Green/Smith/Garnett is the starting 5 I'm hoping for. McMillan and his strong defensive mind/tough demeanor could make that a tough team to play against.

I have a gut feeling that the new coach will be Tyrone Lue.Danny brought him as a assistent coach,He was still playing at the time.He had a seat in the second row just behind doc.Ainge was grooming him to be the next coach.Just my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

KG as player coach. You heard it here first.

No.

Actually I heard them talk about this on WEEI this morning.

Nice try tho!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

My choice too..one of those that does lots with nothing....PLEASE NO to Tyron Lue!!! I hope Rivers takes him to LA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to Archer1's comment:

I have a gut feeling that the new coach will be Tyrone Lue.Danny brought him as a assistent coach,He was still playing at the time.He had a seat in the second row just behind doc.Ainge was grooming him to be the next coach.Just my opinion.

I thought Lue was joining Rivers in LA...?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

McMillan is a very solid choice. Question is if he's willing to lose.

Sections
Shortcuts