Re: Nate Robinson blew by Ray Allen again
posted at 5/8/2013 5:43 PM EDT
In response to Fierce34's comment:
1. Terry didn't come up big in the playoffs for the Celts?
15 3-pointers in 6 games, 12.0 ppg, and raised his FG% in the playoffs. If you're saying Terry didn't come up big for the Celts in the playoffs then you're the hater.
2. Last night was not the first time Nate Robinson embarrassed Ray Allen. Nate did the same thing to Ray when the Bulls snapped the Heat's 27-game winning streak.
3. Ray is a defensive liability. That's all I'm saying. If you say Terry is also a defensive liability then I agree.
4. All I'm saying is the Celts made the right decision not to give Ray a contract with a no trade clause. The Celts would've been stuck with Ray and it would have hurt the Celts' salary cap situation.
1. No I'm not a Terry hater. I like Terry cause he helped DIrk to win a title, but he didn't come up big in this playoffs. He had 2 good games, 3 bad games and 1 mediocre game. That is not coming up big ecpecially if you compare the numbers to Ray's in the first round:
6 31.5 .444 .441 .818 2.2 2.0 0.3 0.7 1.5 0.8 12.0
4 28.8 .467 .464 1.000 4.3 2.3 0.0 1.0 1.3 1.3 16.5
More points, higher shooting percentage in all categories, twice the rebounding numbers, more assists and more total FTs in less minutes for Ray. And lets not start to discuss about Lee.
2. Even a young Ray at 6.5 could not contain a 5.7 Nate Robinsion. Cole and Chandler couldn't defend Nate either.
3. No one can seriously believe that a 37 year old Ray can defend smaller and quicker guards. Even a great defender like Kidd couldn't do that at the age of 37. But Ray is still a fair defender against bigger guards (Bryant, Evans types) and a fair rebounder for his position, that was credited several times at ESPN. Terry is just a bad defender and a bad rebounder. Even when he was young, he was a bad defender. That is why he never started in Dallas.
4. A 3 year deal for Ray would have hurt the Cs long term, you are right. But THIS year Terry cost us much more (salary cap wise). Next year we will be most likely a lottery team anyway, with or without Ray. And if we can trade Terry remains to be seen.
A hater is a guy who is starting a threat every team Ray has a bad game or even a bad possesion in a game. Or celebrates when Ray getting blocked. Especially when Terry was worse than Ray all season long, cost us more this season, and our guards were getting blocked time and time again.
A hater claims that because we got rid of Ray, we were a better rebounding team, which is crazy if the replacement is Terry.
I tell you the same like I did to Kirk:
Time to men up! Terry was worse than Ray this year (as a player and against the cap). There is no way to spin that, after the facts are on the table. You were voting for Terry at the beginning of the season, and you came up short. Not a big deal, no one can predict the future. But there is no way to deny the facts. Next year, next chance...