NATE ROBINSON... Thibs could see it, y not Doc and Danny?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: NATE ROBINSON... Thibs could see it, y not Doc and Danny?

it's my opinion that doc hates people of a certain personality.  nate robinson and glen davis are that certain personality.  kids who might be a little bit full of the crapola, but generally good natured kids who tried their hearts out.  i did not think nate did badly for us and was sad to see him thrown away the way he was.

it's true that nate got a bad rap for some dumb actions in Ny but that was a horrible isiah thomas culture. he really hasn't done bad since leaving there and showed all the signs of wanting to win.  oh, and he was cheap too.

but doc couldn't take his personality.  or else you tell mew what.  maybe nate did mug around on twitter and prank too much but i thought it was undeniable that he was a hard worker when the whistle blew and it was game time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Chicago is his 5th team.

Why it is Doc's issue?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Commie's threads are reverting back to being obnoxious, pointless and attention seeking... he tried to turn himself around a bit... but now its 'look at me! I need to make the titles of my threads sound confrontational and controversial so people will talk to me!" It is sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Or maybe after getting traded like an old rag, the light bulb turned on....or maybe he fits into their system?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

robinson has not done poorly anywhere he's gone outside of new york.  he was a spark at GS and now fitting in over in chicago under thibs.  he was willing to play for us for CHEAP money.  we did throw him away like a used hot dog wrapper in a trade.  i thought that was a shame.

AS it was happening, if you remember back to the time- it was all about "doc didn't like him".  so maybe it is on doc.  look at us since and now.  nobody can really come in and play 1 for rondo.  dooling last year was trick or treat.  rondo plays 40 minutes a game.  for 1.1 million we had robinson and we paid 5 million each for lee, jason terry.  you do the math!  plus robinson is much younger than terry.

what's done is done, but there is such a thing as an unforced error.  it surely did not seem like OKC wanted nate and i do not believe they demanded he be inlcuded in that trade.  if they did then they sure messed up by not using him much at all and then letting him go- they did not need him with their roster the way it was.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the man is being praised for his DEFENSE by thibs no less and he's back to his NY prime and what he did last year in golden state. he dominated the game tonight versus minny by leading the team in scoring with 18 very unselfishly. you tell me a nate at 2m was a worse option than an OLDER terry at 5m? the man already knows the system, no growing pains. when you can get guys already versed in your system you do that.  

I too thought that in spite of his antics at times, he was a dedicated and hard working Celtic and worth keeping.

It will interesting to see how this all plays out tonight.. not that one game means everything.

Good observation!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

And what did Thibs see tonite when Nate started at PG against RR and C's?

I liked Nate, expected more  from  him, and probably didn't see it because he played out of control too much and couldn't tamp down on  it.

I know that's the "party line", but sometimes the party line is the truth.

He'll have the occasional breakout game, but there will continue be a lot of  mediocre games in between.

CC, I disagree with you most of the time, but as long as your threads are Celtic relevant, please fire away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Nate over Terry?? Did you learn anything tonite??? Not even close...nonsense

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I read somewhere today where Doc Rivers was glad to see that Robinson has "grown up" and that it was never his basketball that was an issue.

Sometimes it takes longer for some guys to grow up.  As a coach you cannot force them to mature.  You just have to wait fof it to happen.

Good for Nate if Doc Rivers is right about him as it will extend his career and will get him more minutes per game as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Nate Robinson is a great story. He's also a 5 "8" me first guy who thought (and may still think) he was a 2 guard. Not to say he can't create match-up problems at times for opposing guards, but ultimately he can't guard anyone and there's literally nowhere to hide him in the playoffs. If he wanted to sacrifice some scoring and actually play point he would have been more highly valued in the league, but his play has always demonstrated almost a complete lack of concern for making anyone around him better, distributing the ball etc. (he averages 2.8 assists per) and what's more frustrating is he seemingly can distribute when he wants to.

His time with the Celtics was marked by the same kind of play that preceded his move here - wild shooting with blazing hot and ice cold streaks, and a lack of anything else. If he's matured (both as a person and a player), great, but blaming Doc or The Celtics for not being able to transform him into a dependable back-up pg is being more than a little ridiculous. he's a feisty little guy. I liked him when he was on the team, but personally wouldn't take him over any of the celtics guards on the current roster. the comparison to terry is a joke. even at 35, terry is twice the player nate robinson is. 

In terms of attitude and acting like a fool... Players like Big baby and Nate should learn that you can get away with a lot more the better you are. Marginal players are obviously tolerated with a different threshold than the likes of Dwight Howard or Shaq. As NFL players like Ochocinco and T. Owens learned, if you're an aggravation they'll take it to some extent when you're a star, but as soon as your skills diminsih and you're average or below average, see ya. 

and btw, tom thibodeau is minus derick rose. coaches say things all the time to motivate, to send messages, to instill confidence. doesn't mean he even believes it. if it is the case and nate's buying in to the idea of playing team/winning basketball and digging down on D, great. can't see him logging him a lot of prime time minutes if and when rose is back and healthy, but all the power to him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Commie's threads are reverting back to being obnoxious, pointless and attention seeking... he tried to turn himself around a bit... but now its 'look at me! I need to make the titles of my threads sound confrontational and controversial so people will talk to me!" It is sad.

[/QUOTE]

Are you the arbitrator of who should post what and why ? This board isn't for your satisfaction.  Contribute something productive or move on. This is an open and diverse board and where all opinions, issues and interests are welcome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

but we could use a backup PG who can shoot...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

but we could use a backup PG who can shoot...

...and  a  big who can board and play interior D

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Are you the arbitrator of who should post what and why ? This board isn't for your satisfaction.  Contribute something productive or move on. This is an open and diverse board and where all opinions, issues and interests are welcome.

[/QUOTE/]

So my opinion is that CC often starts obnoxious threads worded in ways to sound controversial and negative. He does this just to get attention (in my opinion) and yes he is a diverse person from me on a board and more than welcome, but when he posts things I find annoying and factually wrong, like this, i'll say so. I'm not the arbitrator, nor are you, I can respond to him how I please, let the real mods decide if I cross the line.

Commie's 'opinion' on Nate is FACTUALLY WRONG anyhow:

Nate Robinson was given a VERY fair... perhaps even Jeff Green like overpay... 2 year 9 million contract by Danny Ainge after the '10 season. That is almost the kind of cash we gave Terry and Lee and WAY MORE than we were giving guys like Delonte, House, Dooling and Daniels.

CLEARLY THEY SAW SOMETHING IN HIM

Doc REPEATEDLY praised Nate while he was here.

Nate had to be in the Perk trade to make the $ work. It wasn't Danny dumping him or doc not liking him. It was b/c they wanted Green and to also get Krstic they needed to throw in a contract worth several million. C's had ZERO C's on the roster b/c O'Neals were hurt and needed Krstic in the deal BAD. Nate was expendable.

So based on all that, and the fact that the C's are loaded at guard this season with guys ANYONE would prefer to Nate based on their careers... this is a silly obnoxious thread written to try and create some sort of conflict, stain the rep of Doc and Danny (?) or just gain attention... all b/c Nate had a few good games?

Pointless

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

snake and bt33 clearly know the story on Nate robinson... Acie and CC? Not so much

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

eldunker,

In the last week CC has started threads here screaming about:

- Ray shooting 63% through 4 games  and what idiots the C's were to dump him! (Wait he left for LESS money?)

-  Lakers are like Jerry Springer (yawn)

- When does Doc get fired for bad lineup choices (just terrible)

- Karl Rove says Mike Brown stays all year! (wtf?)

Thankfully two of those 4 threads went completely ignored here.

He is also bellowing in all caps on the Patriot site about Hope Solo, Tebow, Is 'ReXY-EX-y in NEW YAWK' and basically a string of awful posts filled with controversial comments or polarizing media personalities as he comes off sounding desperate for people to respond to him and wants to be the TMZ reporter of BDC. I find it tiresome and obnoxious. 

So forgive me if I'm seeing an attention wh0re starting pointless threads, when 9 of 10 threads he starts are pure garbage....