Nate Robinson

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Nate Robinson

Breaks my heart we are lamenting the lack of scoring i.e. 25 in game 1 and 23 in game 2 all in the 2nd half and Nate scores 27 himself in the 4th Qtr, 32 for the game & fouled out middle of 2nd OT. I still have fond memories of the last game we won in the 2010 playoffs, game 5, when he and BB were called Shrek & Donkey and they won the game.

Incredible comeback...Bulls losing 109-95, by 14, with 4 min to go and tie it and win after 3rd OT. They are up 3-1. I have always liked Thibodeau, better coach than Doc you think ???. If Rose were playing, they'd give the Heat a battle.

I forgot why we let Nate go. Monday Morning Qtrback perhaps, but sure wish we had him now and he's only 5'9".

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

I am sure Rivers would have a hard time coaching Deng, Boozer, Noah, Kirk, Rose, Gibson, etc.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Nate is the most frustrating player in the history of NBA. He was games like this and then will fade.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Nate is the most frustrating player in the history of NBA. He was games like this and then will fade.

his stat line for the season is not bad though, and better than the most frustrating player in the nba, whoever that is.

82 25.4 13.1 2.2 4.4 1.0 0.1 1.8 .433 .405 .799

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Breaks my heart we are lamenting the lack of scoring i.e. 25 in game 1 and 23 in game 2 all in the 2nd half and Nate scores 27 himself in the 4th Qtr, 32 for the game & fouled out middle of 2nd OT. I still have fond memories of the last game we won in the 2010 playoffs, game 5, when he and BB were called Shrek & Donkey and they won the game.

Incredible comeback...Bulls losing 109-95, by 14, with 4 min to go and tie it and win after 3rd OT. They are up 3-1. I have always liked Thibodeau, better coach than Doc you think ???. If Rose were playing, they'd give the Heat a battle.

I forgot why we let Nate go. Monday Morning Qtrback perhaps, but sure wish we had him now and he's only 5'9".

nate was thrown out like yesterday's newspaper in the perkins trade because DOC DID NOT LIKE HIM.  imagine right now if we had robinson and davis instead of NOTHING and BASS- this team would be easier to watch- that's for sure.  and KG might not be plum wore out.  when we were 33-9 davis was eating up minutes at the 5 on a nightly basis, finishing games as our 5 and we were winning.

NO, davis was not "perfect" and needed to improve his rebounding game.  guess what?  since then he HAS improved his rebounding game, shot selection, maturity- you know all the things you'd expect a young player with potential to do.  only doc couldn't stand one more second of nate's personality and glen's under-developed maturity and other aspects of his game that needed work, and have subsequently been worked on.

in unrelated news, this team has never been worse off since we dumped clifford ray in a swamp in one of the most classless moves regarding an assistant coach in league history

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to LakerDynasty's comment:

I am sure Rivers would have a hard time coaching Deng, Boozer, Noah, Kirk, Rose, Gibson, etc.  

he would force gibson out of town in a 3am trade because he hates young players.  anyone over the age of 32 is doc's kind of guy.  which in this day and age means you're 13 years veteran and over 1,000 games in.  just ready to break down

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Thibodeau is a better coach than Rivers.

That is obvious.

We traded Nate and Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green and Kristic.

Bad trade for the Cs.

especially horrid when you consider nate's piece of the book- like try LEAGUE MINIMUM.  we could have paid the difference in boot in CASH nad kept nate.  OKC did NOT want nate, that's for sure- had no intention of playing him.

nate rob leaving BOS was a pure doc rivers job- a "i hate this young guy with a personality" type of move.  and so it was.  wasn't the first time and won't be the last.  only problem is we are on the doorstep of rebuilding and fresh out of 32 y/o wanna bee legends who are willing to "sacrifice" (read: get paid 20 million each) and come together to try to win.  so there WILL BE young people coming through that door.  and doc will be waiting for them with a tennis racket to beat their brains in and then shoot them back out the door half the player they were when they arrived.

why just think "brandon bass" and you'll see what i mean!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

how is being paid a shade over a million bucks and giving a team 13 pts and 4.4 assists, not being disruptive, being a bench catalyst "the most frustrating player in the history of the nba"???

nate is SHORT- he's not going to be able to go for 20 pts every night!  but he's as calvin murphy as you get for this point in time.  we had no reason to trade him away as a tiny crumb in the perkins trade, it was absolutely stupid.  nate did good things for us.  we could have skipped the whole keyon dooling thing and the whole NO BACK UP PG AT ALL thing for this year and actually had SOMETHING for when rondo went down.

and before that point, rondo would not have had to play 38 a game.  but you know what, rondo wanted it like that- the only gun in town- a total dependence situation for the team.  no chance precious rajon would be benched with keyon dooling or nobody to spell him.  see?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

I can see Davis trying to cover Melo.  That is a laugher.  Maybe you missed it but Bass has done a pretty good job guarding Melo.  Pierce  and Green probably would have fouled out if they guarded him the whole game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I can see Davis trying to cover Melo.  That is a laugher.  Maybe you missed it but Bass has done a pretty good job guarding Melo.  Pierce  and Green probably would have fouled out if they guarded him the whole game.

Bass did foul out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Bass did foul out

You would rather had Green or Pierce foul out?  They both had 5 fouls each and I bet most of them were against Melo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

melo's only averaging 33 for the series.  i can't help you if you don't understand the difference b/t bass and davis.  one can play 5 and one can't.  davis embarrassed the hell out of roy hibbert last year in the playoffs- hibbert is 7-2 and davis is 6-7.  davis can play good straight up defense on duncan, bynum, duh-wight howard.  bass can't touch any of those guys one bit.

so i will summarize by saying you are celebrating doc turning a 4 into a 3.........  ?  at the time in the trade davis for bass, they SEEMED to be a statistical dead heat.  and then bass went downhill and davis went up hill.  big time for both.  in between there was freedom from the oppression of doc rivers and welcoming into the fold of the subjugation of young big men under doc rivers (read: BASS). 

bass has been made to feel very small and it shows.  if he can guard melo then that's great.  but he sure can't go big and help out KG one single bit.  that's what we really needed.  jeff green should be guarding melo and turning around and running him into the dirt on the way up the floor in transition.  whoops, we have no point guard so ya can't do that so well to take some wind out of melo's sails.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You would rather had Green or Pierce foul out?  They both had 5 fouls each and I bet most of them were against Melo.

turn melo into a passer and he will turn the ball over.  our team defense is not what it used to be, or that is the proper way to deal with melo rather than giving him 75 free throw attempts per game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Hey Bob Lobell, how come we don't get players like him?   Oh, we did .... Oops!

BTW ... Blatche was a Low Risk/High Reward pick up ... Danny failed on the opportunity and it could have filled a need and provided cap space in the future ... He'll have another chance this summer when Andray's a UFA with the Wizz still on the hook for most of his salary.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/3/14/4103468/keeping-andray-blatche-wont-be-easy-for-brooklyn-nets

The knicks, OKC and Gs also didn't like Robinson.

In fact no one liked Robinson.

Good for him for turning it around.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wanted Nate here when he was with the Knicks.. saw alot of their games.  Doc tried to tame him too much, made him feel he was on probation all the time imo...

I think Nate could have helped us out a lot but whatever Doc had in mind for him wasnt the strong point of Nate.. Thibs knows how to use Nate and the kid seems pretty happy and effective there.

He can handle the ball, he FIGHTS thru picks and can be a one man wrecking crew when hes feeling it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I wanted Nate here when he was with the Knicks.. saw alot of their games.  Doc tried to tame him too much, made him feel he was on probation all the time imo...

I think Nate could have helped us out a lot but whatever Doc had in mind for him wasnt the strong point of Nate.. Thibs knows how to use Nate and the kid seems pretty happy and effective there.

He can handle the ball, he FIGHTS thru picks and can be a one man wrecking crew when hes feeling it. 

+10

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Doc wants isolation players to become passers and takes away from the players who's strength is one on one attacks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Doc wants isolation players to become passers and takes away from the players who's strength is one on one attacks.

+1,000,000,000

Doc is clearly the leader in the NBA for forcing players into responsibilities they are not suited for and taking away what they are good at. nate was perfect example...so was krystic, Marquis et al

Worse case may have been AB. The kid is barely over being a rookie and very raw. His first year in the NBA most felt he was a joke. HEs a 2, and tough defender on the ball... hes also  the worse dribbling guard on our team, usually having his head down while doing so.

So whats Doc do? Force him into being our PG! There you go kid, you cant dribble or pass well, you dont play the position and finally earning your keep as a defender and weak side cutter. Now Doc heaps this big load of responsibility on your shoulders to play a position you have no business being in.

Any wonder he failed? Any wonder the rest of his game went south too because of this?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

turn melo into a passer and he will turn the ball over.  our team defense is not what it used to be, or that is the proper way to deal with melo rather than giving him 75 free throw attempts per game

Any coach that can turn Melo into a passer needs to get coach of the year.  Melo has one thing on his mind,  "how soon can I get a shot off".   Are you saying Bass didn't play Melo well?  If you are then you are wrong big time.

Sections
Shortcuts