Native Officials

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Native Officials

Leon Wood officiated the Laker/Celtic game on Sunday and Leroy Richardson officiated the Celtic/Clipper game. Both are natives of LA....how odd is it they get to call LA /Boston games in their hometown.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Native Officials

In Response to Native Officials:
    [QUOTE]Leon Wood officiated the Laker/Celtic game on Sunday and Leroy Richardson officiated the Celtic/Clipper game. Both are natives of LA....how odd is it they get to call LA /Boston games in their hometown.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]
    Your conclusion could not be more right.  These games with the Lakers follow such a pattern of no calls on the Celtics and literally breathing heavily on Laker as a reason to make a call. It happened in 2010 and we saw it on Sunday.

I went to the Clipper game and the refs called it the Clippers way most of the game. The Clippers were very physical and only at the very end did the refs start calling them for their contact.

This should be investigated as it will happen again unless the league takes notice.  LA is more than overrepresented in the league.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Amen soon as they announced Sunday Garrison,Woods and Blair was the ref crew my wife said "Oh well no way we win this one" and went out shopping. There is a reason LA is so tough at home,their own private refs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In the Clipper game last night ...Richardson T's up Doc when Doc was about 50 ft away. Doc never ran on the court or got in Richardson's face...I wonder why our so call writers never expose this travesty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Native Officials:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Native Officials : Your conclusion could not be more right.  These games with the Lakers follow such a pattern of no calls on the Celtics and literally breathing heavily on Laker as a reason to make a call. It happened in 2010 and we saw it on Sunday. I went to the Clipper game and the refs called it the Clippers way most of the game. The Clippers were very physical and only at the very end did the refs start calling them for their contact. This should be investigated as it will happen again unless the league takes notice.  LA is more than overrepresented in the league.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

concord, last night was the the most I've seen of Griffin.  I was taken back at what a punk he was portraying himself to be from start to finish.  He seems to have a little A-Rod in him.  

Since you're out there, do you get a chance to see more of him, and what's his deal?  I think he works hard on the court however was extremely unimpressed with his act.  It's something more than just the usual superstar entitlement characteristics we see with a handful of players throughout the league. 

Anyway, it rubbed me the wrong way and I know it's not sour grapes on my part because the Celts won and to tell the truth I think Bass would have gotten the better of him if the reffs didn't keep him from playing last night.  I'm totally not impressed with Blake "the fake" Griffin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Playing the refs and conspiracy theory card in Boston is getting old and over used. Some things just never change. The more the things change the more they stay the same...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well it was pretty obvious that he had a grudge against Greg Steamer.  Steamer kind of got the best of him in a earlier life.  see youtube.   I think anyone that has seen the Steamer play knows he doesn't talk trash and isn't arrogant.  When Blake stuck the ball in his stomach was classless.  The look he give people.  When he stuffs it he acts like he is the first to do it.  I use to like him but the bright lights have gotten to his head. He is improving his game and he will get better for a few more years.  His post ups are not impressive nor is his shot.

And yes I would take hiim on my team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Griffin id one of those players that you don't get to see much except for his highlight plays, which are a few a game. But, you expect him to be better in person then he really is. I thought the announcers last night did a good job not getting caught up in the hype with him ang giving a good analysis of his game and the clippers. That he is not some you can go to in crunch time to get you a basket and that the clippers are really only a highlight team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Also, just like to add he rubbed me the wrong way last night too, but i was suprised/impressed he had 15 points (or so) in the first half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

That home official was probably the one that called hanging on the rim against Pierce against the Fakers.   I have seen 100 dunks in the last month where people hang on the rim that were worse than what Pierce did.  KG hung on the rim last nite seemed like forever.  Not that I wanted him called for it but just a example.  Only in LA i guess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]"it will happen again" It's been happening for decades ... of course it won't stop ... it's the NBA (No Betting Allowed)!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

"Home court in the NBA is the single biggest advantage in all of pro sports." - Hubie Brown!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Some threads are as predictable as the sun rising.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Native Officials:
    [QUOTE]Leon Wood officiated the Laker/Celtic game on Sunday and Leroy Richardson officiated the Celtic/Clipper game. Both are natives of LA....how odd is it they get to call LA /Boston games in their hometown.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

From the beginning of the NBA through the '80s, most referees came from New York/New Jersey and Philadelphia - Boston never got "home" calls and still don't.

And the league always replies: "Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your concerns regarding officiating. The NBA’s highest priority is to ensure that every game is determined on its merits. [ha!!!]

We take seriously the performance of our officials. They are subjected to incredible scrutiny by the league, including tracking every call they make and holding them to the most rigorous standard in all of sports. [ Not only is their past performance measured, charted, and evaluated, but we employ a system of stringent metrics designed to continually hone their skills and improve their overall ability. We strive to ensure that NBA games are officiated at the highest possible level with the understanding that perfection is an unattainable goal."   Yeah, right, then why are Dick Bavetta and Joey Crawford still working? Assigning officials to ensure impartiality just isn't in the NBA's makeup. Referees go mostly unaccountable for their transgressions and biases. 37-17, 06.17.2010. Oops? Nah, couldn't be that obvious, could it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Native Officials :  concord, last night was the the most I've seen of Griffin.  I was taken back at what a punk he was portraying himself to be from start to finish.  He seems to have a little A-Rod in him.    Since you're out there, do you get a chance to see more of him, and what's his deal?  I think he works hard on the court however was extremely unimpressed with his act.  It's something more than just the usual superstar entitlement characteristics we see with a handful of players throughout the league.   Anyway, it rubbed me the wrong way and I know it's not sour grapes on my part because the Celts won and to tell the truth I think Bass would have gotten the better of him if the reffs didn't keep him from playing last night.  I'm totally not impressed with Blake "the fake" Griffin.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]
    As someone living in LA I actually find myself rooting for the Clippers when they play the Lakers and other teams I dislike like the Heat.  So I was surprised when I saw Griffin acting like a bully out  there.  It may be Bass was getting the better of him physically and he was reacting to protect his turf.  Still he seemed to be playing roughly and borderline dirty.  The whole Clipper team was chippy and very confrontational.

I still don't have any real problem with Griffin. I think his game is very limited: dunks, putbacks, and open perimeter shots. That is it.  Still very talented but the Celtics showed great toughness playing and winning after that Laker game.

The Celtics I think will play well the rest of this road trip.  One thing I am glad about is Rondo. Rondo despite mine and many doubters here he is showing he can be an elite point guard.   We need a  big man like Kaman and if we can make a move to do that we will be very strong the rest of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Native Officials": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Native Officials : As someone living in LA I actually find myself rooting for the Clippers when they play the Lakers and other teams I dislike like the Heat.  So I was surprised when I saw Griffin acting like a bully out  there.  It may be Bass was getting the better of him physically and he was reacting to protect his turf.  Still he seemed to be playing roughly and borderline dirty.  The whole Clipper team was chippy and very confrontational. I still don't have any real problem with Griffin. I think his game is very limited: dunks, putbacks, and open perimeter shots. That is it.  Still very talented but the Celtics showed great toughness playing and winning after that Laker game. The Celtics I think will play well the rest of this road trip.  One thing I am glad about is Rondo. Rondo despite mine and many doubters here he is showing he can be an elite point guard.   We need a  big man like Kaman and if we can make a move to do that we will be very strong the rest of the season.   Posted by concord27[/QUOTE] Good point about Rondo... The best thing for him and the C's (assuming he isn't traded) is for him to keep shooting the jumper in games hit or miss. If he can just get a little more confident in his shot, it might not be such a liability in the playoffs