NBA Darling is James

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: NBA Darling is James

very well put.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

All the complaining and obvious bias goes unnoticed by the NBA. Its also usually ignored by the TV announcers, as they make sure their paychecks dont stop.

Nice set up for the NBA... PLayers & coaches get huge fines if they dare complain about the premeditated cheating by the refs.  Announcers know to shut up cause the NBA is the source of $$$ to their stations... unless of course they are hired directly by the NBA... either way they are mostly lambs//

Mark Jackson is the biggest dupe for the NBA. Even hubie Brown, who I like.. but he replays fouls that arent their and says... yea, he got hit.. The entire system is in the tank or forced to keep quiet. 

Even when Tim Donaghy went public with the corruption in the NBA (I totally believe him), Stern went to extraordinary lengths to silence him and stop the publishing of his book.  Whys that , David? If youre innocent, nothing to hide, right?

No doubt in my mind NBA is rigged. The main reason why I think the C's winning #18 will be much more difficult. We saw it against the Lakers.. C's will need to be much better team to eke out wins. Refs have it all under control

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Lebron is Sterns queen.Even though me and Lebron have the same amount of championship rings, he does seem to get more attention from the league office.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Darling is James:
    [QUOTE]Lebron is Sterns queen.Even though me and Lebron have the same amount of championship rings, he does seem to get more attention from the league office.
    Posted by Rajon-Hondo[/QUOTE]

James sells merchandise which lines the bank accounts of everyone. He also attracts viewers who aren't really basketball fans which makes the networks happy. It was funny listening to the announcers on TNT go on and on about how 'special' Miami was going to be when they learn to play together. It was the same tune their first meeting on ESPN except the chorus was when Wade gets more time to play with the team.

No one wants to admit that unless some people on the Heat put away their egos and start passing and playing together they may be the Yankees of the NBA. A collection of highly paid free agents who can't produce. The only difference will be that since baseball doesn't have a cap the Yankees are able to throw more and more millions until they win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

I did a statistical analysis on Lebron James' personal fouls for the past two seasons (thats close to 200 games worth of data) and this is what I found out:

1.  Lebron James has never picked up more than 4 fouls through two complete regular seasons and two complete playoffs.  This is a staggering number considering he plays a pretty physical brand of basket ball offense & defense.  No other elite player in the NBA was able to never pick up more than 4 fouls for two complete seasons. 

2.  The propensity for Lebron to pick up a foul was half that of the propensity of other elite players picking up fouls.  Even Kobe picked up fouls with a much much greater propensity.

The p-value on the test was way below the threshold proving beyond the shadown of the doubht that Lebron is favored by refs.  Statistics never lies.  There definitely is a bias.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's a shame Lebron doesn't have the mental game to match up to the hype around him. Besides having a mental game, he appears to lack the maturity that other 'star' players had at the same age.

He has none of the extra qualities that Johnson, Bird or Jordan (among others) possessed.

That being said, the season is early and the Heat may turn things around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Lebron created the contact everytime he drove the lane. He goes full speed lowers his shoulder and plants it in someones chest and gets the call everytime.  He ran into a cleary standing still Erden and smashed his own face off Erden's chest. Should have been a charge. Of course not. Lebron is so bad for basketball.  Can't wait for Durant to steal all his thunder away as he improves every year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]I did a statistical analysis on Lebron James' personal fouls for the past two seasons (thats close to 200 games worth of data) and this is what I found out: 1.  Lebron James has never picked up more than 4 fouls through two complete regular seasons and two complete playoffs.  This is a staggering number considering he plays a pretty physical brand of basket ball offense & defense.  No other elite player in the NBA was able to never pick up more than 4 fouls for two complete seasons.  2.  The propensity for Lebron to pick up a foul was half that of the propensity of other elite players picking up fouls.  Even Kobe picked up fouls with a much much greater propensity. The p-value on the test was way below the threshold proving beyond the shadown of the doubht that Lebron is favored by refs.  Statistics never lies.  There definitely is a bias.
    Posted by bilalkazmi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that report as well...scary stuff. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The preferential treatment for Lebron is very troubling.  The Celtics will have their work cut out for them in the playoffs.  But if they can keep the pedal to the metal Lebron and company will be psyched out by the playoffs.   This is what we have to hope for that and the Magic continue to look very beatable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We knew it was going to be a challenge," James said. "I knew it wouldn’t just be a bed of roses stepping into this situation. But I came here for the challenge."

I guess not winning a championship in Cleveland was not enough of a challenge for him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

LaQueen,  I love it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Michael Jordan pushing off against Bryon Russell in Game 6 of the 1998 Finals tells the whole story. The refs will call it differently if you're Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, or Lebron James. That's just how the NBA works. And you can't blame 'em, after all those guys are the moneymakers of the NBA.

Sooner or later the Celtics are going to get a player like Kobe or Lebron. And when that happens, it would be fans of other NBA teams that would be making threads like "Tainted Championship". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I hope it is sooner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Number 1 seed is very important in the playoffs.  If the Celtics get the #1 seed they will play teams like the Knicks, Sixers, Bucks in Round 1 and Round 2 could be the Bulls or Hawks.  That means they would only have to play either the Magic or Heat in the finals.  They won't have to play both teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Number 1 seed is very important in the playoffs.  If the Celtics get the #1 seed they will play teams like the Knicks, Sixers, Bucks in Round 1 and Round 2 could be the Bulls or Hawks.  That means they would only have to play either the Magic or Heat in the finals.  They won't have to play both teams.
    Posted by TOMAA99999[/QUOTE]

True.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Michael Jordan pushing off against Bryon Russell in Game 6 of the 1998 Finals tells the whole story. The refs will call it differently if you're Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, or Lebron James.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

the difference b/t bronnie and those other two players is that they are NOT a living charge call that never happens.  they achieved stunning numbers with talents, not charging into people and being gifted calls. 

now that's not to say that kobe or jordan didn't get calls that others didn't, but there is NO comparison to what lebron gets called in his favor.  i mean when he blew into the TOTALLY STATIONARY (ery? sp?) Semih the other day- I mean really.  Pathetic. 

Yeah Jordan capped Russell on the head and pushed off sometimes but they never built their stats out of talentless barrelling into people on a nightly basis.

That's what makes bronnie so much worse and so unwatchable.  He's got the talent to do other things, but just won't stop the charge-a-thon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its aggravating to rehash this over and over again but it has to be said. The NBA is a scam. The refs are in the tank for certain teams/players and thats a fact.

Can any objective person watch the Heat/Celtics game and not think the refs were completely biased? The stuff this prim donna Lebron gets away with just ruins the game itself. From the bull charges to the no "T"s . Comparing Nates T to Lebrons rant  (no "T") is disgusting.  TO watch this guy crash into defenders knowing hes gonna get the call no matter what makes you realize this is not the game it used to be. Its diluted and truly close to par with the WWE.

The deck is stacked and in plain view for all to see. Thats the most disturbing part. The NBA blatantly puts the bias in your face knowing theres nothing you can do about it. I know I cant stop watching Celtic games but I hardly ever watch any other NBA games  and refuse to buy any merchandise.  In a way Im sometimes satisfied with the NBA olympic or world team loses... the league needs to be taken down several notches.

I wonder what european fans think of the refs here or the treatment Lebron gets... they must think the NBA is more marketing/entertainment than basketball. They are not starry eyed anymore about our players like in the past. The rest of the world has caught up to us because we're a league of dunks  and cheats. The real game is gone and only a few teams are left playing it.. The rest are more interested in espn hightlight clips and stats.... 

Oh look, Lebron had a triple double 35 points on 24 FTs.  Talk about slowing a game down to a grind with BS fouls in an effort to let little lord fauntleroy be a hero.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Darling is James : James sells merchandise which lines the bank accounts of everyone. He also attracts viewers who aren't really basketball fans which makes the networks happy. It was funny listening to the announcers on TNT go on and on about how 'special' Miami was going to be when they learn to play together. It was the same tune their first meeting on ESPN except the chorus was when Wade gets more time to play with the team. No one wants to admit that unless some people on the Heat put away their egos and start passing and playing together they may be the Yankees of the NBA. A collection of highly paid free agents who can't produce. The only difference will be that since baseball doesn't have a cap the Yankees are able to throw more and more millions until they win.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

+1

What he said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i see someone reported my post from this morning and had it deleted

all the celtics fans can do is complain lebron's call without seeing the gross hypcrisy in doing so...the celtics have more titles than anyone else...yet they never get calls? give me a break...that ridiculous and shows how empty this complaing is

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Darling is James : ALL fans complain, that's what they do! What is hypcrisy?  Is is a Miami thing? All JJ does is predict 100-86 wins for his team, then not show up the next day after his team loses..................then repeats the behavior the second time his team loses. That is just shallow and shows how empty he is!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

JJ is bitter and feels scorned. He knows no matter how he wishes and dreams, reality is the HEAT still got hammered TWICE by the Celtics and Lebrons stats are inflated because of the ref's & NBA marketing machine.

Just too hard for him to handle it.. be understanding and gentle with the lad. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Darling is James : i take a great deal of consolation from the fact there is 70+ games left for the heat to get better while the celtics get older be gentle in understanding this
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the Heat have LOTS OF ROOM to get better. Hopefully they get much better so they can give the Celts a game.  Maybe "no ring" Lebron can trim his ego and stop being a hot dog and ruining his team. But wait, he couldnt do that in 7 years in Cleve... lost cause.. he doesnt have it in him, have you noticed?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm not sure the nba really loves LBJ that much anymore.  I don't think they'll really help the heat win many games this year and I don't think they'll help them beat the C's if it comes to that.  I dont think stern cares much for that kind of lumping of talent.

The calls that came at the end of the last game were simply to make things entertaining for national tv.  Not to give lbj the game.  Now dallas on the other hand...that was a predetermined game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Just do what I do guys. Whenever I see games where Lebron is getting BS calls, or games where officials are being biased and dominating the game themselves, I send a e-mail to the NBA.com about it. Every single time I do this. Load them up. I do. Tell then to stop rigging this sport. It's become evident to all the true fans, and damn near all pro B-Ball chat sites discuss this very issue. They're ruining the product. Quit playing us for fools.

Then I ask them how I can get my hands on an officials jersey. Since they're taking over as the stars of this tainted league. Hit them with all your complaints guys. I do.

Sections
Shortcuts