NBA Firesale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

NBA Firesale

Folks within the next 2 weeks there is going to be major fire sales gone on around the league. Players that are potential FA's, players that have multiple years on their contract, players that are overpaid and older vets will be bought out.

Wyc has told Ainge what the owners stance is going to be for the lockout. Teams will be trying their hardest to trim payrolls and overhead expenses so they don't have all of thes bloated contracts on their books when negotiations get thorough. Only the contending teams that have a chance to win will take on players.

Ainge knows he is going to have the pick of the litter. All the other contending teams didn't open 3 roster spots and if they do they will have to get rid of someone they don't want too. The C's core is all locked up so Ainge got rid of the excess baggage. I wouldn't be surprised to see JON on the list of bought out players...opening up another spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: NBA Firesale

In Response to NBA Firesale:
    Folks within the next 2 weeks there is going to be major fire sales gone on around the league. Players that are potential FA's, players that have multiple years on their contract, players that are overpaid and older vets will be bought out. Wyc has told Ainge what the owners stance is going to be for the lockout. Teams will be trying their hardest to trim payrolls and overhead expenses so they don't have all of thes bloated contracts on their books when negotiations get thorough. Only the contending teams that have a chance to win will take on players. Ainge knows he is going to have the pick of the litter. All the other contending teams didn't open 3 roster spots and if they do they will have to get rid of someone they don't want too. The C's core is all locked up so Ainge got rid of the excess baggage. I wouldn't be surprised to see JON on the list of bought out players...opening up another spot.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Link for Wyc telling Ainge the owners stance please.  I would love to read that. I doubt there will be as many players bought out as you might think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I like how that sounds.

DA has to have had some plan in mind opening up all the roster spots. Its one thing if youre a lousy team, but a top contender for the title?? No way, Jose.

What Bias said would certainly explain Ainges moves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If Ainge does not have a plan, then I can't understand the Semi Luke deal????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Firesale:
    In Response to NBA Firesale : Link for Wyc telling Ainge the owners stance please.  I would love to read that. I doubt there will be as many players bought out as you might think.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Anybody bug his office with a mike and a webcam?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If Ainge does not have a plan, then I can't understand the Semi Luke deal????
    Posted by maryngary

Nice to have a plan, but how do you know it is going to work?  It is contingent on someone being bought out and them WANTING to play for the C's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Not sure about your 2 week theory but players need to be waiver by March 1 to be playoff eligible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Not sure about your 2 week theory but players need to be waiver by March 1 to be playoff eligible.
    Posted by spewey

Players will be bought out this weekend or Monday because for them to be eligible for the playoffs, they need to be on an NBA roster on March 1.

Therefore, players will need to make quick decisions about accepting buyout amounts in order to get picked up and signed by March 1 (Tuesday).

I mentioned on another post that we will know what we're working with by next Wednesday's morning practice for the Phoenix home game that night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Better sooner than later

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I know the March 1st date but once a guy is signed you can't judge him on the first game. He's got to learn the defense first in Boston. It's going to take 2-3 weeks before you really see the dividends.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The longer this team play undermanned, the worse our chances our for home court advantage.  Or is that something you have conceded already.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The longer this team play undermanned, the worse our chances our for home court advantage.  Or is that something you have conceded already.
    Posted by concord27

I have.
    It'll surely take time to get all the new guys on the same, celtics page. We're not going to keep up with Miami I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Heat schedule in March: Magic, Spurs, Bulls, Blazers, Lakers, Memphis, Spurs, OKC, and Hawks. How's that for a March schedule?

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

They'll loose about 3-4 of those games.
    HA!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Heat schedule in March: Magic, Spurs, Bulls, Blazers, Lakers, Memphis, Spurs, OKC, and Hawks. How's that for a March schedule? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Celts-Bulls-Heat-Hawks 1-2-3-4 would be fun... w/ Melo vs/ Lebron in rd 1 and the Magic needing 6 or 7 to beat Atlanta before coming to us (having swept some trash team like Indiana.

even w/o Perk I fear the bulls more then the Magic. We take Orlando in 5 while Miami/Chicago exhaust themselves in 7... then we move through the winner to the finals in 6 or 7.

That would be a dream come true

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Reading the article stating that Ainge wanted Rip if he was going to be traded and bought by the Cavs. Rip declined the trade but the Cavs said they would buy him out. The Pistons can still buy him out. Ainge wants Rip

Is Ainge targeting Rip and Murphy...or just one? That would be a WOW move if he can swing both.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I know the March 1st date but once a guy is signed you can't judge him on the first game. He's got to learn the defense first in Boston. It's going to take 2-3 weeks before you really see the dividends.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Your right, the player will have to learn our players, learn the plays and the defensive concept.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Reading the article stating that Ainge wanted Rip if he was going to be traded and bought by the Cavs. Rip declined the trade but the Cavs said they would buy him out. The Pistons can still buy him out. Ainge wants Rip Is Ainge targeting Rip and Murphy...or just one? That would be a WOW move if he can swing both.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Bias i am not doubting your word, but Did Danny actually say he wanted Rip, or did Rips name just come up in a article that the C's may be interested in him?  I haven't seen Danny name any players yet, but maybe I missed it. I hope we get him though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

There is a story in ESPN today that states that Boston and Chicago were going to try and sign Hamilton if he were traded and bought out.
        From what I have read, it seems to me that Hamilton is behaving like a jerk. He's stirring up a lot of trouble right now. Visit ESPN.com and read the articles and you'll see what I mean.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Reading the article stating that Ainge wanted Rip if he was going to be traded and bought by the Cavs. Rip declined the trade but the Cavs said they would buy him out. The Pistons can still buy him out. Ainge wants Rip Is Ainge targeting Rip and Murphy...or just one? That would be a WOW move if he can swing both.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I read somewhere that if RIP is bought out that he was going to sign with chicago most likely

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

I don't know about JO being bought out we may need him now without Perk or Semi.

Sections
Shortcuts