NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win?

Foreshadowing, a technique used in fiction, both literary and film, means the writer-director reveals, in a vague, symbolic way, something that is bound to happen in the plot in the future, something inevitable.  It foreshadows (or predicts) something that is inevitable, that is bound to happen. 

I believe that the NBA promo ads featuring Lebron James and Chris Bosh coddling the NBA trophy represents the NBA foreshadowing a preordained Heat victory in the finals. 

It's so blatant it is truly disgusting.  Neither James nor Bosh has ever won a trophy so the promo ads are pure fiction.  I've never seen anything like it. 

If the Mavs win it all it will probably be despite the NBA's will.  Yes, I may look like a fool if the Mavs win it, and so far they are cooperating by missing wide open shots and turning the ball over.  Yet the calls or non calls are definitely going against them. 

I don't know how the NBA does it or how they will do it, but I believe that the NBA has preordained that the Heat will win the title.  I just think that they have gotten better at controlling the games through the refs, being more subtle about it, and hiding it better.

I'm disgusted because I love NBA basketball, but every year at this time I believe that the fix is in. I'm not a conspiracy nut, yet I see what I see.  NBA promo ads with Heat players, who have never won a thing, coddling the NBA trophy.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win?

In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win?:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like you're coming over to the dark side ... I assumed there would be another ad showing the Mavs "coddling" the trophy too ... if not then you are onto something, I think ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was wondering and thinking the same, yet I haven't seen a promo featuring any Mavs coddling the trophy: if there is one, I'm ready to eat crow.  If there isn't then it is just too blatant.  Or will they put one out now that I've exposed them.  Cool

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I may look like a fool if the Mavs win it, and so far they are cooperating by missing wide open shots and turning the ball over.   http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Too late for that pronouncement...judging by your past prognosis you're a fool a hundred times over.

[QUOTE] Yes, I may look like a fool if the Mavs win it, and so far they are cooperating by missing wide open shots and turning the ball over.  Yet the calls or non calls are definitely going against them.

Fact:  through four games, the Mavs has 110 Free Throws, the Heat 89.  Yet you continue to spout your idiotic conspiracies.  But I digress.  Please continue your sore-loser rambling because we know every season without a Celtics title is one that is tainted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'm not a conspiracy nut, yet I see what I see."

You may not be a nut, but you are a conspiracist. Put on the tin foil hats. If anything, Stern cares about TV ratings. TV ratings are created by long, contentious playoff series. A seven game series is SO MUCH BETTER for the NBA than a Heat sweep in four games.

The Mavs have received plenty of favorable calls in this series as well.

I hate it when so-called Celtics fans whine that "the fix is in" when we do not make the finals. It diminishes anything we might achieve in the future. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Icnd,
    There is no bigger fool than a laker fan or Celtic hater who posts here for what reason?  Just to annoy and be provocative. What is you purpose here? You can't find a board where you are welcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Why does any reasonable person eliminate any idea of conspiracy when an NBA ref sat in a prison cell, admitted guilt for cheating and testified other NBA refs did the same... and many times did so at the behest of NBA league officials??

Thats virtually the definition of conspiracy.

Couple that with the "STF U Policy" the NBA maintains regarding any negative commenting from players/owners/coaches about their precious refs.

Lastly, watching some of these games and witnessing the incomprehensible calls/non calls the NBA refs make... especially on slow mot, instant replay, leaving absolutely no doubt the ref had to make more than just a mistake.

Again, if youre reasonable person, explain how you can categorically rule out conspiracy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Why does any reasonable person eliminate any idea of conspiracy when an NBA ref sat in a prison cell, admitted guilt for cheating and testified other NBA refs did the same... and many times did so at the behest of NBA league officials?? Thats virtually the definition of conspiracy.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

One greedy official does not make a conspiracy!  According to the dictionary, a conspiracy is "evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons".  And just because a criminal says he had helped, or anything for that matter, doesn't make it true.  You believe everything a guy behind bars say?  What are you, 8 years old?

[QUOTE]Lastly, watching some of these games and witnessing the incomprehensible calls/non calls the NBA refs make... especially on slow mot, instant replay, leaving absolutely no doubt the ref had to make more than just a mistake. [/QUOTE]

Like I stated before, the Mavs have 110 FTs to the Heat's 89.  The facts belie your point! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : One greedy official does not make a conspiracy!  According to the dictionary, a conspiracy is "evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons".   And just because a criminal says he had helped, or anything for that matter, doesn't make it true.  You believe everything a guy behind bars say?  What are you, 8 years old? Like I stated before, the Mavs have 110 FTs to the Heat's 89.  The facts belie your point! 
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

First off, I didnt suggest in my post the NBA was conspiring to make the HEat beat the Mavs. Therefore your message regarding the Mavs having more FT attempts is meaningless. Speaking of 8 year olds, maybe if you had the reading comprehension skills of an 8 year old, you'd have gleaned this.

Second, just because a criminal says it doesnt make it not true either. Witnessing the ridiculousness of NBA calls, which imo are far more eggregious and frequent than any other level of basketball, lends credibility, not suspicion, to the claims of Donaghey. In fact, many fans felt this way long before they knew the name of Donaghey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : First off, I didnt suggest in my post the NBA was conspiring to make the HEat beat the Mavs. Therefore your message regarding the Mavs having more FT attempts is meaningless. Speaking of 8 year olds, maybe if you had the reading comprehension skills of an 8 year old, you'd have gleaned this. Second, just because a criminal says it doesnt make it not true either. Witnessing the ridiculousness of NBA calls, which imo are far more eggregious and frequent than any other level of basketball, lends credibility, not suspicion, to the claims of Donaghey. In fact, many fans felt this way long before they knew the name of Donaghey.

So you give a convicted criminal the benefit of doubt and I don't.  I get it.

To what other "levels" of basketball do you pay more attention to other than the NBA?  If you watch the NCAA, there's also been scandals and cries of cheating also.  In fact, it happens in every level in EVERY sport, usually by jilted fans of the losing teams, like yourself.  As for the pinnacle of fan complaints and angst concerning officiating, go to any NFL message board (except of course the Green Packers sites).  As for facts, they're only meaningless when it doesn't further your agenda.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerT. Show LakerT's posts

rajonrondowski's 2nd favorite sporting event. Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]Foreshadowing, a technique used in fiction, both literary and film, means the writer-director reveals, in a vague, symbolic way, something that is bound to happen in the plot in the future, something inevitable.  It foreshadows (or predicts) something that is inevitable, that is bound to happen.   I believe that the NBA promo ads featuring Lebron James and Chris Bosh coddling the NBA trophy represents the NBA foreshadowing a preordained Heat victory in the finals.   It's so blatant it is truly disgusting.  Neither James nor Bosh has ever won a trophy so the promo ads are pure fiction.  I've never seen anything like it.   If the Mavs win it all it will probably be despite the NBA's will.  Yes, I may look like a fool if the Mavs win it, and so far they are cooperating by missing wide open shots and turning the ball over.  Yet the calls or non calls are definitely going against them.   I don't know how the NBA does it or how they will do it, but I believe that the NBA has preordained that the Heat will win the title.  I just think that they have gotten better at controlling the games through the refs, being more subtle about it, and hiding it better. I'm disgusted because I love NBA basketball, but every year at this time I believe that the fix is in.   I'm not a conspiracy nut, yet I see what I see.  NBA promo ads with Heat players, who have never won a thing, coddling the NBA trophy.   http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

RR,
    Interestingly enough, one of my co-workers expressed similar opinion just this morning.
    OTOH (or maybe the same), last night I saw one of the rarest events in NBA: Lebron was called for offensive foul.
    Also, as much as I dislike JVG, I couldn't agree with him more. During the last game he suggested that NBA should implement some penalty for flopping.
    As for conspiracy - I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure that corruption does exist in NBA. The only question is how wide and/or deep. The fundamental reason for that is NBA is multi-billion dollar business without real check and balances.

AK

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : RR, Interestingly enough, one of my co-workers expressed similar opinion just this morning. OTOH (or maybe the same), last night I saw one of the rarest events in NBA: Lebron was called for offensive foul. Also, as much as I dislike JVG, I couldn't agree with him more. During the last game he suggested that NBA should implement some penalty for flopping. As for conspiracy - I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure that corruption does exist in NBA. The only question is how wide and/or deep. The fundamental reason for that is NBA is multi-billion dollar business without real check and balances. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

No checks and balances???? What do you want? Government oversight?

The NBA is a money making venture that has to provide a good product. Otherwise, it will not sell... and folks will go elsewhere with their entertainment dollars.

Pud

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerT. Show LakerT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : I have to agree about the calls and that the NBA has all ready annointed the "Renegade 3"..  I cannot believe the lack of traveling calls on Lebron and especially Wade.  Last night I literally counted 4 steps before he put the ball on the floor.  He took one after he stopped his dribble and then, while holding onto the ball hopped put both of his feet on the floor and then took a step before he dribbled again........it was totally blatant....and if you watch him he always shuffles his feet before he startes his dribble........the WWF can learn something by the way the NBA is headed.  And lets not even get into the ticky tack fouls that go one way.........I saw Dirk last night ready for a defensive rebound looking at the basket and Bosh climbs up his back and puts it in........where's the justice
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

That would have been a double dribble if he stopped his dribble and then after taking 4 steps dribbled again. I'm just sayin'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : No checks and balances???? What do you want? Government oversight?  Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I think Obama should appoint an NBA Czar to make sure the Celtics get a fair shake and to scrutinize Boston's hated rivals, such as the Lakers and Heat.  It's not like the government have more important things to do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : I think Obama should appoint an NBA Czar to make sure the Celtics get a fair shake and to scrutinize Boston's hated rivals, such as the Lakers and Heat.  It's not like the government have more important things to do.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Then these idiots might have a real complaint about the  lack of checks and balances ... if big gov gets involved.

Free enterprise businesses tend to be self-policing.

Why???

The sports fan has a zillion choices as to how to spend their hard earned $$$$. The sports entertainment industry is extremely competitive... and very concerned about image and credibility. The integrity and viability and marketability of  its brand.

Its not too big to fail by any means. No gov bailouts here.

OK sinus 007... what sorts of checks and balances would you suggest for this multi-billion dollar industry.... to keep it on the up and up?

Pud 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : RR, Interestingly enough, one of my co-workers expressed similar opinion just this morning.

OTOH (or maybe the same), last night I saw one of the rarest events in NBA: Lebron was called for offensive foul.

Also, as much as I dislike JVG, I couldn't agree with him more. During the last game he suggested that NBA should implement some penalty for flopping. As for conspiracy - I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure that corruption does exist in NBA.

The only question is how wide and/or deep. The fundamental reason for that is NBA is multi-billion dollar business without real check and balances. AK

Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

-

Yes!  I'm surprised more people haven't noticed these one sided promos.  They are in extremely poor taste because many people who do not know better may assume these guys won a title in the past. 

I've never before seen promos of guys who have never won a title holding the trophy.

Are there any promos of Dirk coddling the trophy.  I have not seen any. Anyone?

Curiouser and curiouser.  I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the Heat have been preordained by the NBA to win the title.  How will they do it, I don't know, but the Mavs will have to be extremely good and lucky to overcome the will of the NBA and win the title.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : So you give a convicted criminal the benefit of doubt and I don't.  I get it. To what other "levels" of basketball do you pay more attention to other than the NBA?  If you watch the NCAA, there's also been scandals and cries of cheating also.  In fact, it happens in every level in EVERY sport, usually by jilted fans of the losing teams, like yourself.  As for the pinnacle of fan complaints and angst concerning officiating, go to any NFL message board (except of course the Green Packers sites).  As for facts, they're only meaningless when it doesn't further your agenda.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Im not giving Donaghey or anyone else the benefit of the doubt. Donagheys testimony and first hand experience  just builds the evidence.. You claim scandal and cheating accusations on all levels of basketball...obviously youre taking the words of what youre reading... My claim of NBA refs and their far more egregious calls/non calls than the other levels of basketball come from my own personal experience and what I witness as a spectator..first hand.

Whatever you feel my agenda is , its just more specualtion on your part...probably to further your agenda to troll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBA Foreshadowing: Heat win? : Im not giving Donaghey or anyone else the benefit of the doubt. Donagheys testimony and first hand experience  just builds the evidence.. You claim scandal and cheating accusations on all levels of basketball...obviously youre taking the words of what youre reading... My claim of NBA refs and their far more egregious calls/non calls than the other levels of basketball come from my own personal experience and what I witness as a spectator..first hand. Whatever you feel my agenda is , its just more specualtion on your part...probably to further your agenda to troll.

Okay, you've got statements from a convicted felon and known liar, the ramblings and gut feelings of jilted Celtics fan RajonRondowski, and your own intuitions from "personal experiences as a witness and spectator".  With that mountain of evidence, how can you be wrong?  Hilarious.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Foreshadowing, a technique used in fiction, both literary and film, means the writer-director reveals, in a vague, symbolic way, something that is bound to happen in the plot in the future, something inevitable.  It foreshadows (or predicts) something that is inevitable, that is bound to happen.   I believe that the NBA promo ads featuring Lebron James and Chris Bosh coddling the NBA trophy represents the NBA foreshadowing a preordained Heat victory in the finals.   It's so blatant it is truly disgusting.  Neither James nor Bosh has ever won a trophy so the promo ads are pure fiction.  I've never seen anything like it.   If the Mavs win it all it will probably be despite the NBA's will.  Yes, I may look like a fool if the Mavs win it, and so far they are cooperating by missing wide open shots and turning the ball over.  Yet the calls or non calls are definitely going against them.   I don't know how the NBA does it or how they will do it, but I believe that the NBA has preordained that the Heat will win the title.  I just think that they have gotten better at controlling the games through the refs, being more subtle about it, and hiding it better. I'm disgusted because I love NBA basketball, but every year at this time I believe that the fix is in.   I'm not a conspiracy nut, yet I see what I see.  NBA promo ads with Heat players, who have never won a thing, coddling the NBA trophy.   http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKI...I hope you are wrong !!!

I'm rooting for Dallas for 2 main reasons, I'm not happy the Heat beat us and I don't believe it was because our big 3 was too old as Kidd, Terry & Dirk are 38, 34 & 33 respectively so are not youngsters and I want Dirk and Jason Kidd (probably his last chance) to win NBA titles. Dirk has led Dallas to 11 Playoffs & this is his 2nd final. He is a 10 time NBA all star and the best power forward, I believe, since our own Larry Bird.

As I reflect over & over on our loss to the Heat in 5 games, I can't remember a closer 4-1 series. We were tied 80-80 in Game 2 and led most of the way in Games 4 & 5. Rondo getting hurt was a main factor as we really needed a healthy point guard down the stretch in Games 4 & 5 as there were some crucial possessions thrown away. Emotionally Rondo was an inspiration for the team but it wasn't enough and I feel Doc should have sat him down and played West.

There is definitely some luck involved many times in sports as our guys, and not too old either, are a good team with a good coach and even with injured players will make the opponents execute to perfection to beat them. Just a few turnovers in our favor, a few shots made and some missed contested shots by the Heat---I recall unhappily that we were beaten by some late 3 pointers by LeBron and we were in his face & contested them but the one in Game 4 tied the score & then he hit 2, the 2nd a real dagger, to seal Game 5.  Without these 3s it could have easily been 3-3 and who knows in game 7 ? And many feel he's a star and should have made those shots--- hmmm ???, look at his performance in Game 4 vs. the Mavs. For most of the games there were 5 battles and I feel Miami would have blown out a lesser team in 4 games.  And if we contested, defended even better, we got called for fouls. The Heat shot 9 to our 2 in the final quarter of game 5. UGH, I was reminded a bit of our game 7 loss to the Lakers & the tremendous disparity in fouls being a major contributor to the loss. Went back to the Box scores and here's another main  reason we lost. Five games fouls awarded & made, Miami first & then Boston, 32-26…18-14, +12 points, 36-27…22-17, +10 points, 19-14…17-14…"0"…WE WON !!!, 28-25…29-25…"0" and finally 38-26…20-14, +12 points.

Total for 5 games: Miami 153 made 117 and Celtics 106 made 84 which totals 153 awarded to 106 or +47 and made 117 to 84 or +33. Think if these were more even we would have won 1-2-3 more games ???  

OK, I'm crying & venting, Mea Culpa….

Go Red Sox
    Red Sox
     Go Bruins 

Bruins
    PS...I hate the Heat as much as the Yankees so I'm not completely despondent these days !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Indeed you might, Rondowski. Indeed you might!

Pud