NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo

Rondo is a one trick pony and teams in the NBA have figured out how to stop Rondo. With no out side shot, teams simply have Rondo's man clog the middle and double team Pierce,Garnett or Allen.

NBA teams dare Rondo to shoot 1-10 against NJ,  zero points against the Pacers.

Rondo looks so sad dribbling- dribbling -dribbling at the top of the key,unable to shoot and unable to drive as his man is waiting in the lane blocking Rondo's drive to the hoop. They all know his behind the back carry move and they no longer bite for it.

Rondo will become a bench player, just like he was in college at Kentucky. College coaches with Zone defenses figured out real quick how to stop the one trick pony know as Rondo.

Start West or Arroyo and sit the brick layer Rondo.

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo

In Response to Re: NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo:
    One trick pony that had 8 assists in less than 30 mins of play and sat the whole 4th quarter..I'll take that.. One trick pony that is leading the league in his one trick....
    Posted by BBALLIQ

LOL. Great response. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

He is kinda of right cause Rondo is not a good shooter.  He gets most of his assist cause he is playing with scorers and hall of famers for the lastfew years. Why did Coach k almost cut  Rondo from the  USA team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Rondo is playing hurt.  Anyone who hasn't figured that out yet, is either an idiot or a hater or both. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

everything df2 just said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

In Response to NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo:
    Rondo is a one trick pony and teams in the NBA have figured out how to stop Rondo. With no out side shot, teams simply have Rondo's man clog the middle and double team Pierce,Garnett or Allen. NBA teams dare Rondo to shoot 1-10 against NJ,  zero points against the Pacers. Rondo looks so sad dribbling- dribbling -dribbling at the top of the key,unable to shoot and unable to drive as his man is waiting in the lane blocking Rondo's drive to the hoop. They all know his behind the back carry move and they no longer bite for it. Rondo will become a bench player, just like he was in college at Kentucky. College coaches with Zone defenses figured out real quick how to stop the one trick pony know as Rondo. Start West or Arroyo and sit the brick layer Rondo. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

.....RONDO WELL SHUT YOU UP IN THE PLAYOFFS, YOU STARTING TO FORGET WHAT HE BRINGS IN GREEN.... THE PLAYOFFS IS WHERE HE DO HIS MAGIC, WITHOUT RONDO WE WOULDED NEVER HAD THAT 08 CHAMPIONSHIP.  AND THE GUY IS BADLY BANG-UP- GARNET MENTION IT,  PLAYING HEAVY MINS THEY HAVE NOBODY YET TO BACK HIM-UP, Arroyo IS NEW TO THE SYSTEM, AND WEST IS NOT IN BASKETBALL SHAPE,.AND YOU SEE HOW HORRIBLE NATE ROBISON WAS THIS SEASON AS A PG, SO RONDO NEVER GOT REST.., QUIT HATING ON THE LIL GUY, HE'LL GET HIS GROVE BACK, ITS A LONG SEASON YOU CAN'T ALWAYS BE PERFECT EVENING PAUL RAY AND GARNET HAVE BAD NIGHTS... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If Rondo is hurt then he should sit and heal.  If he is well he needs to bring the ball up the court much faster and attack.  He never needs to play the 2, do you hear that Doc.  Our best all around guard is D. West, but Rondo is our starter for this year and if healthy can lead us to another title.  He played better against the Pacers, but his stand and wave at your man defense has to go.  He is not, on a consistent basis, bringing the ball us fast.   I don't care how great the media thinks he is, if he does nor bring it or he is wounded then steps need to be taken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

If Rondo is hurt then he should sit and heal.  If he is well he needs to bring the ball up the court much faster and attack.  He never needs to play the 2, do you hear that Doc.  Our best all around guard is D. West, but Rondo is our starter for this year and if healthy can lead us to another title.  He played better against the Pacers, but his stand and wave at your man defense has to go.  He is not, on a consistent basis, bringing the ball us fast.   I don't care how great the media thinks he is, if he does nor bring it or he is wounded then steps need to be taken.
    Posted by maryngary

I`m sure Doc needs your advice on how to coach the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Run,

Lets let the Lakers keep having the worse fans ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Lakers-fans-worst-in-NBA-among-worst-of-all-spo?urn=nba-334878

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Run, Lets let the Lakers keep having the worse fans ;) http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Lakers-fans-worst-in-NBA-among-worst-of-all-spo?urn=nba-334878
    Posted by HarryMangurian

This according to the noted sports authorities at GQ Magazine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo:
    Rondo is a one trick pony and teams in the NBA have figured out how to stop Rondo. With no out side shot, teams simply have Rondo's man clog the middle and double team Pierce,Garnett or Allen. NBA teams dare Rondo to shoot 1-10 against NJ,  zero points against the Pacers. Rondo looks so sad dribbling- dribbling -dribbling at the top of the key,unable to shoot and unable to drive as his man is waiting in the lane blocking Rondo's drive to the hoop. They all know his behind the back carry move and they no longer bite for it. Rondo will become a bench player, just like he was in college at Kentucky. College coaches with Zone defenses figured out real quick how to stop the one trick pony know as Rondo. Start West or Arroyo and sit the brick layer Rondo. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

The only way he sits is if he's hurt...go ahead and play zone......Ray, Pierce, KG and Krstic will eat a zone alive, then they have to go back to man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]One trick pony that had 8 assists in less than 30 mins of play and sat the whole 4th quarter..I'll take that.. One trick pony that is leading the league in his one trick....

Yeah, but the problem is that the opposing PG who played the same amount of minutes had the same number of assists, but scored 16 points vs 0 for Rondo and had 1 less turnover.  One trick pony got stampeeded...again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

He is kinda of right cause Rondo is not a good shooter.  He gets most of his assist cause he is playing with scorers and hall of famers for the lastfew years. Why did Coach k almost cut  Rondo from the  USA team
    Posted by RickFox17

Almost cut Rondo?  Hitler allowed many of his generals commit suicide and then gave them heroes burials.

Some would like to believe that Rondo left for personal reasons but when the coach comes right out and says "we can't afford to have people on the floor that can't shoot" reminds me of a company I used to work for.

When someone was fired the report was that "they are seeking other opportunities". 

After leaving team USA he was seeking other opportunities.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I have posted two messages in this thread pointing out the obvious fact that run is a BDC moderator. He is not real. 

Both posts have been deleted by the mods. Which just reinforces my point.

If you guys think I am simply going to give up, you are sadly mistaken. After all the garbage I have seen go unchecked on these boards for years, I'll be damned if I'm going to let you censor me. At this point, it's a matter of principal.

You are more than welcome to keep trying though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo : You may just be the saddest, ignorant poster on this forum. What team are you a fan of? I'm pretty sure its the Suns. Talk to me when the Suns make the playoffs or play some defense. Until then you have nothing to say.
    Posted by b126962

I agree with you.  He always posts negative racist comments. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo : I agree with you.  He always posts negative racist comments. 
    Posted by susan250

Agree with you both and then again we have the pleasant one "Dudder" or as I refer to him in proper terms as "DUD" or THE DUD". It's obvious he hates Rondo and won't give up his constant blathering. 

Hetchinspete 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is playing so poorly, you would have to consider teams have found a strategy that seems to work on him.  He has to start proving them wrong.  Which we are not seeing right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Rondo is playing hurt.  Anyone who hasn't figured that out yet, is either an idiot or a hater or both. 
    Posted by jerrycole

what's the injury jerry?  i don't see limping, wincing, grabbing at body parts.  but i do see pouting, variable energy levels and him killing the offense with standing around holding the ball.

so what is it?  brain injury or physical injury?

why doesn't the team flush out of the little bugger things like "what's bothering you" and "where's the ouchie" so the trainer can have a look?

i'm sure he's got some aches and pains just like all vets at game 65.  but the worse problems are in his head and with his fundamentals.  the elephants in the room that nobody will address!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: NBA Knows How To Defend Rondo : what's the injury jerry?  i don't see limping, wincing, grabbing at body parts.  but i do see pouting, variable energy levels and him killing the offense with standing around holding the ball. so what is it?  brain injury or physical injury? why doesn't the team flush out of the little bugger things like "what's bothering you" and "where's the ouchie" so the trainer can have a look? i'm sure he's got some aches and pains just like all vets at game 65.  but the worse problems are in his head and with his fundamentals.  the elephants in the room that nobody will address!
    Posted by aciemvp

He has played the whole season with plantar fasciitis as did Perk a couple of years ago.

I agree he is a complete headcase and has always been overrated but his gigantic weaknesses have been by his coach who has not until recently instructed him to do things that ummmmm point guards do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from weakside. Show weakside's posts

The Cs are at their best when they don't walk the ball up the court.  When they push the ball they get Garnett position in the low  post and Ray gets wide open
    spot up 3s.  It all depends on them getting stops.  When they get stops and then get out and run they are effective.  Rondo can't be guarded in the open
    court.  But when they walk it up, they are much less effective.  The players Ainge brought in at the trading deadline are not defensive stoppers.  They don't have the defensive rotations down yet.  If they can get together on D by the time the playoffs starts and Shaq comes back, they will be in very good shape.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

your point is mute if the big three were shooting higher than 10% from the field in the last 6 games. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

your point is mute if the big three were shooting higher than 10% from the field in the last 6 games. 
    Posted by myaim45

the point may have even been moot

Sections
Shortcuts