NBA Player of the Week 3/9--3/16..... the voting is in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

NBA Player of the Week 3/9--3/16..... the voting is in

You guessed it, all star point guard Rabomb Wrongdo caught the attention of the league this week battling stalwart opposing PG's: Eric Gordon, Borat Tragic, George Hill, Brandon Jennings to the following stat line:

FG% 27.1

FT% 0.00%%%%% (0-2)

3PT FG% 6.7%

Pts 8.3

Ast 11.3

Reb 5.3

Stl 1.7

T/O 1.5

No this is not a reproduced stat line of Jacque Vaughan or any of the other previous 'Helen Keller' type PG's who scuttled about the league on various teams as back up point guards / pine riders for their 10+ year careers, this is the stat line of ALL STAR POINT GUARD Rajon Wrongdo....

Someone take the pen and paper out of Danny's office just to make sure there are no contract extension signings for ANYONE on this team.....

And I do not mean to insult Jacque Vaughan- he did shoot 78% from the charity stripe in his sub mediocre career

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: NBA Player of the Week 3/9--3/16..... the voting is in

I agree Rondo shouldnt get max money, and if he wants it he should be let walk.

On the other hand other than shooting his stat line that you posted was excellent. 11.3 assists to 1.5 turnovers is crazy good.

I don't get why people get so worked up over this guy. He is a skilled pg that can't shoot. He isn't worth max money.

Case closed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree Rondo shouldnt get max money, and if he wants it he should be let walk.

On the other hand other than shooting his stat line that you posted was excellent. 11.3 assists to 1.5 turnovers is crazy good.

I don't get why people get so worked up over this guy. He is a skilled pg that can't shoot. He isn't worth max money.

Case closed.

[/QUOTE]

with a disgusting offensive production stat line for a week in the life of an nba player i could not resist. 

here is where it all starts and ends with rondo.  you cannot be a 'star guard' or a legit player on a good team w/o being a complete player.  his offensive production is horrid.  he short circuits his best skill- quickness by avoiding using it on offense AND defense. 

we've all seen in the past when rondo bends his knees and decides to do work, he's a superb one on one defender.  gambling for steals is not a way of life. 

you just can't shoot 26, 30, 35 or even 40% from the field and be a contender quality type point guard.  rondo was only able to hide his issues with KG and pierce and ray and stalling the tempo to a dead snore-fest.

so give a team 3 18 million dollar stars and rondo could do a decent job being floor general- but your pay slot as fourth fiddle is not going to be 18, 15, 13 million.  for his production and incompleteness he should be 8 to 10 max.  period.

we've reached that smelly point where "potential" has molded over and transformed into fool's gold with this guy.  he's not going to change.  he needs a new venue where they can pamper him with accolades and let him run the team so that his stat sheet gets stuffed to his advantage and it doesn't hurt the team.  to do that your superstars need to be 30 to 32 y/o, not old farrttes like KG and PP were last year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

At this point I would be happier if he left.

Not because I think he is a bad player, but because I think he is going to be overpaid by someone  and I would rather it not be the Celtics. Any long term deal for big money with him is going to turn out bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guessed it, all star point guard Rabomb Wrongdo caught the attention of the league this week battling stalwart opposing PG's: Eric Gordon, Borat Tragic, George Hill, Brandon Jennings to the following stat line:

FG% 27.1

FT% 0.00%%%%% (0-2)

3PT FG% 6.7%

Pts 8.3

Ast 11.3

Reb 5.3

Stl 1.7

T/O 1.5

No this is not a reproduced stat line of Jacque Vaughan or any of the other previous 'Helen Keller' type PG's who scuttled about the league on various teams as back up point guards / pine riders for their 10+ year careers, this is the stat line of ALL STAR POINT GUARD Rajon Wrongdo....

Someone take the pen and paper out of Danny's office just to make sure there are no contract extension signings for ANYONE on this team.....

And I do not mean to insult Jacque Vaughan- he did shoot 78% from the charity stripe in his sub mediocre career

[/QUOTE]

but acie, despite  all those paragraphs a nd paragraphs and paragraphs of Rondos shortcomings and ineptness.... isnt his assist to turnover ratio impressive?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

FG% 27.1

FT% 0.00%%%%% (0-2)

3PT FG% 6.7%

Pts 8.3

Ast 11.3

Reb 5.3

Stl 1.7

T/O 1.5

but acie, despite  all those paragraphs a nd paragraphs and paragraphs of Rondos shortcomings and ineptness.... isnt his assist to turnover ratio impressive?

But Karl, 

the stat line said that he shot horribly and had a really good assist to turnover ratio.

Did me pointing that out make you mad?

Grr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, that is impressive. The shooting is very bad.

Ergo, Rondo is an incomplete player...newsflash!

Agree that he shouldn't get max money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes the assist to turnover ratio is grand, it's really good, but that does not make the foundation of an empire.  for his career rondo averages closer to 3 giveaways per game than 1.5.  and 3.3 to 1 assist to turnover is still good.

but all that goes bad in close / playoff games when he won't / can't carry his load on offense and ball handling due to wretched FT% / ability to hit basic 15 to 18 gimme prove it to me shots